Star wars: revenge of the sith - The third installment

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:30 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:I'm a fan of Akira Kurosawa, woof, and a lot of his films have heavily influenced Hollywood, particularly the Magnificent Seven.

The Seven Samurai and the one which influenced Last Man Standing (Yokimbo?) are terrific, but I haven't seen Hidden Fortress yet.

Have you ever seen Akira Kurosawa's Dreams, with Martin Scorcesse as Vincent Van Gogh? :D

I've got 9 of his films on dvd (all the samurai era) have yet to see Dreams , I think it got a bit of a panning from the critics ? Do you recommend it ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Woollyback » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:43 pm

As much as enjoy Star Wars etc I can't be doing with all this CGI stuff. OK it's necessary sometimes but if things carry on like they are, we'll have soon gone full circle and will all be watching glorified cartoons

LOTR was a fantastically well made film and I'm sure an even better book but things like that are SOOOOO not my cup of tea that I was bored to tears, then anger, then deliberate farting when I watched LOTR at the cinema
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:11 pm

Woollyback wrote:I was bored to tears, then anger, then deliberate farting when I watched LOTR at the cinema

So it was you all along !!!  :angry:

And there was me thinking I was watching it in "Smello Rama "

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:16 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
John Barnes' Granny wrote:I'm a fan of Akira Kurosawa, woof, and a lot of his films have heavily influenced Hollywood, particularly the Magnificent Seven.

The Seven Samurai and the one which influenced Last Man Standing (Yokimbo?) are terrific, but I haven't seen Hidden Fortress yet.

Have you ever seen Akira Kurosawa's Dreams, with Martin Scorcesse as Vincent Van Gogh? :D

I've got 9 of his films on dvd (all the samurai era) have yet to see Dreams , I think it got a bit of a panning from the critics ? Do you recommend it ?

Hell no!

Its a bit wierd. Made in the 1980s and has nothing to do with Samurais!

I'd watch it if you were a major fan of Kurosawa, but its really an abstract art house flick.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:18 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:but its really an abstract art house flick.

Sod that then . . :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:26 pm

Even worse, I don't think there's too much art house nudity in there to alleviate the boredom either!
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:40 pm

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse . :( 

Lucky I didn't go to see it , I would have hung on till the very last frame in the  vain hope of seeing at least a bit of flange . People would have been filing out ,the lights would have come on and I would still be sitting  there ,muttering ."Is that it ! ? "
:D  :D  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby zarababe » Sat May 07, 2005 12:34 am

..well the film is only a few weeks away,, so for those sci fi fans.. who are eagerly awaiting the birth of Darth Vadar.. wooooooo.. here's some more info to wet the appetite.. :)

At Hayden Christensen’s request, George Lucas had a new Darth Vader suit made to fit him, rather than use the original costume, which was built to accommodate bodybuilder Dave Prowse. Camera trickery was used to make Christensen appear taller, as he is five inches shorter than 6ft 7in Prowse.

The lightsaber that Obi-Wan uses in Revenge of the Sith is the same one his character - played by Alec Guinness - used in 1977’s Star Wars.

Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen trained for two months in fencing and fitness in preparation for the fight sequences.

One of the early concepts for arch villain General Grievous was a small child sitting on a floating chair, guarded by two IG88 droids. Lucas rejected this concept, believing that a child would not be taken seriously as the deadliest hand-to-hand fighter the galaxy has seen. Instead, part of the final look for the General’s face was inspired by the shape of a bathroom detergent spray nozzle.

Knowing that his character was set to die in Episode III, Samuel L Jackson told George Lucas he would only reprise the role of Mace Windu if he went out in a blaze of glory and not “like some sucker”.

The Wookiee costumes used in the film sport a new arterial system that pumps ice cold water to help cool down the actor wearing the suit.

Gary Oldman had agreed to provide the voice of Jedi killer General Grievous, but pulled out of the film when he realised it breached his acting union’s rules. A spokesman for Oldman explained: “Gary was looking forward to working on the film. The snag is that the movie is being made without members of the Screen Actor’s Guild. It means Gary would have been working illegally overseas. Out of respect and solidarity with the other members, he could not and would not consider violating the rules of his union.”
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Tue May 10, 2005 3:25 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:I ****** hate Star Wars!

Greatest over rated crock o' ****** around. :D

agree, i tried to watch the original but turned it off after half and hour, absolute load poo. I also saw the first of the new films and it was like a disney.
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue May 10, 2005 4:09 pm

I've got tickets for the preview next week, I like Star War don't get me wrong but I'm not a Trekkie like most of them, I'm looking forward to laughin at all the geeks that will show up :D
Last edited by Paul C on Tue May 10, 2005 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Tue May 10, 2005 7:08 pm

I'll be going to see it when it comes out.  You've got to haven't you?
jonnymac1979

Postby zarababe » Tue May 10, 2005 7:12 pm

.. of course u have.. I'm booked upto go too .. can't wait.. :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed May 11, 2005 12:38 pm

im looking forward to it, loved the originals, ep 1 was pants, 2 was ok but 3 will rock..

and a certain natalie portmans in it :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pablo_Escobar » Wed May 11, 2005 12:44 pm

Man can't wait anymore for Sith Action.
It's supposed to be a most thrilling part, darker than Empire Strikes back, very good reviews from critics which've already seen it.  :buttrock
One review said it recompensates for previous two one.
Can't wait for lightsaber action - sweeeeeeeeeeet  :alien:
Pablo_Escobar
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed May 11, 2005 12:54 pm

Going to see it next Friday night.  My mate is booking the tickets so it's sorted.
jonnymac1979

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum