yeah it does, but we still have to put up with your shit though  :laugh:

:laugh:

not funny Judge.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Bam » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:21 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:
Bam wrote:I havent many photo's of the town yet, its its right on the Gulf of Carpenteria. I'll post them up soon.

My misses is a school teacher, and while we were down on the Gold Coast we thought something was missing. After our previous experiance in Bamaga, we'd kind of caught the "Cape York bug" and decided to head back up here for a few years. "Go out Bush" and all that, its great helping thes little Aboriginal kids, its so rewarding and even more so when the locals take to you. I've got a job up at the school as a teachers aid, it beats unblocking p.oo for a living.  :D

Good on you mate ,looks like you'll have a fullfilling time there . Seriously gay haircut though lash. :D

Whats the local fashionable do up in Liverpool lash ?

It maybe be gay to you star, but its the dogs, Don Dappers down here lar.  :D

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Bam » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:24 pm

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Bam » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:27 pm

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Bam » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:32 pm

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:59 pm

With any luck mate you may learn how to spell and use a scientific calculator while you are in school  :D

Sounds like a great adventure mate, especially with three blonds to keep you warm at night.
account deleted by request

Postby Judge » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:10 pm

Bam wrote:
Judge wrote:
Bam wrote:it beats unblocking p.oo for a living.  :D

yeah it does, but we still have to put up with your shit though  :laugh:

not funny Judge.

right, ban bam  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:15 pm

Cool place, Bam....

Near Arnhemland?

btw.... blond no.2 (centre)?
ConnO'var

Postby Bam » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:17 pm

s@int wrote:With any luck mate you may learn how to spell and use a scientific calculator while you are in school  :D

Sounds like a great adventure mate, especially with three blonds to keep you warm at night.

Luckily enough for me S@int I wont have to get my head around all those 'Pie' and 'percentage' buttons, on the Scientific calculator.

I'm teaching 1,2,3 and A,B,C stuff, which is way more up my street and just about within my capability.

Its a pleasure sharing this with most of you, because, 14 years ago when I was hanging around the streets of Outer London with my mates. I never invisidged being in such a remote place and part of the world now. If I never do anything more gratifying (sp?) with my life, I wont worry as I've accomplished something remarkable right here and now.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Bam » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:19 pm

ConnO'var wrote:Cool place, Bam....

Near Arnhemland?

Oui, Con.

Arnemland is accross the gulf in the Northern territory mate. I'm in Qld still about 700 KM north west-ish of Cairns.

I need to catch a Barra, but the only thing I have maneged to catch is a s.hitty cold and a sun tan.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:26 pm

Bam wrote:

Near Arnhemland?

Oui, Con.

Arnemland is accross the gulf in the Northern territory mate. I'm in Qld still about 700 KM north east-ish of Cairns.

I need to catch a Barra, but the only thing I have maneged to catch is a s.hitty cold and a sun tan.

I love barramundi.... will never forget the 1st time I had it in Sydney..... Wild barra is awesome...

Surely there has to be a few rivers around your part of Oz that's famous for the fishing? Catch a few and post 'em up... not the frigging perch like last time. :D

We were planning on going down under after my daughter was born but could not quite make it..... will try again this June.... The sun's getting to me just a bit round here and I want to take Annie to see snow for the 1st time..... Not too sure there'll be much left to see in the Snowy mountains after the recent fires.... really feel for those folks.
ConnO'var

Postby Bam » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:33 pm

ConnO'var wrote:
Bam wrote:

Near Arnhemland?

Oui, Con.

Arnemland is accross the gulf in the Northern territory mate. I'm in Qld still about 700 KM north east-ish of Cairns.

I love barramundi.... will never forget the 1st time I had it in Sydney..... Wild barra is awesome...

Surely there has to be a few rivers around your part of Oz that's famous for the fishing? Catch a few and post 'em up... not the frigging perch like last time. :D

We were planning on going down under after my daughter was born but could not quite make it..... will try again this June.... The sun's getting to me just a bit round here and I want to take Annie to see snow for the 1st time..... Not too sure there'll be much left to see in the Snowy mountains after the recent fires.... really feel for those folks.

Barra is a great fish to catch and eat mate, bug chunky fillets and one hell of a fighter to land.

There are many rivers and creeks to fish around, we're spoilt. But we need the wet season to pass, as its impossible to get to certain rivers and mangroves by car. And I dont have a boat yet, plus TBH with you I'd be a bit apprehensive about landing a boat here in the murky waters with all them big salt water Crocs hanging around.

The last fish I posted  up you cheeky =get  :D  was a sweetlip (a reef fish) and A Barra. If you ever come down and can spare a few days up North in Qld give us a bell, and you can teach me how to fish.  :D

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:43 pm

Bam wrote:
ConnO'var wrote:
Bam wrote:

Near Arnhemland?

Oui, Con.

Barra is a great fish to catch and eat mate, bug chunky fillets and one hell of a fighter to land.

There are many rivers and creeks to fish around, we're spoilt. But we need the wet season to pass, as its impossible to get to certain rivers and mangroves by car. And I dont have a boat yet, plus TBH with you I'd be a bit apprehensive about landing a boat here in the murky waters with all them big salt water Crocs hanging around.

The last fish I posted  up you cheeky =get  :D  was a sweetlip (a reef fish) and A Barra. If you ever come down and can spare a few days up North in Qld give us a bell, and you can teach me how to fish.  :D

You have salties in the water? Rare or common? If their common, you wouldn't catch me on the water! Those brutes are huge and aggresive... or so I've been told.

As a fisherman, I'm only so-so..... being out on the water is the big thing for me.... Mind you I've landed an 18 pound jewfish in sydney once... pure luck. I think you're the one who's gonna have to teach me though coz most times I only bring bait back!

If the plans don't fall through, I'll give you a buzz...... The plan is to go to Melbourne and make our way up the coast to Hamilton Island for some scuba diving. Should be close enough to your neck of the woods then, I should imagine?
ConnO'var

Postby Bam » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:48 pm

ConnO'var wrote:
Bam wrote:
ConnO'var wrote:
Bam wrote:

Near Arnhemland?

Oui, Con.

You have salties in the water? Rare or common? If their common, you wouldn't catch me on the water! Those brutes are huge and aggresive... or so I've been told.

As a fisherman, I'm only so-so..... being out on the water is the big thing for me.... Mind you I've landed an 18 pound jewfish in sydney once... pure luck. I think you're the one who's gonna have to teach me though coz most times I only bring bait back!

If the plans don't fall through, I'll give you a buzz...... The plan is to go to Melbourne and make our way up the coast to Hamilton Island for some scuba diving. Should be close enough to your neck of the woods then, I should imagine?

:D

Only 1000 K's or so away.

The Crocs are Common I'm afraid mate, a few years back the Governement banned the culling of Crocs, to let their numbers grow. This law still stands and their numbers have shot back up and will keep on doing so. So yes mate they are very common, we have a 6fter who hangs around our local wharf.

I caught a Jewfish or two in Bamaga, they're similar looking to the Barra's but have more bone, still good eating though and BIG !

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum