Remove both of leons Pointless threads then - AKA throw your rattle out of the pram

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:28 am

s@int wrote:One more suggestion I would like to make. How about a 24hour warning card, rather than just issuing an unlimited time card. If the recipient does nothing wrong within 24 hours the card gets deleted. Often cards are given and received in haste if not anger and I am sure both sides often regret their actions once tempers have cooled.

You could still keep the regular card for more serious offences, but for minor flair ups etc a sin bin type card might just calm things down without causing the undue resentment that a yellow card sometimes does.

If only.  Unfortunately we can't take cards back without the intervention of a higher power.  A temporary card would be useful, though.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:34 am

Bad Bob wrote:
s@int wrote:One more suggestion I would like to make. How about a 24hour warning card, rather than just issuing an unlimited time card. If the recipient does nothing wrong within 24 hours the card gets deleted. Often cards are given and received in haste if not anger and I am sure both sides often regret their actions once tempers have cooled.

You could still keep the regular card for more serious offences, but for minor flair ups etc a sin bin type card might just calm things down without causing the undue resentment that a yellow card sometimes does.

If only.  Unfortunately we can't take cards back without the intervention of a higher power.  A temporary card would be useful, though.

I didn't know that Bob, I thought you mods were all powerful as well as all knowing  :D

Still maybe something for the future anyway.
account deleted by request

Postby red37 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:19 am

We've had this discussion about a 'brief' period suspension card already. Personally i advocated it to be a reasonable suggestion worth looking into. As yet.....the current system is the way it is.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:25 am

I've suggested a couple of times that you should get a time on your red card, like a two week ban for instance for being out of order. That way, the bans could increase from say 24 hours for a first offence, to a full season for repeat offenders. That way, you would avoid the spectre of Stu's reappearances under a different guise every couple of weeks. I think if I'd been able to give him say, a two month ban then the forum as a whole would have been better served than it was with the total ban I did give, followed by my  half-ersed attempt to reverse my decision.

The best bit about the whole idea is that we could have a sticky page which gave details of all the remaining sentences and "due to be allowed back in" dates. Not only would it serve the purpose of being a much better deterent than the current card system, it would be a bit of a laugh as well. When I think back to one or two of the spats which went on when I was modding, the idea that you could give somebody a two day ban for being abusive would have sorted the whole thing in no time. Seems like a really good idea to me.
Last edited by bigmick on Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby babu » Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:22 am

FREEDOM!!!

babu
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:48 am

BM when did you step down from your modship and why mate?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:59 am

In the case of merging the earlier thread i can see the logic, it was clear that it would have just turned into the same discussion as the main G&H/Rafa thread, and already had, and it seems that is the criteria used to lock it. Therefore asking for Leons threads to be locked doesn't make sense along the same lines, say you want them locked for not being funny fair enough, or pointless, but thats not why BMs was moved IMO.

Doesnt b\make sense WTF, its got nothing to do with them being similar, if the Mods or one in particul;ar takes his fecking job so seriously he has to do his job properly and remove the c.rap that Leon posted. But he's picking and choosing who's threads he's moving, notice Bob replied in this thread but nothing about Leons post.
66-1112520797

Postby Leonmc0708 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:13 am

Bamaga man wrote:
In the case of merging the earlier thread i can see the logic, it was clear that it would have just turned into the same discussion as the main G&H/Rafa thread, and already had, and it seems that is the criteria used to lock it. Therefore asking for Leons threads to be locked doesn't make sense along the same lines, say you want them locked for not being funny fair enough, or pointless, but thats not why BMs was moved IMO.

Doesnt b\make sense WTF, its got nothing to do with them being similar, if the Mods or one in particul;ar takes his fecking job so seriously he has to do his job properly and remove the c.rap that Leon posted. But he's picking and choosing who's threads he's moving, notice Bob replied in this thread but nothing about Leons post.

Do you want humour removed completely from the forum then ?
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:26 am

Leonmc0708 wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

Do you want humour removed completely from the forum then ?

What only if you can post it ?

YES, clatternburg.
66-1112520797

Postby bigmick » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:39 am

Ciggy wrote:BM when did you step down from your modship and why mate?

I actually asked to be "de-instated" (if there is such a word, and if there isn't there fecking well should be in my book  :) ) around the time that the new lads came on board. It took a little while to come to pass, but I've got to say I'm quite happy now to be back in amongst the ranks.

I did it for six months or so and during my time there were a couple of bigstyle major rows which took up quite a lot of my time and energy. If you've been around the forum as long as I have you can't help but build up a relationship with some people (infact it's one of the best bits of coming on, nobody really, properly, gives a feck about what any of this think about football lets be honest) and I felt moderating people (like yourself Lynds TBH) who I kind of consider to be forum mates very difficult. I fecked it up a few times, I gave you a card when I probably shouldn't, banned stu when I probably shouldn't and fannied around totally innefectually when Peewee and Sabre were at each others throats.

It's a really difficult job to do and make no mistake about it. I know Leon gets a few peoples backs up with his style, but in some ways he's got it right. He doesn't try and be anyones mate, he just gets on with it and doesn't give a feck if he hacks people off. I haven't agreed myself with everything he's done, and some of the other mods have occasionally not done it the way I'd do it but I respect the fact that all of them collectively are trying their best and usually have got it about right.

I tell you this there hasn't been a moment when I wished I was still doing the job. As it is, I can stay out of things if I want, I can have my own little spats here and there, and best of all I can spend my time talking about rotation all the time instead of sorting fights out. I'd better be careful or people who I've absolutely bored sh!tless since I packed it in will be campaigning for me to be reinstated just to shut me up   :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:42 am

it's

the

internet

nobody

died

can i have a card please i'm feeling left out?
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:47 am

:laugh:  only you could bring rotation into a "fight thread " Mick :D  Maybe you shouldn't have issued cards mate, just threatened to pm them your thoughts on rotation if they didn't behave :D

BTW I thought you did a cracking job as a mod, so please accept my belated thanks. :)
account deleted by request

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:49 am

Woollyback wrote:it's

the

internet

nobody

died

can i have a card please i'm feeling left out?

Start

a

thread

about

hicks

and gillet

then

you'd

be

able

to

join

the

club.
66-1112520797

Postby Woollyback » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:18 am

i was thinking it would be more fun for everyone if i just posted loads of pics of womens t*ts
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:27 am

Woollyback wrote:i was thinking it would be more fun for everyone if i just posted loads of pics of womens t*ts

Do that then, but dont talk about just do it.
66-1112520797

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum