People who are dead - Who you miss.

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:27 am

Les Dawson. I loved it every weekend when his show was on. A lovable character who made everyone laugh.

Emlyn Hughes. What a great character. Loved his life and loved what he did. Would be great to see him back on A Question of Sport.

Dermot Morgan. The amount of times Father Ted put me and me missus in a good mood after a miserable day. This show always was on at the right time and seemed to solve our misery. Great actor who is missed.

Drummerphil. It was not only karen who lost out on that day he went. A great poster and person and I just wish I got to know him better.

Who do you miss the most from the past?
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:54 am

my dad
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:29 am

My grandad, awesome fella and still had a sense of humour days before he passed of parkinsons/cancer, he summed up the scouse spirit  :bowdown  :buttrock
Last edited by Paul C on Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:25 pm

Santa Claus. :(
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Sabre » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:43 pm

My grandmother. You know she was all hart, one of this post civil war womans that had their 6 sons with food and if necessary she didn't eat for that. I never saw a sign of evil in her, even if she had to endure tough times, she showed to me the lesson that you can succeed and bridge problems without the need to step on anyone else.

To be honest, I'd been very lucky so far because the very close people to me, only has died of aging, like my grand dad with 98, and you assume it better. I haven't lost a very very close friend or family in an accident or something like that.

I miss Drummerphil too. He was a man with deep principles. I perceived as if in the first contact with him, I was like an alien for him, my values were different, my traditions different, but he stopped, payed attention and gave me a chance, and I learned a lot from him while he learned that even being an alien for his culture, we had good common values to share. And I laughed a lot with him, too. Great man.
Last edited by Sabre on Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:29 pm

Judge wrote:my dad

Ditto mate , oh not your dad obviously ,my dad. :;):
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:00 pm

Kharhaz wrote:Les Dawson. I loved it every weekend when his show was on. A lovable character who made everyone laugh.

Emlyn Hughes. What a great character. Loved his life and loved what he did. Would be great to see him back on A Question of Sport.

Dermot Morgan. The amount of times Father Ted put me and me missus in a good mood after a miserable day. This show always was on at the right time and seemed to solve our misery. Great actor who is missed.

Drummerphil. It was not only karen who lost out on that day he went. A great poster and person and I just wish I got to know him better.

Who do you miss the most from the past?

Out of all the special people in your life who have died, they are your most missed??
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:06 pm

GOAT_2.0 wrote:Out of all the special people in your life who have died, they are your most missed??

Ive been fortunate. We dont know most of our family as they all live around the country and noone special has died so in answer to your question yes !  :D
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:19 pm

By the time you get to my age its inevitable that a lot of family and friends have passed. I miss my mum, dad, brother and sister the most, but I have also lost 2 of my closest friends in the last few years. I have seen the change from being the youngest member of the family to being the oldest and I suppose I am now the odds on favourite to be the reason for the next family "do".
account deleted by request

Postby metalhead » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:19 pm

I've been fortunate too.

However, I have lost a university friend last year in a car accident, He was with me in 3 university classes in one semister, miss the guy.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT_2.0 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:43 pm

Kharhaz wrote:
GOAT_2.0 wrote:Out of all the special people in your life who have died, they are your most missed??

Ive been fortunate. We dont know most of our family as they all live around the country and noone special has died so in answer to your question yes !  :D

:D Fair enough
Image Image
GOAT_2.0

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:39 pm

MY DAD

Introduced me to the wonderful game of football at 10 and took me to my first boxing match in the Liverpool stadium.

My dad lived for football he was involved for 40 years in Sunday league in Liverpool ranging fropm kids teams to mens. He had a great team many years ago called Standard Triumph they won everything in Liverpool. And he was involved with a top kids team called Bovis some ended up playing pro. When he died last August he was Manager of a team in the Belle Vale league and he was 71 years old.

I know its gonna sound stupid but his funeral was amazing they came from everywhere in the football world of Liverpool to pay there respects. Scallies . gangters and clean living lads people from the telly all sittin side by side just to pay repects to my dad. The team he was involved with are still going stong an have even named a cup after him. That was my dad though everyone loved him not just me.

I lost my best friend when he went and my sparring partner
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:53 pm

I miss Manhattan, I cant believe he's gone  :down: .
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:57 pm

i miss white dog poo, sherbet dips, and tartan flares
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum