Sick as f.uck - Big brother sinks to new depths

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:40 pm

Dont mean to sound racist here or hard hearted in any way cos im not!!
But i say immigrants and minorities are'nt our problem!! im sick of hearing how these people moan about being victimised because of colour creed etc!People in life in general get victimised and bullied every day for all sorts of reasons!It just seems that if a person is of an ethnic minority they think they have a more valid excuse to complain about it!!I dont think its right i dont condone it in any way,but its a part of life!
I dont know about the rest of Britain but over here the minority groups run around in cliques of theyre own kind and dont mix with the natives atal,so inevetabley people see them as strange!Sad yes but also very true!Personally if i was Prime Minister in light of the terrorist attacks id say for now,no more immigrants until the terrorists are routed out and sent packing!!And in the meantime anyone that came to Britain and feels they need to moan about this that or the other!! well they know where the door is!!
66-1120597113

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:45 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:I've lived in in spain,south africa ,thailand and viet nam .Apart from the local expat pub i have never encountered anything that that remotely resembles an "English ghetto " .

Talk to me when your mum buys you some long pants .

So I suppose you never looked for ex-pats that you could relate to and talk about home or anything??

'Talk to me when your mum buys you some long pants'

How long did it take you to think that up??
Why do people always have to add something like that at the end??

Says a lot about a person that does!!!!

To the first part of your quote from my post i can only say  , No , in fact I tried to avoid contact with most people from the uk preferring instead to intergrate myself with the local community by eating and drinking in the "local" bar's /restaurants . There were times however when I fancied a cold pint of draught and some english footy on the telly and so i would pitch up at the nearest "english bar".

As for the second part of your quote from my post .
  :laugh:

Sunshine, I'd already been around the block ,not to mention the world ,a couple of times before you were even concieved . Don't expect me to take you seriously .

:laugh:  kids today   :laugh:  give them a pc and they think they've seen it all .   :p

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:50 pm

Well Ireland isnt exactly the most cosmopolitan of countries now is it FFS!!! 
You cannot compare Ireland/N.Ireland with the MAJOR cities in the UK, there is just NOT the same number of 'minorities' as you find here........Therefore it is less usual than for say residents of London, to see people of 'ethnic' backgrounds, therefore they are MORE LIKELY (repeat likely!!!) to be victims of racism or prejudicial behaviour, than they would here.

In terms of immigration, Ireland is probably at the point where the UK was 20-25 years ago, so is very hard to compare the two situations IMO!!
76-1115222408

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:02 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:I've lived in in spain,south africa ,thailand and viet nam .Apart from the local expat pub i have never encountered anything that that remotely resembles an "English ghetto " .

Talk to me when your mum buys you some long pants .

So I suppose you never looked for ex-pats that you could relate to and talk about home or anything??

'Talk to me when your mum buys you some long pants'

How long did it take you to think that up??
Why do people always have to add something like that at the end??

Says a lot about a person that does!!!!

To the first part of your quote from my post i can only say  , No , in fact I tried to avoid contact with most people from the uk preferring instead to intergrate myself with the local community by eating and drinking in the "local" bar's /restaurants . There were times however when I fancied a cold pint of draught and some english footy on the telly and so i would pitch up at the nearest "english bar".

As for the second part of your quote from my post .

Sunshine, I'd already been around the block ,not to mention the world ,a couple of times before you were even concieved . Don't expect me to take you seriously .

:laugh:  kids today   :laugh:  give them a pc and they think they've seen it all .   :p

Why do you only qoute the parts that you feel you can make a point on!!!

So you only going to qoute me on this subject are you??  What about others that say what i say, but in a lot harsher style eh??

Says it all really, says it all Woof.

So basically what you are saying is that you only take people seriously that are the same age or older (nearly dead then!) than you............bit shallow that, thinking age equates to smarts. You may have seen more, however dont be stupid enough to believe that they means you KNOW more!!!

How is your free BUS PASS doing you, d'ya get around alright with it!!!  :p

You used to be good for a debate, now you just bore me!!!
76-1115222408

Postby 66-1120597113 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:03 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:Well Ireland isnt exactly the most cosmopolitan of countries now is it FFS!!! 
You cannot compare Ireland/N.Ireland with the MAJOR cities in the UK, there is just NOT the same number of 'minorities' as you find here........Therefore it is less usual than for say residents of London, to see people of 'ethnic' backgrounds, therefore they are MORE LIKELY (repeat likely!!!) to be victims of racism or prejudicial behaviour, than they would here.

In terms of immigration, Ireland is probably at the point where the UK was 20-25 years ago, so is very hard to compare the two situations IMO!!

Point taken!!
We aint exactly primative over ere though!!We got mordern cars n stuff!! Ford Cortinas and the like!! Im headin out 2 pick some spuds for tomorrows dinner!! :nod
66-1120597113

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 9:18 pm

BarryBelfast wrote:
LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:Well Ireland isnt exactly the most cosmopolitan of countries now is it FFS!!! 

Point taken!!
We aint exactly primative over ere though!!We got mordern cars n stuff!! Ford Cortinas and the like!! Im headin out 2 pick some spuds for tomorrows dinner!! :nod

:D

No need for the sarcasm Barry !!!!   
Did make me laugh though!!!!  get them potatoes in !!!!!
:p

76-1115222408

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:08 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:How is your free BUS PASS doing you, d'ya get around alright with it!!!  :p

You used to be good for a debate, now you just bore me!!!

i'm sure you won't lose any sleep over it . You can always play grand theft auto for another couple of hours and make believe you're in "da hood " and have a degree of intelligence   :laugh:

remind me 'cause i'm knockin on a bit ,how do you spell "Per Se "
:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:17 pm

Sorry dont have a Playstation, or Grand Theft Auto...........so there you go!!!!

I play counter strike, an army style game, but that will never be the same for me as you have had real experience of shooting people....namely black people in South Africa if I am correct!!!

Maybe you should go back there so you can feel superior!!!  :p
76-1115222408

Postby zarababe » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:19 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Not sure if i understand your point here Zbabe . are you calling Powell a bigot because he "recognised the tensions that were simmering" between the indiginous population and the rapidly swelling immigrant population . ?

As for your reference to "the break down in intergration of communities " what's your take on this ? Should a soveriegn nation of people with a proud history vacate their way of life and adjust their values and traditions to accomodate a wave of what for most English people back in the 60's were foreigners , OR should the onus be on the newly arrived prospective citizens to adopt the "when in rome do as the romans do " path to intergration ? .

Powell was a bigot, who wanted repatriation not integration..

.. Powell recognised a flaw and warned about the affects of rising community tensions.. the proviso  being for me that policies and measures should have been sought and implemented to prevent such problems from arising..

..segregation occurred partly through where people chose to settle.. 'with their own'.. and partly due to local authority housing policies which placed whites in predominantly white areas and blacks and asians with their communities .. estates became segregated along ethnic lines.. the Community Cohesion agenda recognises the failure of such policies as having contributed to the growth in tensions between communities for whom social and economic pressures on both sides were the same..

..My take on integration  :eyebrow I agree with what you have stated in your second para.. re: when in rome etc etc . well almost..

I quote from something I posted elsewhere, when I say :

culture is not static.. it evolves as nations and populations change.. just as people from britain live in other countries.. like-wise others come here and there and everywhere.. adding to the history and traditons of a nation...

.. however, integration is not about loosing your values and beliefs rather about embracing and adapting to where you live.. yes learning the lingo, part taking in or respecting traditons etc .. and taking the best of both.. from a culture of heritage to one adopted through migration etc etc ..

...most of all our nations are developed enuff and multi-cultural enuff to know that tarnishing whole communities with one brush.. is rather immature and unnecessary..

..as for people being hard pressed to list the contibution of minorities.. the fact that academically asians (including chinese) are the highest acheivers and that the asian/black business sectors accounts for billions in payed taxation to the treasury is but a few of the hard pressed examples I can find  :D  :laugh:
Last edited by zarababe on Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:26 pm

andy_g wrote:a point that is missed by many, and yckatmby touched on, is that the historical, religious and cultural make up of many countries is and always has been in flux. us brits are a combination of french, german and dutch from a long long time back and a lot more now. 'pure blooded' englishmen (to a lesser degree the scots or welsh) are as rare as rocking horse sh.ite in this day and age. who are we too say that this constant flux must now stop and be accepted as the culture that must be protected.

it is also hypocritical in the extreme to cry about the way a tiny minority of these immigrants express anger about the way they are treated or represented in this country when we willy nilly go f.ucking with other cultures on a daily basis, economically, culturally, religiously etc etc.

i also object to people who treat liberalism as a guardian reading, sandal wearing, goody goody stereotype. its as inaccurate as the bigot stereotype of many people with more conservative or right wing views. politics is a far more complex and subtle thing like that. personally i think liberalism is a very challenging path to follow and actually has to confront dealing with difficult issues in a mutually beneficial way instead of being plain reactionary.

.. nicely said ..  :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:27 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:Sorry dont have a Playstation, or Grand Theft Auto...........so there you go!!!!

I play counter strike, an army style game, but that will never be the same for me as you have had real experience of shooting people....namely black people in South Africa if I am correct!!!

Maybe you should go back there so you can feel superior!!!  :p

Hey! is it my fault that the people I shot whilst they were setting fire to a petrol soaked tyre around another african persons neck happend to be black ?

I did shoot a white guy who had raped and was about to carve up his black maid ,if that makes you feel any better .

Like I said ,don't expect me to take a no mark like you seriously . If you had half a brain you could be a danger to yourself.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:30 pm

woof woof ! wrote:remind me 'cause i'm knockin on a bit ,how do you spell "Per Se "

Remind me again how you spell integrate !!!!!   

Is it integrate or as you say 'intergrate'.......please tell me, you are confusing me, if an old man spells it like that, it MUST be correct!!!!

76-1115222408

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:37 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Like I said ,don't expect me to take a no mark like you seriously .

Then WHY reply?? to a 'no mark' like me then!!!!

Seems to be that you ONLY reply to what I say or take me up on MY points, but when others say the same things, I dont see why you fail to pick them up on their points too, just mine!!! Peculiar, very peculiar!!!!

???
76-1115222408

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:04 pm

zarababe wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Not sure if i understand your point here Zbabe . are you calling Powell a bigot because he "recognised the tensions that were simmering" between the indiginous population and the rapidly swelling immigrant population . ?

As for your reference to "the break down in intergration of communities " what's your take on this ? Should a soveriegn nation of people with a proud history vacate their way of life and adjust their values and traditions to accomodate a wave of what for most English people back in the 60's were foreigners , OR should the onus be on the newly arrived prospective citizens to adopt the "when in rome do as the romans do " path to intergration ? .

Powell was a bigot, who wanted repatriation not integration..

.. Powell recognised a flaw and warned about the affects of rising community tensions.. the proviso  being for me that policies and measures should have been sought and implemented to prevent such problems from arising..

Woof "  I could infer from the above that you feel Powell was right to express some alarm about the growing tensions within british society and yet you feel that the policies and measures he advocated were bigoted and extreme ? " What policy would you have recommended ?

..segregation occurred partly through where people chose to settle.. 'with their own'.. and partly due to local authority housing policies which placed whites in predominantly white areas and blacks and asians with their communities

Woof "Hold on , local authorities didn't place me or my family (going back several generations ) anywhere . We'd always been here (as far as we were concerned ) and many immigrant families were spread around the the country ,but of their own volition chose to gravitate towards a hub that represented their own community.

.. estates became segregated along ethnic lines.. the Community Cohesion agenda recognises the failure of such policies as having contributed to the growth in tensions between communities for whom social and economic pressures on both sides were the same..

..My take on integration  :eyebrow I agree with what you have stated in your second para.. re: when in rome etc etc . well almost..

I quote from something I posted elsewhere, when I say :

culture is not static.. it evolves as nations and populations change.. just as people from britain live in other countries.. like-wise others come here and there and everywhere.. adding to the history and traditons of a nation...

Woof " I agree with this completely .but don't be surprised if the "Citizens of Rome" don't take this percieved undermining of their own culture lying down " 

.. however, integration is not about loosing your values and beliefs rather about embracing and adapting to where you live.. yes learning the lingo, part taking in or respecting traditons etc .. and taking the best of both.. from a culture of heritage to one adopted through migration etc etc ..

...most of all our nations are developed enuff and multi-cultural enuff to know that tarnishing whole communities with one brush.. is rather immature and unnecessary..

Woof "Hmmmm ,guess i have to agree with that ,but the words  immature and unnecessary remind me that one of the worlds most respected faiths wouldn't let me into  Mecca .

i've intergrated my response into your post .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:14 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:remind me 'cause i'm knockin on a bit ,how do you spell "Per Se "

Remind me again how you spell integrate !!!!!   

Is it integrate or as you say 'intergrate'.......please tell me, you are confusing me, if an old man spells it like that, it MUST be correct!!!!

Jeez are you still here ? surely even you can tell the difference between an error and an idiot ?
eg woof .....types integrate ,missing an R = typo error
Liveranytime ..types Per Say not Per Se = idiot trying to sound clever but doesn't really have a clue .. 

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum