Some pics i made - Photoshop

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:39 am

Very well done, Bav. I'm currently doing the same thing you are doing with learning the various programs that all tie in and compliment each other. Dreamweaver is a little bit too tedious for my liking. Very boring stuff for a creative mind. Illustrator is a little bit of a pain in the ar$e, as to create art on it is made somewhat slightly more assiduous for an artist who would just prefer to let the hands flow. I've gotten to grips with it after getting my head round the fact that images must be built out of shapes and from the bottom up, rather than just sketched free hand as I normally do. It's a fantastic program to compliment Photoshop, though, especially for art work done on PS from scratch and transferred to Illustrator for post effects and vice versa. I love that Adobe allowed for that between the two programs. I must start to get into the flash element of things, as it is more suited to Illustrator vector style artwork than PS is. Also, it is essential for use in web design if you were to design an entire site by build, template and look.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SupitsJonF » Sat Apr 04, 2009 4:08 am

I hate dreamweaver, had to build websites with it and flash in highschool  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:
SupitsJonF

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:53 am

Emerald Red wrote:Very well done, Bav. I'm currently doing the same thing you are doing with learning the various programs that all tie in and compliment each other. Dreamweaver is a little bit too tedious for my liking. Very boring stuff for a creative mind. Illustrator is a little bit of a pain in the ar$e, as to create art on it is made somewhat slightly more assiduous for an artist who would just prefer to let the hands flow. I've gotten to grips with it after getting my head round the fact that images must be built out of shapes and from the bottom up, rather than just sketched free hand as I normally do. It's a fantastic program to compliment Photoshop, though, especially for art work done on PS from scratch and transferred to Illustrator for post effects and vice versa. I love that Adobe allowed for that between the two programs. I must start to get into the flash element of things, as it is more suited to Illustrator vector style artwork than PS is. Also, it is essential for use in web design if you were to design an entire site by build, template and look.

Illustrator is a really powerful tool. However I have put that to one side to concentrate on my flash and actionscript. I've not done any programming before so it's a lot to get my head round. Dreamweaver is good for spry wigits but most of web design happens in flag as you say. Btw have you tried PS CS4 yet? It now has the 3d extrude filter from Illustrator which is really nice. Very RAM heavy though, I need a new PC tbh but an thinking about a MAC.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:26 pm

bavlondon wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Very well done, Bav. I'm currently doing the same thing you are doing with learning the various programs that all tie in and compliment each other. Dreamweaver is a little bit too tedious for my liking. Very boring stuff for a creative mind. Illustrator is a little bit of a pain in the ar$e, as to create art on it is made somewhat slightly more assiduous for an artist who would just prefer to let the hands flow. I've gotten to grips with it after getting my head round the fact that images must be built out of shapes and from the bottom up, rather than just sketched free hand as I normally do. It's a fantastic program to compliment Photoshop, though, especially for art work done on PS from scratch and transferred to Illustrator for post effects and vice versa. I love that Adobe allowed for that between the two programs. I must start to get into the flash element of things, as it is more suited to Illustrator vector style artwork than PS is. Also, it is essential for use in web design if you were to design an entire site by build, template and look.

Illustrator is a really powerful tool. However I have put that to one side to concentrate on my flash and actionscript. I've not done any programming before so it's a lot to get my head round. Dreamweaver is good for spry wigits but most of web design happens in flag as you say. Btw have you tried PS CS4 yet? It now has the 3d extrude filter from Illustrator which is really nice. Very RAM heavy though, I need a new PC tbh but an thinking about a MAC.

Na, I've not tried PS CS4 yet, though I've been wondering about it. CS3 has a 3d extrude filter in it, but its somewhat gash. I'm not really sure to upgrade with it or not as CS3 does what everything I want at the moment, which is just used for simple photo editing, compositions and most of all art work. Still, can always download it and give it a crack. Keep learning all those programs, mate. There's money to be made from a trade in using them, and the beauty of it is that with each individual program there are separate careers and job opportunities. If you're good at them all, then you shouldn't have a problem finding work, or even work via commission. I've more or less got to grips with Illustrator in such a short space of time, that I can now work with it and produce some of the results I want to. The only thing with it is that I need to be more efficient with using the tools. They can be time consuming and often very frustrating in figuring out what you're doing wrong.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:30 pm

Yeah that's the idea mate. I want to do front end web design on the side so am just making sure I have good knowledge of all the tools I need. I did think about print but I can't be arsed to learn Quark so im going to stick with online. I think in a couple more months I will be confident enough to take on some sort of freelance role either for web design or other design related work: newspaper ads, online banners ect....

Plus you know in this economic climate it's always a bonus so have some other skills handy incase you need a career change. :D

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:33 pm

I've been concentrating more on Illustrator over the last week or so. If Nando had his own beer I think it would look something like this. :D

What you reckon?

Last edited by tubby on Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:01 pm

It should have the slogan "get's you bouncin'".
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:24 pm

Think ill make a Rafa one and make that my avatar. Just need something he says all the time to use as the slogan text. Maybe "he is always talking :D".

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:55 pm

HEy all please let me know what you think of this.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:13 pm

interesting... You took of SG's arms feck you... burn bav....  :D
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:13 pm

Yeh just better hadnt start messin with any pictures of Xabi thats all im saying . hes perfect
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:17 pm

Not too sure about the stevie g one mate, looks unfinished more than just finished.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby tubby » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:22 pm

Yeah i rushed it a bit with the splatter brushes. Need to check out deviants and get a bigger range.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gerrard30391 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:22 pm

I couldnt think about anything like that tho bav mate
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby GOAT » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:25 pm

bavlondon wrote:HEy all please let me know what you think of this.

Is it meant to look like hes dissolving?

If so it looks like you've just erased bits of his body

So its sh.it.

:D Only messin
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum