Next us president - Place your bets

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby laza » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:01 am

hello_red wrote:Obama will win and then get shot dead by a ''nutter''.

Im all for the left coming out on top.

The right can suck my dick.

The war on terror needs to be sorted out, not so much a war more a case in how not to go about stopping 'Islamic extremists'.

I dont really think the democrats can be considered a left wing party by anyone except those of the rabid right in US themselves
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:06 am

I prefer to think of government in 3 dimensions and prefer to stand "top" of center

but yes our spectrum is fairly narrow at least on the global scale I think all the legitimate ideas that the general population considers is relatively narrow, as well as on the global scale shifted right of average
JoeTerp

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:21 am

obama is playing the race card, talking about his ancestors and how he lived in a muslim country until he was 4 giving him a better insight into islam (? ???? when i was 4 religion had no interest for me), then talking about martin luther king etc.

however i can imagine hilary trying to talk about how being white gives her a better understanding of whites and talking about her white ancestors the young obama will very soon start squealing about race again.

why is it ok to use his race while hilary can not
112-1077774096

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:05 am

Obama was taking the Black vote at a rate of 5 to 1 in some states today and that is pretty high considering that the Clintons are held in VERY high esteem within the African American community

Obama was actually beating Clinton amongst whites in California as well, but Hillary CRUSHED Obama amongst the Latino and Asian voters
JoeTerp

Postby Big Niall » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:21 am

JoeTerp wrote:avoiding recession.

McCain wants to "give the soldiers a chance to win the war"

the Dems want to get out fairly quickly after they are elected and pull out slowly over a period of 12-18 months
Obama has been quoted as saying, "no amount of American soldiers can solve the political differences at the heart of somebody else's civil war."

Obama is right.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:26 am

Its funny that a country with really cool liberal cities like New York (which I love) can also have some southern bible belt places which are very similar to Iran, they talk about god non stop and everyone has a gun, they hate gay people, they believe their religious book is fact - garden of eden etc. They have so much in common with the islamist fundamentalists.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:50 pm

Obama will win the presidency, then be assassinated by Toby Keith
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jeffiroquai » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:53 pm

I just voted in the primary here in VA today.  Put my protest vote in for Ron Paul.  None of these :censored: are going to pull out of Iraq/Afghanistan, fix the economy, or make my health care costs go down.  It will be four more years of the same business.  The system is broken.  The premise that these numpty's that have been served up for election are the most viable candidates out of 300 million people in this country is an absolute joke.

In reality, this whole process is like trying to find a shiny turd in the middle of a steaming pile of shiiiiiiiiiiiite!
Last edited by jeffiroquai on Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:27 pm

Also voted for Ron Paul in the MD primary today.
JoeTerp

Postby Big Niall » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:28 pm

I think it is nuts that obama is doing so well when all he ever says is "change","hope", "unite" - he never mentions policies but democrats seem to be buying it.

The rest of the world depends to varying degrees on the American economy. I fear that they have been living beyond their means for 10-20 years and the most powerful country in the world shouldn't have a massive debt, sliding currency, etc. Historical empires lost their status when they over reached militarily and couldn't afford it any more.

I predict in 25 years China will be the greatest power in the world - not good news. :down:
Last edited by Big Niall on Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:35 pm

I predict in 25 years China will be the greatest power in the world - not good news. :down:[/quote]
If that happens do you think we will get 62" plasma's for only £20  :laugh:
Last edited by mistyred on Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:55 am

Good a place as any for this one: 

U.S. Gives Up Trying To Impress England

May 26, 2004 | Issue 40•21

CHICAGO—Americans across the nation declared Tuesday that, after 230 years of trying to prove to England that the U.S. is a worthwhile and relevant country deserving of the European nation's respect, they are officially giving up.

"When America was only a couple of decades old, and England had been around for centuries, it was understandable that they looked down on us," said Rosie Hendricks, a mother of two from Arlington Heights. "But now, we've both been around for centuries. We're both international leaders. It's way past time England started treating us a little better."

"Yes, their royal family is cool, and yes, they have The Beatles and Shakespeare, but—well, they don't have to act so high and mighty," Hendricks said. "Every time they talk, it's like they think they're better than us. Do they think we don't notice that look on their faces?"

According to surveys, Americans are not looking for special treatment from the British, only a little bit of acknowledgement once in a while.

"All we want is one little nod of affirmation, a pat on the back, a 'good job' for some of the things we've done as a country," said Matthew Prousalis, a customer-service agent for AT&T Wireless in Peoria. "Really, all it would take is a quick 'Thanks for inventing the first successful gas-powered automobile. Keep it up.' That's it. But no, nothing."

"I've admired the British ever since I saw them on PBS as a kid," Prousalis added, blushing slightly. "Do they have any idea how bad they make us feel when they disregard us like this?"

Nicole Arndt, a computer-system sales representative from Chicago, said she was frustrated by England's dismissal of American entertainment.

"The British are always acting like we're so base," Arndt said. "Well, maybe we do go in for violence and sex a bit more than some other countries, but all around the world there are people who really love our movies and music. Just because we do things a little differently, that doesn't mean it's wrong."

Added Arndt: "In fact, I'd be willing to wager that, if we chose our five best movies from the past year and Great Britain chose theirs, and we asked an impartial country—let's say, Peru—they'd like our movies better. That'd knock England off her high horse."

Josh Feldman, an insurance claims adjuster in Union City, CA, said England assumes America is stupid.

"We have playwrights here doing some really advanced work," Feldman said. "Tony Kushner is giving it his all and writing what I hear are some very good plays. Not that England would ever notice."

Despite the two countries' decades of close political and economic alliances, many Americans said their counterparts in England should learn to appreciate what we do.

"We've cured lotsa diseases and invented a bunch of vital technologies," said Eric Pucci of Gruene, TX. "And I hate to bring this up, because they'll just call me a warmongering meathead or something, but we're breaking our backs to bring democracy to the whole damn world. England fights side-by-side with us, and yet they still treat us like they're deigning to form an alliance with us. Ask the rest of the world; you'll find a whole lot of nations who would want to be our friends. No, not everyone. But a lot of countries."

Alex Soellner, a Newport Beach, CA computer consultant, described his mood as one "more of resignation than exasperation."

"We tried so hard to catch your eye with our advances in Internet development, our soccer team, and our modern dance," Soellner said. "But you guys just keep acting like we're not a civilized country because we drink coffee instead of tea and our cops carry guns. That really stings."

Added Soellner: "Just because we don't have a cool accent, it doesn't mean we don't have any culture."

Many Americans expressed great relief at the declaration, saying it freed them from their personal struggles to defend America's legitimacy.

"I can focus on doing my own thing now, and I can finally stop worrying about whether or not the British are going to like my work," said Gary Sherwin, a post- doctoral bioinformatics researcher at Stanford. "From now on, I'm working for me and my colleagues, and if England doesn't like it, it's their loss. Of course, it'd be nice if, when they see what I'm doing, they're impressed, but I'm not holding my breath anymore."
JoeTerp

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:41 am

JoeTerp wrote:Good a place as any for this one: 

CHICAGO—Americans across the nation declared Tuesday that, after 230 years of trying to prove to England that the U.S. is a worthwhile and relevant country deserving of the European nation's respect, they are officially giving up.

"When America was only a couple of decades old, and England had been around for centuries, it was understandable that they looked down on us," said Rosie Hendricks, a mother of two from Arlington Heights. "But now, we've both been around for centuries. We're both international leaders. It's way past time England started treating us a little better."

"Yes, their royal family is cool, and yes, they have The Beatles and Shakespeare, but—well, they don't have to act so high and mighty," Hendricks said. "Every time they talk, it's like they think they're better than us. Do they think we don't notice that look on their faces?"

According to surveys, Americans are not looking for special treatment from the British, only a little bit of acknowledgement once in a while.

"All we want is one little nod of affirmation, a pat on the back, a 'good job' for some of the things we've done as a country," said Matthew Prousalis, a customer-service agent for AT&T Wireless in Peoria. "Really, all it would take is a quick 'Thanks for inventing the first successful gas-powered automobile. Keep it up.' That's it. But no, nothing."

"I've admired the British ever since I saw them on PBS as a kid," Prousalis added, blushing slightly. "Do they have any idea how bad they make us feel when they disregard us like this?"

Nicole Arndt, a computer-system sales representative from Chicago, said she was frustrated by England's dismissal of American entertainment.

"The British are always acting like we're so base," Arndt said. "Well, maybe we do go in for violence and sex a bit more than some other countries, but all around the world there are people who really love our movies and music. Just because we do things a little differently, that doesn't mean it's wrong."

Added Arndt: "In fact, I'd be willing to wager that, if we chose our five best movies from the past year and Great Britain chose theirs, and we asked an impartial country—let's say, Peru—they'd like our movies better. That'd knock England off her high horse."

Josh Feldman, an insurance claims adjuster in Union City, CA, said England assumes America is stupid.

"We have playwrights here doing some really advanced work," Feldman said. "Tony Kushner is giving it his all and writing what I hear are some very good plays. Not that England would ever notice."

Despite the two countries' decades of close political and economic alliances, many Americans said their counterparts in England should learn to appreciate what we do.

"We've cured lotsa diseases and invented a bunch of vital technologies," said Eric Pucci of Gruene, TX. "And I hate to bring this up, because they'll just call me a warmongering meathead or something, but we're breaking our backs to bring democracy to the whole damn world. England fights side-by-side with us, and yet they still treat us like they're deigning to form an alliance with us. Ask the rest of the world; you'll find a whole lot of nations who would want to be our friends. No, not everyone. But a lot of countries."

Alex Soellner, a Newport Beach, CA computer consultant, described his mood as one "more of resignation than exasperation."

"We tried so hard to catch your eye with our advances in Internet development, our soccer team, and our modern dance," Soellner said. "But you guys just keep acting like we're not a civilized country because we drink coffee instead of tea and our cops carry guns. That really stings."

Added Soellner: "Just because we don't have a cool accent, it doesn't mean we don't have any culture."

Many Americans expressed great relief at the declaration, saying it freed them from their personal struggles to defend America's legitimacy.

"I can focus on doing my own thing now, and I can finally stop worrying about whether or not the British are going to like my work," said Gary Sherwin, a post- doctoral bioinformatics researcher at Stanford. "From now on, I'm working for me and my colleagues, and if England doesn't like it, it's their loss. Of course, it'd be nice if, when they see what I'm doing, they're impressed, but I'm not holding my breath anymore."

Whiney f.ucking yanks, they want to be noticed by the English for what, an automobile that runs on REAL gas.

Well done Yanks, jolly good show.

I was in Paris a few years back with my girlfriend, and we were crossing the road, and we're surrounded by resturants. Take your pick basically.

Behind us was a family of Yanks, we all know what the Yanks are like, they loved to heard and get that great big American acsent out for to hear.

Pappa Yankey says: WHAT SHALL WE HAVE FOR DINNER HONEY ?

Mom-a Yank says: I DONT KNOW, EVERYTHING IS IN FRENCH I CANNOT READ IT, THE ONLY THING I CAN MAKE OUT IS PIZZA !!!!!

Pappa Yank: I GUESS WE'LL GO THERE THEN.

Me and my girlfriend look at eachother embarrised for these people. Americans are notest ..... As loud and stupid.

:nod
66-1112520797

Postby Big Niall » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:23 am

For about 250 million people (about 4% of worlds population) to have an economy 5 times the second biggest economy PROVES they are not stupid.

Of course, we've all met stupid ones and they are insular (and a bit gung ho with violence/war), but the whole I.T revolution of last 40 years has come from US.

I do think its funny that they think there is a "british accent" - think Hugh Grant, somebody should send them to the North of England.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:52 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:Good a place as any for this one: 

Whiney f.ucking yanks, they want to be noticed by the English for what, an automobile that runs on REAL gas.

Well done Yanks, jolly good show.

I was in Paris a few years back with my girlfriend, and we were crossing the road, and we're surrounded by resturants. Take your pick basically.

Behind us was a family of Yanks, we all know what the Yanks are like, they loved to heard and get that great big American acsent out for to hear.

Pappa Yankey says: WHAT SHALL WE HAVE FOR DINNER HONEY ?

Mom-a Yank says: I DONT KNOW, EVERYTHING IS IN FRENCH I CANNOT READ IT, THE ONLY THING I CAN MAKE OUT IS PIZZA !!!!!

Pappa Yank: I GUESS WE'LL GO THERE THEN.

Me and my girlfriend look at eachother embarrised for these people. Americans are notest ..... As loud and stupid.

:nod

You're not fooling anyone, Bamaga--you're jealous of the Yanks! :nod

And, FFS, you live in Australia--the world's most notorious obnoxious tourists (sorry Laza)! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum