Next us president - Place your bets

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:34 am

There was yet another major shooting at a University in the U.S. yesterday, I've lost count of the number of major shootings that've happened there in the past year. It's eternal.
LFC2007

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:47 am

LFC2007 wrote:There was yet another major shooting at a University in the U.S. yesterday, I've lost count of the number of major shootings that've happened there in the past year. It's eternal.

America is so f*cked up, I really don't know what's happened to this country and it's people.  I guess they just brought it upon themselves with all the :censored: they've been doing, it's coming back to haunt them.  I want to go back to Europe.  :down:
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:36 am

Bad Bob wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:As for arrogant tourists, glass houses and all that Bob.

Canadian tourists are loved the world over, mate!  We're polite, respectful of other cultures and are excellent tippers.  We also don't bother arguing with you English types when you say yours is the best country in the world...we're ideal guests!  :p  :D

I'm afraid that isnt nessercerily true Bob about Canandian tourists.

"You English types" Whats that suppose to mean >?

"you say you have the best country in the world"

I never said that stop twisting my words.

It was a joke, mate.  Lighten up. :D

oops  :oh:
66-1112520797

Postby Big Niall » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:22 pm

ruskiy playmaker wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:There was yet another major shooting at a University in the U.S. yesterday, I've lost count of the number of major shootings that've happened there in the past year. It's eternal.

America is so f*cked up, I really don't know what's happened to this country and it's people.  I guess they just brought it upon themselves with all the :censored: they've been doing, it's coming back to haunt them.  I want to go back to Europe.  :down:

its a country based on the gun really, I mean I've never seen even one native American when there - its like they were wiped out but nobody ever mentions it.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:36 pm

Big Niall wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:

its a country based on the gun really, I mean I've never seen even one native American when there - its like they were wiped out but nobody ever mentions it.

It's funny reading the comments from people who've been to New York City a couple of times and think they know everything about the U.S. :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Judge » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:15 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Big Niall wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:

It's funny reading the comments from people who've been to New York City a couple of times and think they know everything about the U.S. :D

ive been to texas, new york, tucson, mobile, san francisco, LA and san diego

am i an american expert then ?
:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:43 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Big Niall wrote:
ruskiy playmaker wrote:

I've been all over the U.S - from NY to Boston to Washington DC  :D

I only go to the civilised parts so Chicago this summer. I'm not going to Red neck town :D

Anyone see the programme last night on ch4 about the child preachers over there, some snot nosed kids preaching about the devil  :devil:  hilarious.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:20 pm

Do you think this shooting will be like a talking points for debates in the near future for the presidential candidates though?

Its a shame really to see these types of shootings happening, I feel for the victim's family.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:50 pm

metalhead wrote:

Do you think this shooting will be like a talking points for debates in the near future for the presidential candidates though?

I think it's very unlikely, because major shootings in the U.S. are commonplace. I can't remember the exact figures but there are something like 400,000 crimes in the U.S. committed each year where a firearm is used. Deaths from the use of firearms in the U.S are responsible for roughly the loss of 30,000 lives each year. The majority of those deaths being as a result of homicide.
LFC2007

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:45 pm

metalhead wrote:

Its a shame really to see these types of shootings happening, I feel for the victim's family.

I really do have to laugh. Their government spends billions on a futile war effort of supposedly catching these bad guy terrorists, and in doing so creating thousands more, while at the same time you have American kids walking into schools and gunning people down right on their own doorstep. There's a sad and cold irony to that I think.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:28 am

It really doesn't matter who wins the election because they're all a bunch of freaking corrupted crooks.  They'll probably invade Iran as soon as they get in the office.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:55 am

Looking more and more like Obama will win it, and he is the most anti-Iraq guy out there of the major candidates. But Bush was running on a Humble, non-interventionalist foreign policy in 2000.
JoeTerp

Postby Big Niall » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:13 pm

How can Americans fall for the Obama trick. Listen to him talk, all he ever says is "change", change is only good if it is for the better, he never says what he'll do. people over there fall for all that B.S about "hope" "inspire" , Go the back with inspiration and a feel good factor and see if that will pay the bills.

He wasn't there when America made the ridiculous decision to invade Iraq so he is lucky in that regard. I'd prefer him over McCain though as he wants to continue that war and probably accelerate the so called "war on terror" :angry:
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:44 pm

as a famous episode of south park said, the choice is always over a douche bag and a terd sandwich
JoeTerp

Postby metalhead » Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:49 pm

JoeTerp wrote:as a famous episode of south park said, the choice is always over a douche bag and a terd sandwich

:D

one of the quality quotes

Its likely that Obama would win the democratic place for presidency.

I hope he wins, rather than McCaine, I like Big Niall don't want the continuation of "war on terror" on Iraq (as a middle eastern, I've seen this as a failure).
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum