Paul gray found dead.... - Slipknot bass player....

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby matrix » Wed May 26, 2010 2:27 am

Fans mourn Slipknot's Paul Gray

AP

Paul Gray from the group Slipknot who was found dead in a hotel room (AP)
Fans of heavy metal band Slipknot are mourning bassist Paul Gray, who was found dead in a hotel room.

A hotel employee found the 38-year-old in a room at the Town Plaza Hotel in Urbandale, a suburb of Des Moines, Iowa.

Most of the band's members grew up in the Des Moines area.

Police said foul play was not suspected, and they hope to have autopsy results "fairly quickly".

A person who answered the phone at the band's record company, Roadrunner Records, declined to comment.

Slipknot's self-titled debut in 1999 sold more than a million copies. Known for its grotesque masks, the band won a Grammy in 2006 for best metal performance for the song Before I Forget.

Concert industry trade publication Pollstar ranked Slipknot 18th in its Top 20 Concert Tours list last year.

Andy Hall, music director of Des Moines rock station Lazer 103.3, said he had known Gray for 10 years. He described him as a talented bass player who was also one of the friendliest, most caring people he knew.

"This is a big blow, not only to the community of Des Moines but fans of metal at large, worldwide," he said. "It's a devastating loss. Paul was a wonderful human being."

"Paul Gray was an awesome person on and off stage. He will be missed by many including myself," Jacoby Shaddix, lead singer of metal band Papa Roach, said........

paul was known for his dabble into the class a  world...

it will be a big loss honestly rip paul...   :(
Last edited by matrix on Wed May 26, 2010 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Wed May 26, 2010 2:28 am

I wanted to say something about it but didn't think many here would care

I watched the conference a couple of hours ago. I reckon they're gonna split now :(

easily the best metal band of this generation

he's left behind a wife expecting their first. He posted on his blog that 'the news we're expecting our first child makes this the best Christmas I've ever had'

I'm going to Download this summer, reckon I can count out seeing Stone Sour as well

RIP Paul Gray

Matrix - dunno if you've seen the conference mate but its here
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Fri May 28, 2010 9:21 pm

Greavesie wrote:I wanted to say something about it but didn't think many here would care

I watched the conference a couple of hours ago. I reckon they're gonna split now :(

easily the best metal band of this generation

he's left behind a wife expecting their first. He posted on his blog that 'the news we're expecting our first child makes this the best Christmas I've ever had'

I'm going to Download this summer, reckon I can count out seeing Stone Sour as well

RIP Paul Gray

Matrix - dunno if you've seen the conference mate but its here

Heard about this, though I don't agree slipknot the best band of this generation, but paul gray was a very good bassist player.

*sigh*, I remember a wonderful bassist Cliff Burton who died back in the 80's that changed Metallica after the dreadful tragedy

RIP
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Sat May 29, 2010 7:04 pm

Slipknot's Paul Gray dead: '911 call says needle and pills found at scene'
  27/05/2010

An emergency call made by an alleged employee of the hotel where Slipknot star Paul Gray was found dead has been released online.

US gossip website TMZ claims it has obtained a recording of the call placed by an unnamed hotel maintenance worker who discovered Gray's body.

"We believe that it's a drug overdose," the employee says of Gray's condition. "There's a hypodermic needle next to his bed here."

Asked if Gray were awake, the worker replies: "Oh God, no," explaining that it appeared as though Gray had been dead "for a while".

He later identifies the musician's name from the label on a nearby bottle of pills.

The employee is also heard to say that Gray's mother had called the hotel earlier that day because she was having trouble reaching her son.......................................................................................

such a shame paul gray is dead,  when i heard the news i knew it was drugs...

he was well known inside the band to be into class a drugs....

ive been into slipknot since 1999,   so its really a sad time....

i think all the band and pauls wife having a live conference after he died was just the bomb...

PAUL GRAY YOU WERE JUST AN AMAZING BASS PLAYER.   RIP.

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat May 29, 2010 7:52 pm

fecking hero! was lovin the Slipknot last night, blasting it out. Neighbours must have been well p!ssed off :D

he said he'd been clean since 2003

FWIW I reckon Chris will take bass duties

RIP Paul

Everyones dying, deaths enjoying swinging that scythe around lately a bit too much

oh and here's another video - just a few things from an interview
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby matrix » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:38 am

thanks Greavesie  for pasting the live conference on an earlier post forgot to say thanks...

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum