or pay for it

And Laza, bring it!  :wwww
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon May 31, 2010 10:20 pm

This really grates on me....

31 May 2010 16:39 UK

At least nine people have been killed after Israeli commandos stormed a convoy of ships carrying aid to the Gaza Strip, the Israeli army says.

Armed forces boarded the largest vessel overnight, clashing with some of the 500 people on board.

It happened about 40 miles (64 km) out to sea, in international waters.

Israel says its soldiers were shot at and attacked with weapons; the activists say Israeli troops came on board shooting.

The activists were attempting to defy a blockade imposed by Israel after the Islamist movement Hamas took power in Gaza in 2007.

There has been widespread condemnation of the violence, with several countries summoning the Israeli ambassadors serving there.

UN chief Ban Ki-moon said he was "shocked by reports of killings and injuries" and called for a "full investigation" into what happened.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who is in Canada, has cancelled a scheduled visit to Washington on Tuesday to return to Israel, officials said.

Earlier, he expressed his "full backing" for the military involved in the raid, his office said.

The White House said the US "deeply regrets the loss of life and injuries sustained" in the storming of the aid ship.

A spokesman said US officials were "currently working to understand the circumstances surrounding this tragedy".

'Guns and knives'

The six-ship flotilla, carrying 10,000 tonnes of aid, left the coast of Cyprus on Sunday and had been due to arrive in Gaza on Monday. Israel had repeatedly said the boats would not be allowed to reach Gaza.

Israel says its soldiers boarded the lead ship in the early hours but were attacked with axes, knives, bars and at least two guns.

"Unfortunately this group were dead-set on confrontation," Israeli government spokesman Mark Regev told the BBC.

"Live fire was used against our forces. They initiated the violence, that's 100% clear," he said.

Organisers of the flotilla said at least 30 people were wounded in the incident. Israel says 10 of its soldiers were injured, one seriously.

Deputy Speaker of Israeli parliament Danny Danon: "It was not a peaceful mission"
A leader of Israel's Islamic Movement, Raed Salah, who was on board, was among those hurt.

Contact with activists on the ships was lost after the raids and no first-hand accounts from them have yet emerged.

Arafat Shoukri, of the Free Gaza Movement (FGM) which organised the convoy, said those on board one ship had told them by telephone that Israeli helicopters had arrived.

"Then we started to hear screams, shouting, shooting everywhere," he said. "We heard some of them shouting 'we are raising the white flag, stop shooting at us'."

He said Israeli claims that activists had pistols and other weapons were "cheap propaganda".

Audrey Bomse, also of the FGM, told the BBC that the activists were "not going to pose any violent resistance".

By midday Israel had towed three of the six boats to the port of Ashdod and says it will deport the passengers from there.

Condemnation

Turkish TV pictures taken on board the Turkish ship leading the flotilla appeared to show Israeli soldiers fighting to control passengers.

The footage showed a number of people, apparently injured, lying on the ground. A woman was seen holding a blood-stained stretcher.

Al-Jazeera TV reported from the same ship that Israeli navy forces had opened fire and boarded the vessel, wounding the captain.

The Al-Jazeera broadcast ended with a voice shouting in Hebrew, saying: "Everybody shut up!"

Israel's deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon said his country "regrets any loss of life and did everything to avoid this outcome".

He accused the convoy of a "premeditated and outrageous provocation", describing the flotilla as an "armada of hate".

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas condemned Israel's actions, saying it had committed a massacre, while Hamas said Israel had committed a "great crime and a huge violation of international law".

Turkey, whose nationals comprised the majority of those on board, accused Israel of "targeting innocent civilians".

Turkey was Israel's closest Muslim ally but relations have deteriorated over the past few years.

In Turkey, thousands of protesters demonstrated against Israel in Istanbul, while several countries have summoned Israeli ambassadors to seek an explanation as to what happened.

Greece has withdrawn from joint military exercises with Israel in protest at the raid on the flotilla.

Israel had repeatedly said it would stop the boats, calling the campaign a "provocation intended to delegitimise Israel".

Israel says it allows about 15,000 tonnes of humanitarian aid into Gaza every week.

But the UN says this is less than a quarter of what is needed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/10195838.stm

---------------------------------

A couple of questions in particular bug me:

1) Why on a supposedly peaceful interception, in international waters, did Israeli commandos choose to board by abseiling from helicopters and in the dark?

2) How could this supposedly peaceful interception have led to so many deaths?

???
LFC2007

Postby lakes10 » Mon May 31, 2010 11:22 pm

1. Friends that get a bit of money over night and then think they are better than you and turn into snobs

2. power hungry policemen, most of them are the low end coppers.

3. young Brits flowing american culture/ then act like them

4.  Danny Dyer............Drink in my local a lot.....now they all try to act like him, fakes trying to fake a fake?

5.Conservatives....more to the point true Conservatives,
(1) the Hon. Edward Sebastian Grigg, the heir to Baron Altrincham of Tormarton and current chairman of Credit Suisse (UK)

(2) David Cameron

(3) Ralph Perry Robinson, a former child actor, designer, furniture-maker

(4) Ewen Fergusson, son of the British ambassador to France, Sir Ewen Fergusson and now at City law firm Herbert Smith

(5) Matthew Benson, the heir to the Earldom of Wemyss and March

(6) Sebastian James, the son of Lord Northbourne, a major landowner in Kent

(7) Jonathan Ford, the-then president of the club, a banker with Morgan Grenfell

(8) Boris Johnson, the-then president of the Oxford Union, now Lord Mayor of London

9) Harry Eastwood, the investment fund consultant
Last edited by lakes10 on Mon May 31, 2010 11:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:51 am

lakes10 wrote:1. Friends that get a bit of money over night and then think they are better than you and turn into snobs

That can be applied to former smokers who have given it up.

My brother being one.

As Bill Hicks said, "self righteous pr!cks".

They do my head right in. Have you ever been invited around to there house since they have stopped smoking?
"if you have to, take that cancer stick outside"

People who have never smoked are more tolerant than the "been their, done that" w@nkers. I know none smokers who keep ashtrays for the guests who do smoke.

But no, former smokers, they are a class above ! t!ts.  :angry:
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:46 am

hangovers,  feel like sh!t hangovers in the bin
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:47 am

Tricky Dicky wrote:That sounds bitter.

Who's your nation, Everton?

:)

you are an evertonain so you belong in the bin.  :nod
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Tricky Dicky » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:11 am

Ciggy wrote:

You are an emotional train-wreck who belongs in the bin.  :nod

Last edited by Tricky Dicky on Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tricky Dicky

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:39 pm

LFC2007 wrote:This really grates on me....

31 May 2010 16:39 UK

At least nine people have been killed after Israeli commandos stormed a convoy of ships carrying aid to the Gaza Strip, the Israeli army says.

Armed forces boarded the largest vessel overnight, clashing with some of the 500 people on board.

It happened about 40 miles (64 km) out to sea, in international waters.

Israel says its soldiers were shot at and attacked with weapons; the activists say Israeli troops came on board shooting.

The activists were attempting to defy a blockade imposed by Israel after the Islamist movement Hamas took power in Gaza in 2007.

There has been widespread condemnation of the violence, with several countries summoning the Israeli ambassadors serving there.

UN chief Ban Ki-moon said he was "shocked by reports of killings and injuries" and called for a "full investigation" into what happened.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who is in Canada, has cancelled a scheduled visit to Washington on Tuesday to return to Israel, officials said.

Earlier, he expressed his "full backing" for the military involved in the raid, his office said.

The White House said the US "deeply regrets the loss of life and injuries sustained" in the storming of the aid ship.

A spokesman said US officials were "currently working to understand the circumstances surrounding this tragedy".

'Guns and knives'

The six-ship flotilla, carrying 10,000 tonnes of aid, left the coast of Cyprus on Sunday and had been due to arrive in Gaza on Monday. Israel had repeatedly said the boats would not be allowed to reach Gaza.

Israel says its soldiers boarded the lead ship in the early hours but were attacked with axes, knives, bars and at least two guns.

"Unfortunately this group were dead-set on confrontation," Israeli government spokesman Mark Regev told the BBC.

"Live fire was used against our forces. They initiated the violence, that's 100% clear," he said.

Organisers of the flotilla said at least 30 people were wounded in the incident. Israel says 10 of its soldiers were injured, one seriously.

Deputy Speaker of Israeli parliament Danny Danon: "It was not a peaceful mission"
A leader of Israel's Islamic Movement, Raed Salah, who was on board, was among those hurt.

Contact with activists on the ships was lost after the raids and no first-hand accounts from them have yet emerged.

Arafat Shoukri, of the Free Gaza Movement (FGM) which organised the convoy, said those on board one ship had told them by telephone that Israeli helicopters had arrived.

"Then we started to hear screams, shouting, shooting everywhere," he said. "We heard some of them shouting 'we are raising the white flag, stop shooting at us'."

He said Israeli claims that activists had pistols and other weapons were "cheap propaganda".

Audrey Bomse, also of the FGM, told the BBC that the activists were "not going to pose any violent resistance".

By midday Israel had towed three of the six boats to the port of Ashdod and says it will deport the passengers from there.

Condemnation

Turkish TV pictures taken on board the Turkish ship leading the flotilla appeared to show Israeli soldiers fighting to control passengers.

The footage showed a number of people, apparently injured, lying on the ground. A woman was seen holding a blood-stained stretcher.

Al-Jazeera TV reported from the same ship that Israeli navy forces had opened fire and boarded the vessel, wounding the captain.

The Al-Jazeera broadcast ended with a voice shouting in Hebrew, saying: "Everybody shut up!"

Israel's deputy Foreign Minister Danny Ayalon said his country "regrets any loss of life and did everything to avoid this outcome".

He accused the convoy of a "premeditated and outrageous provocation", describing the flotilla as an "armada of hate".

Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas condemned Israel's actions, saying it had committed a massacre, while Hamas said Israel had committed a "great crime and a huge violation of international law".

Turkey, whose nationals comprised the majority of those on board, accused Israel of "targeting innocent civilians".

Turkey was Israel's closest Muslim ally but relations have deteriorated over the past few years.

In Turkey, thousands of protesters demonstrated against Israel in Istanbul, while several countries have summoned Israeli ambassadors to seek an explanation as to what happened.

Greece has withdrawn from joint military exercises with Israel in protest at the raid on the flotilla.

Israel had repeatedly said it would stop the boats, calling the campaign a "provocation intended to delegitimise Israel".

Israel says it allows about 15,000 tonnes of humanitarian aid into Gaza every week.

But the UN says this is less than a quarter of what is needed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/10195838.stm

---------------------------------

A couple of questions in particular bug me:

1) Why on a supposedly peaceful interception, in international waters, did Israeli commandos choose to board by abseiling from helicopters and in the dark?

2) How could this supposedly peaceful interception have led to so many deaths?

???

This is an International incident  that will have serious implications right across the world
Turkey now screaming for retribution  :(
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:46 pm

They shouldn't have messed with the Zohan
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:04 pm

dawson99 wrote:They shouldn't have messed with the Zohan

Guns Knives and hairdressing scissors were the weapons used
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:57 pm

Tricky Dicky wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

Do I know you?

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:09 pm

I forgot to include people who say "have a chocolate digestive they're exactly the same as McVities , honest go on have one "
Well NO! there is no digestive even on a par with McVities ....even Cadbury's  evil attempt to usurp this classic biscuit has failed miserably ..... NOW FU*K OFF WITH YOUR ATTEMPTS TO MAKE ME ACCEPT SECOND BEST AND TAKE THOSE OVERBAKED CHARLATANS WITH YOU ........
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:14 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Tricky Dicky wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

Do I know you?

Ciggs, I think since some peope got banend and left we have an ar$ehole shortage, luckily we've rented some to fill the gaps
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:16 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:I forgot to include people who say "have a chocolate digestive they're exactly the same as McVities , honest go on have one "
Well NO! there is no digestive even on a par with McVities ....even Cadbury's  evil attempt to usurp this classic biscuit has failed miserably ..... NOW FU*K OFF WITH YOUR ATTEMPTS TO MAKE ME ACCEPT SECOND BEST AND TAKE THOSE OVERBAKED CHARLATANS WITH YOU ........

You're such a biscuit connoisseur.. you know what I hate, when I go to a coffee shop, and ask for a coffee, and they have no idea

"you wan't latte, vanilla, foam, espresso, nutmeg, blah blah blah"

I want a coffee!!!
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:19 pm

dawson99 wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:I forgot to include people who say "have a chocolate digestive they're exactly the same as McVities , honest go on have one "

You're such a biscuit connoisseur.. you know what I hate, when I go to a coffee shop, and ask for a coffee, and they have no idea

"you wan't latte, vanilla, foam, espresso, nutmeg, blah blah blah"

I want a coffee!!!

Again we  agree!!!!   :laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum