Saint

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:40 pm

GYBS wrote:im sorry but have i wronged you or something today ? any reason for the attack on me on the boards ?

It's not pearl harbour GYBS, as a  RAF forward observer (with a lot of time on your hands) thought you would have twigged that by now 
???

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:41 pm

If i went on a little jaunt do you think anyone would notice ,  :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:42 pm

NANNY RED wrote:If i went on a little jaunt do you think anyone would notice ,  :laugh:

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

Only if the street lighting was really bright Nan

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Sabre » Thu Apr 16, 2009 8:51 pm

Scottbot wrote:
Dundalk wrote:The forum has gone downhill a lot since Christmas, im not as bothered as I used to be and I can understand why a lot have decided to pack it in

It's the poorest it's ever been at the moment. I think i preferred when we were struggling and there were loads of arguments. There isn't ANY debate on here now, despite the fact we've been playing really well. I can understand why the so-called 'anti-rafa' guys don't come on here now, they'd get a skinful of 'we told ya so' from all and sundry. It seems to me we've just got a load of posters who agree with eachother on the forum now. Doesn't really make for stimulating footie talk does it? I think the thread after the first Chelsea game sum it up for me, a few guys came out and said a few critical things about Rafa and got slaughtered for it. Three months ago this place had a lot of posters who were (in my opinion) overly critical of the manager and it was cropping up in every thread. That wasn't great but now it's the opposite. It's like some sort of a battle has been won and if anyone dares say anything about the manager they get jumped on. At least that's how I see it.

Anyone know any other dencet Livvy forums? RAWK is shi...t..e in my opinion but I wouldn't mind having a look at some of the other smaller ones until this place improves a bit. No-one has got anything to say anymore.

A while back we agreed on a prediction about how this forum would be depending our results, and it gets confirmed once and again, this forum only knows two extremes, either you can't defend the manager and are labeled as blind and Rafalite, or just the opposite, when the things go well if you make a criticism you get slaughtered.

These extremes are bad for the forum and the two sides of the discussion forgot IMHO that this is not more than a dialectic game. We should have avoided those extremes.

For irrelevant reasons I too started a while back searching for other forums, and I tried the Rattle. I like it a lot, because you can see a lot of match goers there, and stories about the stands and away trips is something I want to read. There there are posters like Smeg, Leon, Igor or Ivor the injun. I've seen Ciggy there too.

But on the footie front, the problem of a forum of match goers is that they are at the match :D so you're pretty alone there on match days. But I like the atmosphere of the forum, because even when the result is dissapointing the criticism is made with more respect that in Newkit doom days, you can notice that they're a forum of match goers. So I'm becoming a regular reader and occasional poster. I'll always be occasional there because the format of the forum asks for it.

Also I also miss the order the mods of newkit put to threads there. A thread can be lost in fourth page in a matter of hours, in that sense I preffer Newkit moderation. The moderation there is better when it comes to bans, because you don't have the politics you have here, the people just accept the mod's decission because they have to, just as any other big forum of the world I've known (Newkit is unique, you indeed have people telling the teachers I'm the teacher).

So that forum, perhaps has more to  offer me than to you, because I have to learn more things about Liverpool supporters than you do. I'm not sure you'd like the footie debate any more there.

I'll read both this and that forum, when the days in which the manager can't be defended come, I'll use it as a shelter of support, and when things are more calmed here, I'll post here too. The point is avoiding petty discussions, which quite honestly have bored me to dead.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:00 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
GYBS wrote:im sorry but have i wronged you or something today ? any reason for the attack on me on the boards ?

It's not pearl harbour GYBS, as a  RAF forward observer (with a lot of time on your hands) thought you would have twigged that by now 
???

Forward observer ? what is one of them ? whats your problem ? its obvious you dont beleive im in the forces by what you have said to me before and not attacking me on the board ?? your doing plenty of it and unprovoked at the moment .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:01 pm

Sabre wrote:A while back we agreed on a prediction about how this forum would be depending our results, and it gets confirmed once and again, this forum only knows two extremes, either you can't defend the manager and are labeled as blind and Rafalite, or just the opposite, when the things go well if you make a criticism you get slaughtered.

These extremes are bad for the forum and the two sides of the discussion forgot IMHO that this is not more than a dialectic game. We should have avoided those extremes.

For irrelevant reasons I too started a while back searching for other forums, and I tried the Rattle. I like it a lot, because you can see a lot of match goers there, and stories about the stands and away trips is something I want to read. There there are posters like Smeg, Leon, Igor or Ivor the injun. I've seen Ciggy there too.

But on the footie front, the problem of a forum of match goers is that they are at the match :D so you're pretty alone there on match days. But I like the atmosphere of the forum, because even when the result is dissapointing the criticism is made with more respect that in Newkit doom days, you can notice that they're a forum of match goers. So I'm becoming a regular reader and occasional poster. I'll always be occasional there because the format of the forum asks for it.

Also I also miss the order the mods of newkit put to threads there. A thread can be lost in fourth page in a matter of hours, in that sense I preffer Newkit moderation. The moderation there is better when it comes to bans, because you don't have the politics you have here, the people just accept the mod's decission because they have to, just as any other big forum of the world I've known (Newkit is unique, you indeed have people telling the teachers I'm the teacher).

So that forum, perhaps has more to  offer me than to you, because I have to learn more things about Liverpool supporters than you do. I'm not sure you'd like the footie debate any more there.

I'll read both this and that forum, when the days in which the manager can't be defended come, I'll use it as a shelter of support, and when things are more calmed here, I'll post here too. The point is avoiding petty discussions, which quite honestly have bored me to dead.

F'ucks sake Sabre ! I've got a feeling there's a compliment in there somewhere, just struggling to find it   :D

You sure you're not from Barcelona ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby aCe' » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:01 pm

Number 9 wrote:
aCe' wrote:anyways... gonna be intersting around here i think as soon as we lose and our league 'run in' comes to an end....

As soon as we loose?

Do you not mean "IF" we loose?

no i mean WHEN we miss out.. whether it be by losing a game or drawing or whatever it is...

we can 'hope', 'pray', 'support' all we want still doesnt change the fact we fcked up our season royally with all the draws and then the chelsea fckup at home..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:03 pm

aCe' wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
aCe' wrote:anyways... gonna be intersting around here i think as soon as we lose and our league 'run in' comes to an end....

As soon as we loose?

Do you not mean "IF" we loose?

no i mean WHEN we miss out.. whether it be by losing a game or drawing or whatever it is...

we can 'hope', 'pray', 'support' all we want still doesnt change the fact we fcked up our season royally with all the draws and then the chelsea fckup at home..

Yeah true points but we are still in with a shout. We should by all rights be several points clear. We are not but we are still there abouts and things could go our way with us only having the league to worry about not.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:08 pm

Sabre wrote:
Scottbot wrote:
Dundalk wrote:The forum has gone downhill a lot since Christmas, im not as bothered as I used to be and I can understand why a lot have decided to pack it in

It's the poorest it's ever been at the moment. I think i preferred when we were struggling and there were loads of arguments. There isn't ANY debate on here now, despite the fact we've been playing really well. I can understand why the so-called 'anti-rafa' guys don't come on here now, they'd get a skinful of 'we told ya so' from all and sundry. It seems to me we've just got a load of posters who agree with eachother on the forum now. Doesn't really make for stimulating footie talk does it? I think the thread after the first Chelsea game sum it up for me, a few guys came out and said a few critical things about Rafa and got slaughtered for it. Three months ago this place had a lot of posters who were (in my opinion) overly critical of the manager and it was cropping up in every thread. That wasn't great but now it's the opposite. It's like some sort of a battle has been won and if anyone dares say anything about the manager they get jumped on. At least that's how I see it.

Anyone know any other dencet Livvy forums? RAWK is shi...t..e in my opinion but I wouldn't mind having a look at some of the other smaller ones until this place improves a bit. No-one has got anything to say anymore.

A while back we agreed on a prediction about how this forum would be depending our results, and it gets confirmed once and again, this forum only knows two extremes, either you can't defend the manager and are labeled as blind and Rafalite, or just the opposite, when the things go well if you make a criticism you get slaughtered.

sounds like a good ol' moan Sabs...
as interesting as it is hearing about ur new friends over at Rattle or wherever it was... i just have to tell you this...

YOU'LL NEVER FIND BETTER THAN THIS FORUM ... we'll pi.ss the tits off of ya but ya know u'll come back for more eventually.. And about the 2 extremes part...i say we balance off... both make valid points and it justt makes it all the more interesting when the two ends collide and decide to have a gool go at each other...

hope to see ya arnd more often ...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:11 pm

F'ucks sake Sabre ! I've got a feeling there's a compliment in there somewhere, just struggling to find it   :D

You sure you're not from Barcelona ?

No, I'm not from Barcelona. What do you mean with that joke, I didn't get  it (honestly) :D

And yes, there's some compliments there, if you're struggling to find it it's because probably you used the diagonal technique, the technique that defends that by reading two words per line of a very long rant, you pretty much are able to know what the post is about :D :D (very useful for my long posts).

What you definitely won't find  is bad words about moderators. I don't do that, even when I disagree what they do.  :p
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:20 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:If i went on a little jaunt do you think anyone would notice ,  :laugh:

:laugh:   :laugh:   :laugh:

Only if the street lighting was really bright Nan

Id better start plannin me jaunt to Blackpool then plenty of illuminations there :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:21 pm

GYBS wrote:whats your problem ? its obvious you dont beleive im in the forces by what you have said to me before and not attacking me on the board ?? your doing plenty of it and unprovoked at the moment .

My problem is that someone who professes to be in our armed forces is able to spend at least several hours a day every f'ucking day  posting sh'ite on on a footy forum , thats my f'ucking problem !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:22 pm

Hanging around under the street lights at your age in Blackpool Nanny ? 

The place is already full of the blue rinse brigade  :D :D
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:24 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
GYBS wrote:whats your problem ? its obvious you dont beleive im in the forces by what you have said to me before and not attacking me on the board ?? your doing plenty of it and unprovoked at the moment .

My problem is that someone who professes to be in our armed forces is able to spend at least several hours a day every f'ucking day  posting sh'ite on on a footy forum , thats my f'ucking problem !

Do you want me to map out my career for you to prove im in the forces ? i sit at a desk looking after a computer system that enables me to go on the internet , whats the problem with that ?

I ask where a couple of posters are and you have a go at me for no reason ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:28 pm

sounds like a good ol' moan Sabs...
as interesting as it is hearing about ur new friends over at Rattle or wherever it was... i just have to tell you this...

YOU'LL NEVER FIND BETTER THAN THIS FORUM ...

LOL :D

You don't know me at all mate :D I don't put much feelings on forums since a long ago. It wasn't a moan. It's stupid to moan at Newkit, the best you can get by moaning is to become a legend like Tjames, everybody knows that. :D
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum