Sabre is a mod

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Scottbot » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:42 am

JBG wrote:I don't think Sabre's affiliation with Socidead disqualifies or diminishes his role in any way: moderating here is purely an administrative job and trying to keep a bunch of whinge bags happy, not about Liverpool FC.

I'll second that. good choice for a mod but i think you're bloody mad Sabes!!! I wouldn't touch it with a barge-pole.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:47 am

JBG wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
JBG wrote:I dunno, I don't think Sabre's affiliation with Socidead disqualifies or diminishes his role in any way: moderating here is purely an administrative job and trying to keep a bunch of whinge bags happy, not about Liverpool FC.

Hey JBG , I asked what i thought was a perfectly civil question

Quote Woof
How about you get rid of that blue and white flag in your sig ?

You are after all now a Mod on a LIVERPOOL forum

The response

Quote Sabre
So fúcking what :D

Now call me a whinge bag BUT I don't like being spoken to as though I'm a piece of sh'it , face to face and I smack the c'unt .

Secondly , if as you say "moderating here is purely an administrative job and trying to keep a bunch of whinge bags happy,  not about Liverpool FC.

Then I'm obviously in the wrong forum .

I'll get me coat   :kungfu:

Off you go then.

No need for that JBG, Woof was already wound up about something, no need to finish the job.

Personally I couldnt care less about Sabre's sig, and until we have RTK on here I don't think its necessary to change it.

Every one should just calm down before we start losing valuable members (and Woof is a valued member)over a bit of nothing.
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:51 am

I'll second that. good choice for a mod but i think you're bloody mad Sabes!!! I wouldn't touch it with a barge-pole.

It's about helping the current mods.

I know what moderation is about. I didn't want it, it's not a privilege, it's more work, and it makes you read a lot of posts that otherwise you'd ignore. If you're away 2 days you're told that you don't care about your task, if you stay connected they'll tell you to go to the pub sometimes. If you favour someone, somebody else will be angry. You get a lot of messages of complaining and expecting you to do something, and you don't get paid for it.

In the internet a different opinion is taken as a personal insult, so you can imagine how many PM of complaining a mod must read at the end of the day. On the positive side of being a mod... let me think... yes, I know, I'll put that in my Curriculum Vitae to show that my english is good enough for that.

I'm curious why some people, not only here but everywhere see being a mod as something nice.
Last edited by Sabre on Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:54 am

why is woof getting a bit of stick here, i just read it all and he does not say that sabre shouldnt be mod, its other people assuming thats his agenda.

all he asks is that sabre removes the blue and white flag from his sig to which sabre appears to have agreed. then as with always on here other people jump in and escalate it.

chill out guys
112-1077774096

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:59 am

peewee wrote:why is woof getting a bit of stick here, i just read it all and he does not say that sabre shouldnt be mod, its other people assuming thats his agenda.

all he asks is that sabre removes the blue and white flag from his sig to which sabre appears to have agreed. then as with always on here other people jump in and escalate it.

chill out guys

How do you know that we think that Woof meant that just because you thought that we think what you dont think because we think not like you because you think different because we all think the same?Or because we think that you think differently because you are a mod now!

Eh Eh Eh??

:D  :laugh:
66-1120597113

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:01 am

Sabre wrote:How do you deal with hangovers, btw? they're getting worse with age... any tricks or drinks?

Drink real ale.  Loads of boozers in Liverpool sell them and sometimes brew them on premises if you're lucky.  No chemicals you see.  You'll still feel pretty fucked, but no headache.

I usually get up at 07:30am to get to work, but I set my alarm for 06:30am.  If I've been on the piss, a pint of water with TWO (not the recommended one...) Alka Seltzers at 06:30am allows me an extra hours snooze headache free and I feel boss in work then.  Don't know if it's just psychological for me, but I find it always works.
jonnymac1979

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:02 am

Its nothing really to do with the Sociedad badge is it being honest Woof?

because of this quote of yours bazza, and dont even get me started on AB

:D
112-1077774096

Postby Sabre » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:03 am

On a side note I always found the sigs of this forum far too big in size, I couldn't care less about my sig :D

I agree Peewee that there's not reason to scalate this, I don't care my sig, and if my sig was the problem, fúck the sig. I dare to fight anyone, for for a good reason, not a JPG file. Now please, let's move on.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:04 am

Sabre wrote:How do you deal with hangovers, btw? they're getting worse with age... any tricks or drinks?

easy - stay drunk
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:11 am

Woollyback wrote:

easy - stay drunk

Oh yeah!!! :D  :buttrock
66-1120597113

Postby 109-1170291157 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:12 am

Congratulations and Zorionak!!! :)
109-1170291157

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:40 am

Sabre wrote:On a side note I always found the sigs of this forum far too big in size!

Yeah, regretfully, I realised that ages ago as well.  I built most of the bastards.  Should have made them smaller.

When I log in when I'm in work, I disable the sigs in my Control Panel, when I'm at home, I allow graphics to be shown.  Works for me.
jonnymac1979

Postby JBG » Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:48 pm

I have no beef with Woof, he seemed to take exception to my post about Sabre (whom I think is a gent and will be an exceptional moderator).

I don't apologise for my "off you go then" comment, however. Woof has threatened numerous times over the years to leave, he never has, he won't this time either. Its pointless for woof to make such idle threats as they are childish and baseless IMHO, in the same way as Zarababe's, Ciggy's and others throwing hissy fits and asking for their accounts to be deleted and publicly stating that they are leaving the forum. If they want to do that, then have the balls to do so, if you are unhappy, take a quiet break for a few weeks and come back refreshed.

As I said, I have no beef with Woof (or for that matter Ciggy) but their behaviour is a bit like a 5 year old child storming off from a birthday party in the hope that everybody else will come chasing after them and try to persuade them to come back.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:11 pm

i must have missed something here, all woof did was ask a question and got told to f uck off, thats when the problems started, fuelled by other posters who attacked so he had to defend himself.

and to be fair he didnt storm off or ask for his account to be deleted, he will be back
112-1077774096

Postby JBG » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:12 pm

peewee wrote:i must have missed something here, all woof did was ask a question and got told to f uck off,

Eh? Who told him to f.uck off?
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum