Remove both of leons Pointless threads then - AKA throw your rattle out of the pram

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:21 pm

s@int wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
s@int wrote:
Leonmc0708 wrote:
s@int wrote:I agree with Bamaga, not about this particular matter as I think Bob was just trying to keep the place tidy, but about the misuse of power by some of the Mods lately.

Amending peoples posts and thread titles should ONLY BE DONE AS A LAST RESORT not just to prove they are a "super duper Liverpool supporter" and much more important than the rest of us.

Locking threads seems to be becoming the "first strike" of choice rather than action of last resort.(except of course when it was started by a mod)

If anyone else had made those threads about Rafa leaving they would have been locked before you could fkn blink...... Fact.

Get a grip mods !

In particular when ?

I was thinking mainly of the "Kiss Wengers a$$" thread , and my posting of the Bascombe article in particular Leon (as obviously they affected me personally) but there have been quite a few other instances recently.

ps I just noticed Bamaga has got a card, what for?

The kiss Wengers :censored: thread was a joke lad, if you cant see that then apologies, no offence is intended.

I deleted links to the NOTW website, which I will do no matter what, its a no brainer. IF you have a serious problem with me I suggest that you speak to LFC, however I would have prefered a PM at the time of both to raise any issues that may have had at the time.

The post above was not aimed at you by the way, but was more in response to your comments.

On both examples I highlighted, I did pm you Leon. I have no problems with you mate except the one I raised and certainly I don't want to cause further problems by blowing things up out of all proportion. Treat it as a suggestion or a moan rather than a complaint.

It wasn't the deleted links I was moaning about, it was changing the heading on Bascombe's article that I was highlighting. While your change of heading may well have been accurate, it would have been just as effective in your own post rather than altering mine.

Noted.

Apologies.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:31 pm

Now that the discussion is over can we get back to the insults again :D
account deleted by request

Postby metalhead » Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:45 pm

s@int wrote:Now that the discussion is over can we get back to the insults again :D

you suck in oblivion
:p

There.... are you happy now s@int? :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:00 pm

metalhead wrote:
s@int wrote:Now that the discussion is over can we get back to the insults again :D

you suck in oblivion
:p

There.... are you happy now s@int? :D

Im the greatest Oblivion player there is mate. (At least I don't sneak about as some wimpy elf  :D  )

Postby redtrader74 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:19 pm

In the case of merging the earlier thread i can see the logic, it was clear that it would have just turned into the same discussion as the main G&H/Rafa thread, and already had, and it seems that is the criteria used to lock it. Therefore asking for Leons threads to be locked doesn't make sense along the same lines, say you want them locked for not being funny fair enough, or pointless, but thats not why BMs was moved IMO. 

Saying that i agree with Saint, there is a little overmodding, too many comments erased, amended etc.threads locked early. I've said it before lets see what people are really like, if i've not been online when a spat occurred, i have no idea who is at fault, and therefore what they are like, tell them to cut it out, suspend temporarily, or lock temporarily, but leave the posts.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby zarababe » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:08 pm

Sabre wrote:
Ciggy wrote:What about my SNOOGY DOGGY :D

topic that got moved and rightly so, but Leons RAFA'S GONE FOR A LOAF topic stays along with Lakes's Sky news report.

Alls fair in love and war, whats good for the goose is good for the gander.  :nod

What about your snoogy Boogy?

It was a great thread and I wanted you and Zarababe went on and on  :D

Yeh bascically Ciggs and I felt depressed, distressed, curse yanks feelings and sh*t sh*t sh*t.. and we still fell that way  :D

still have me laffs with the ol gang.. shame wools weren't around.. where is that ol bean ???
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:15 pm

I took the thread about me for the joke it was, i was shocked that it lasted one day lol......( i hope it was a joke lol)
Last edited by lakes10 on Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:15 pm

zarababe wrote:
Sabre wrote:
Ciggy wrote:What about my SNOOGY DOGGY :D

topic that got moved and rightly so, but Leons RAFA'S GONE FOR A LOAF topic stays along with Lakes's Sky news report.

Alls fair in love and war, whats good for the goose is good for the gander.  :nod

What about your snoogy Boogy?

It was a great thread and I wanted you and Zarababe went on and on  :D

Yeh bascically Ciggs and I felt depressed, distressed, curse yanks feelings and sh*t sh*t sh*t.. and we still fell that way  :D

still have me laffs with the ol gang.. shame wools weren't around.. where is that ol bean ???

And you invented a new classic:

Rorfar  :D
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:22 pm

:D :laugh: lol you wanna plank them for that alone - gawd I could get so violent :D
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:39 am

I think the new Mods are doing a great job. I don't agree with the way they do the job all time, but then I don't agree with their opinions on football all the time either so it's hardly surprising. In the main though, I've no complaints and i would be surprised if anybody else has serious ones either.

The Mods job is broadly to stop d!ckheads and spammers invading the site, while telling people to "calm down" when they get out of order. That's it really and I reckon the lads are making a really good stab at it. FWIW I think the forum is the healthiest it has been for ages.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:51 am

bigmick wrote:I think the new Mods are doing a great job. I don't agree with the way they do the job all time, but then I don't agree with their opinions on football all the time either so it's hardly surprising. In the main though, I've no complaints and i would be surprised if anybody else has serious ones either.

The Mods job is broadly to stop d!ckheads and spammers invading the site, while telling people to "calm down" when they get out of order. That's it really and I reckon the lads are making a really good stab at it. FWIW I think the forum is the healthiest it has been for ages.

Like they did Rafafan1 earlier?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:04 am

Kharhaz wrote:
bigmick wrote:I think the new Mods are doing a great job. I don't agree with the way they do the job all time, but then I don't agree with their opinions on football all the time either so it's hardly surprising. In the main though, I've no complaints and i would be surprised if anybody else has serious ones either.

"calm down"
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Kharhaz » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:13 am

Bad Bob wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

"calm down"

Hahahahaa Apart from the prat tonight, and early "lets lock everything" the mods have been consistent. Bob himself moved a new thread I was going to open to an open topic and has himself been consistent in the respect of if its related to a topic keep it there. The one thing I would ask could we have at least one person present to sort out prats like tonight. I did a corker of a response to manhatten but it got ruined by the manc !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:17 am

One more suggestion I would like to make. How about a 24hour warning card, rather than just issuing an unlimited time card. If the recipient does nothing wrong within 24 hours the card gets deleted. Often cards are given and received in haste if not anger and I am sure both sides often regret their actions once tempers have cooled.

You could still keep the regular card for more serious offences, but for minor flair ups etc a sin bin type card might just calm things down without causing the undue resentment that a yellow card sometimes does.

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:25 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:

"calm down"

Hahahahaa Apart from the prat tonight, and early "lets lock everything" the mods have been consistent. Bob himself moved a new thread I was going to open to an open topic and has himself been consistent in the respect of if its related to a topic keep it there. The one thing I would ask could we have at least one person present to sort out prats like tonight. I did a corker of a response to manhatten but it got ruined by the manc !

There's usually one of us on most of the time.  Sometimes there's not and a WUM gets to run amok for a bit.  They get what's coming to them eventually so just be patient.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum