You know, for a humour website these guys make a lot of sense. :D

5 Ridiculous Things You Probably Believe About Islam
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Emerald Red » Fri May 20, 2011 12:52 am

Kenny Kan wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
Keris wrote:2. Suicide Bombers.
I don't really think suicide bombers exists because of passages from a book. But I do believe they exists because of war and oppression maybe economically or maybe politically. I don't reckon anyone with a full stomach wants to be a suicide bomber. Does the Quran site 'go to war just because we don't see eye to eye?' no. As a muslim I don't believe that. Hand me a rifle and tell me to do so and I will shoot you myself :p We are a thinking religion mate, imprints of the influence of Islam can be trance in economy, science and politics, even in astronomy and in the advancement of civilization.

Good answer. I was going to write a similar thing to this. One of the first and most famous documentations of suicide bombings came in WW2 when the Japanese would run into the front lines of US forces and blow themselves up. Circumstances dictate those kinds of actions, not the religion. All the religion does is give them the mental will power to do it, or the balls in other words.

Kamikazes are of a totally different context altogether. They would be shot, their plane would be going down anyway. It's totally different.

The principle is the same. Overwhelming odds dictating that the best strategy to inflict maximum damage when outnumbered is to sacrifice yourself and take out as many of the enemy as possible doing so. It's just unfortunate that the so called enemy according to the people blowing themselves up in places like Israel happen to be normal civilians. No one can condone that, but you can at least try to understand why it happens.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Fri May 20, 2011 1:12 am

Emerald Red wrote:
Kenny Kan wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:
I don't really think suicide bombers exists because of passages from a book. But I do believe they exists because of war and oppression maybe economically or maybe politically. I don't reckon anyone with a full stomach wants to be a suicide bomber. Does the Quran site 'go to war just because we don't see eye to eye?' no. As a muslim I don't believe that. Hand me a rifle and tell me to do so and I will shoot you myself :p We are a thinking religion mate, imprints of the influence of Islam can be trance in economy, science and politics, even in astronomy and in the advancement of civilization.

Good answer. I was going to write a similar thing to this. One of the first and most famous documentations of suicide bombings came in WW2 when the Japanese would run into the front lines of US forces and blow themselves up. Circumstances dictate those kinds of actions, not the religion. All the religion does is give them the mental will power to do it, or the balls in other words.

Kamikazes are of a totally different context altogether. They would be shot, their plane would be going down anyway. It's totally different.

The principle is the same. Overwhelming odds dictating that the best strategy to inflict maximum damage when outnumbered is to sacrifice yourself and take out as many of the enemy as possible doing so. It's just unfortunate that the so called enemy according to the people blowing themselves up in places like Israel happen to be normal civilians. No one can condone that, but you can at least try to understand why it happens.

Agreed. I think.  :D
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Fri May 20, 2011 6:46 am

Keris wrote:
metalhead wrote::laugh:

very good question mate, and you got me on that one big time :D  I don't want to make any excuses or anything the thread was a tongue in a cheek type of comment anyways and I usually have the occasional drink from time to time (only on special occasions, god forgive me for it). However, I felt I needed to do the Umra at least to reconnect with my faith and experience it.

:D

Well, I hope you found everything that you hope for.

My uncle once asked me if there was anything he could doa for me since he was doing his Haj. I asked for number 19. Still waiting though.  :wwww

:laugh:

I think your uncle lied to you!
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ethanr » Fri May 20, 2011 6:54 am

Bad Bob wrote:You know, for a humour website these guys make a lot of sense. :D

Enjoyed that... thanks mate
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby metalhead » Fri May 20, 2011 3:29 pm

Bad Bob wrote:You know, for a humour website these guys make a lot of sense. :D

great article!

because wearing a veil is not required in Islam but is more of a custom, depending on where you live and who's in charge.

spot on!

In short, Muhammad wanted his armies to fight like freaking hippies. During the :censored: Dark Ages. And they did.

:D
Last edited by metalhead on Fri May 20, 2011 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Keris » Fri May 20, 2011 4:03 pm

ethanr wrote::laugh:

I think your uncle lied to you!

Learn to look at the big picture mate :p 
God tends to give what we need instead what we want.
See,
instead of giving 'us' no. 19, he gave us Tom & George.
after Tom & George brought ou the worse in us,
he brought us changes, in FSG.
On the way, no. 19 :buttrock
Sorted :eyebrow
Keris
LFC Super Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri May 20, 2011 7:06 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:

Interesting thread but that response on kamikaze bombers is untrue.

Kamikaze bombers would fly there planes into targets, regardless of if they got shot. The analogy to Muslim terrorists is the same. They gave their lives up INTENTIONALLY for a cause.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat May 21, 2011 7:09 pm

Kenny Kan wrote:Kamikazes are of a totally different context altogether. They would be shot, their plane would be going down anyway. It's totally different.

Incorrect. Kamikaze pilots actually went out to crash into a ship and their plane was modified for the job (including a bomb on the nose of the plane)
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Sat May 21, 2011 8:42 pm

The only difference between kamakazes and suicide bombers is that the kamakaze targets were only military
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu May 26, 2011 12:38 pm

this is just awesome:

While the world was rejoicing in the killing of ruthless mass murder Usama Bin Laden this past Sunday, Michael Moore, the rotund documentary film maker, had a different reaction. "F@ck!", Moore tweeted at exactly the moment the news hit the internet. This tweet was immediately deleted and replaced with a more politically correct statement, "I'm proud to be an American today. Rot in hell douche!".

It's not surprising that the horizontally unchallenged rabble-rouser is disappointed about the momentous event. Moore's newest documentary "We Will Never Find Usama Bin Laden, and Never Will!" was expected to be released nationally this June 29. This release date has been pushed back by distributor LionsGate to re-configure the scope and subject of the film.

"We may possibly scrap the film altogether," added an anonymous LionsGate security guard. Ever the over-confident, undaunted, morbidly obese auteur, Moore is adamant about keeping the current release date and film intact. "The film is still relevant," Moore remarked. "Everyone thinks it's about finding a physical person called Usama Bin Laden, but it's not.", continued Moore, "If Three Amigos! has taught us anything, it's that the true enemy is within. It's about finding the Bin Laden in all of us.

Which can never be found and never will." Whether or not this metaphysical spin will work, only time will tell. For now, the fat guy who films stuff will just have to wait and see like the rest of us.
Last edited by dawson99 on Thu May 26, 2011 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Thu May 26, 2011 1:49 pm

watching the drama unfold  :D
Attachments

[The extension has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Last edited by Boocity on Thu May 26, 2011 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Thu May 26, 2011 2:33 pm

dawson99 wrote:"If Three Amigos! has taught us anything, it's that the true enemy is within. It's about finding the Bin Laden in all of us.

Word is he's re-editing his Bin Laden movie.

New working title is

"Bin Laden, body double ? "

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Thu May 26, 2011 3:14 pm

Is he back?   he could be the next Elvis...... :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu May 26, 2011 3:16 pm

Reg wrote:Is he back?   he could be the next Elvis...... :laugh:

more blown up the building than left the building though
0118 999 881 999 119 7253