Next us president - Place your bets

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Big Niall » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:10 pm

Now that the lunatic that is George Bush is running out of time, who do you think will be next US president.

I would like Obama - anti torture, get out of Iraq, talk to other world leaders from "unfriendly" countries, pro environment etc.

However, I feel McCain will win it. I fear that his time as a POW has mentally scarred him and he seems very gung ho regarding war. He did say though that US would sign up to environmental treaty if China and India did too which is good.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:12 pm

they will say owt to get into power, then do the complete opposite

we all know this to be true

give big niall the job, and his anti-diving campaign will sort it out :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:17 pm

Anything is got to better then GW
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:39 pm

or this guy

what about this guy?

although this guy, well

but theres always

I would have more faith in any of these ruthless despots than George Dubia Bush
burjennio

Postby dawson99 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:50 pm

Big Niall wrote:Now that the lunatic that is George Bush is running out of time, who do you think will be next US president.

I would like Obama - anti torture, get out of Iraq, talk to other world leaders from "unfriendly" countries, pro environment etc.

However, I feel McCain will win it. I fear that his time as a POW has mentally scarred him and he seems very gung ho regarding war. He did say though that US would sign up to environmental treaty if China and India did too which is good.

would have to disagree about mccain being gung ho about war. from what ive read and seen of him hes actually anti war, possibly coming from his POW days.

id like to see him win, he comes across brilliantly on the tonight show with jon stewart and hes a strong character with decent views.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:53 pm

i don't like mccain, has a chip on his shoulder

sorry :D

i'd like to see obama win, but no doubt the public will elect yet another republican christian fundamentalist govt.

i hope hilary doesn't get in, otherwise the most powerful state on earth will have been run by just 2 families for at least 24 years. not healthy.
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:32 pm

i vote for this guy :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:38 pm

I hope Obama wins.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:13 pm

I hope a Democrat wins but I'd probably put my money on McCain.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby dawson99 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:17 pm

dunno why everyone wants obama, the guy isnt as democratic as everyione thinks. change isnt always better... mccain is the best man with the experiance for the job. he knows war, he knows people and hes not retarded like the bushes/clintons
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:23 pm

half a dozen spartans in the white house? Al-Queeda would be bricking it!
burjennio

Postby Sabre » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:25 pm

dawson99 wrote:dunno why everyone wants obama, the guy isnt as democratic as everyione thinks. change isnt always better... mccain is the best man with the experiance for the job. he knows war, he knows people and hes not retarded like the bushes/clintons

No matter how bad Obama is, it must be far better than Bush and far better than a wife with a chip on her shoulder trying to show to the husband that she can be president too.

Actually from an outer perspective it seems irrelevant who's chosen. It seems that the presidents are not chosen for their preparation but rather which lobbies they have behind them.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:26 pm

Big Niall wrote:Now that the lunatic that is George Bush is running out of time, who do you think will be next US president.

Call me a doom monger, but I think that potentially out of two of those candidates, it's more like the next president to likely be assassinated.

A woman president, or a black president? I'm all for either one. Love to see it happen. But there are a lot of archaic dinosaurs out there that would strongly oppose it. Especially Obama. Not just because of his skin tone, but because he wants to put an end to our new Vietnam and stop torture in places like Guantanamo. The Spooks won't like that at all. Neither will the Bush syndicate.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:26 pm

agreed. obama would be betetr than whats there now, but im still saying mccain
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:57 pm

I watched bbc news the other morning and it showed them going across folks in america and asking them who they would like and a majority of people they asked said obama because hes black ! then hillary because shes a woman and a handful said mccain. The wright stuff this morning on 5 asked some brits and a majority said doesnt matter if they are a woman or black as long as they are good enough for the job !
Personally id like anyone but hillary, not being sexist, but I got a bet on that she divorces bill if she fails to make it ! :D
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum