Newkit jukebox - The 90's

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Bam » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:44 pm

Sunsets - Powderfinger

Fluffy clouds - The Orb

Personally I thought the 80's was a tragic decade for music.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:50 pm

Bam wrote:Sunsets - Powderfinger

Fluffy clouds - The Orb

:no

The 80's made Top of the Pops popular ! Its the latter decades that ruined it, total pap !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:11 am

Kharhaz wrote:
Bam wrote:Sunsets - Powderfinger

Fluffy clouds - The Orb

:no

The 80's made Top of the Pops popular ! Its the latter decades that ruined it, total pap !

For me the 60's, 70's and 90's were good decades for music. The 80's was mostly tacky cheese and awful haircuts.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:02 am

this song is the 90's

The Stone Roses- Fools Gold

it was released late 89 but i class it as 90's, the whole album 'the stone roses' is a classic, here is another of the album

Waterfall
112-1077774096

Postby Zidane » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:25 am

Zidane

Postby Bam » Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:38 am

peewee wrote:this song is the 90's

The Stone Roses- Fools Gold

it was released late 89 but i class it as 90's, the whole album 'the stone roses' is a classic, here is another of the album

Waterfall

Quality song, fools Gold :buttrock

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby Number 9 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:30 am

Bad Bob wrote:It must be said, BTW, that the 90s weren't a patch on the 80s when it came to quality music.  All, IMHO of course. :cool:

I dont agree mate..80s was mostly about cheesy pop numbers!Id say there were more oned hit wonders that decade than any other as well!
90s music was the dogs balls..less synthasizers and more guitars!

I wonder how this band would have gone had the lead singer not done something silly,I know they sort of re formed and done a silly reality TV show but they would never be the same without Michael!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZZGwENyUNs

Great tune,great band! :nod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLV4ffVkpSM

and that one too!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:40 am

Maybe its an age thing but the late sixties, and the 70's was musics peak. Music died in the early 80's and while cd's/dvd's and the internet has tried to breath new life into it so far it hasn't quite managed it.
account deleted by request

Postby Number 9 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:43 am

s@int wrote:Maybe its an age thing but the late sixties, and the 70's was musics peak. Music died in the early 80's and while cd's/dvd's and the internet has tried to breath new life into it so far it hasn't quite managed it.

I can remember as a kid sitting on a sunday between 4 and 7 with a ghetto blaster and a blank tape listening to the charts on radio 1,taping all the songs I liked! :D

If you listened to the charts on a sunday now theres probably about 3 decent songs ffs.Its all that rap and other shi'te!
Not even proper music...disgraceful how its went IMO!! :veryangry  :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:02 am

90's was the decade for music, it was madchester, it was britpop, it was grunge. It was everything that meant sex drugs and rock n rol we hadnt seen since the 60s. It was the Sex Pistols and Beatles rolled into one.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:32 am

Bad Bob wrote:
GYBS wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:
GYBS wrote:Birdhouse in your soul

That one is a fav but this is my all time 90s fav .

Midnight Oil

They Might be Giants is a great shout but "Beds Are Burning" was from the 80s mate.  :D

My off the top of my head pick for the 90s

The Sundays

was it ? im sure i remember it being around in 1990 in the charts ??? feck

Released in 1987, mate, and I'm doubting it took 3 years to chart in the UK...it's a belter of a song from a fantastic band. :nod

Think they were great during the opening ceremony for 2000 olympics .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:02 pm

Number 9 wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:It must be said, BTW, that the 90s weren't a patch on the 80s when it came to quality music.  All, IMHO of course. :cool:

I dont agree mate..80s was mostly about cheesy pop numbers!Id say there were more oned hit wonders that decade than any other as well!
90s music was the dogs balls..less synthasizers and more guitars!

I wonder how this band would have gone had the lead singer not done something silly,I know they sort of re formed and done a silly reality TV show but they would never be the same without Michael!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZZGwENyUNs

Great tune,great band! :nod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLV4ffVkpSM

and that one too!

You say that and then you post up two songs from the 80s!  :laugh:

Look, there was the odd glimpse of quality in the 90s but most of it was derivative bullsh!t delivered in an "ironic" mode by bands many struggle to name even now and who will not stand the test of time.  Once you dig beneath the cheesy, one-hit-wonder pop surface of the 80s, on the other hand, there was a lot of innovative and inspiring stuff.  Having said that, Saint's spot on.  All you young pups just like the 90s stuff because it was the music you were listening to when you were drinking your first shandies and trying to get a leg over. :rasp  (Of course, he'll say the same about me with my 80s music, old-timer that he is! :D )
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby taff » Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:35 pm

Ten storey love song by the stone roses. :cool:

And no disrespect Bad Bob but over the pond is not like it is over here.  Rock and Roll and Rap are the only times you lot have been ahead of the game and your corporations managed to ruin that  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:00 pm

Thanks again lads, some great shouts so far.

Personally speaking for me the '90's was the decade I discovered the brilliant Canadian band Tragically Hip. Albums such as "Fully Completely""Day for Night" "Trouble at the Henhouse" and "Phantom Power" virtually ruled my music system for ten years.

Anyways here's my number one favourite tune from the 90's.

Tragically Hip - Nautical Disaster

(if you haven't heard them before and you like this number grab the albums mentioned above, you're in for a treat.)

:)

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:05 pm

taff wrote:Ten storey love song by the stone roses. :cool:

And no disrespect Bad Bob but over the pond is not like it is over here.  Rock and Roll and Rap are the only times you lot have been ahead of the game and your corporations managed to ruin that  :D

:D

No point making this about national (or, more accurately, regional) rivalries, mate.  We live in a global world, especially when it comes to music, movies and, increasingly, television.  I may not have been listening to the stars of the local Cardiff club scene back in the 90s but we got Oasis and Blur and Radiohead and the Trainspotting soundtrack over here as well.  There was, of course, some brilliant stuff coming out in the 90s--you can't keep a whole decade down!--but, IMHO, a lot of the stuff people were raving about was rather over-rated.  I will grant you that my perception of the whole decade may have been unfairly skewed by the absolute dross that seemed to pass for mainstream music in the late 90s.  What an appalling few years those were.  :suspect:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum