Newkit awards 2009 - the results

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby dawson99 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:09 am

Ok,

After collating the results, and noticing I have not won a single thing, here are the results and they cannot be changed... so tough if you're not happy, as I'm not bothered... ok

We'll start off with the most recent, the newkit newcomer of 2009.
There was a bit of a stewards enquiry about this one. New people were the same as old people, I was about 9 different people, so it has to go to the one eprson we think is him, and not someone else... make sense?

The winner: Made in UK

Next we come to Mod of the year, now this is a very serious award, one for the ages... and the winner, according to the thousands of votes brought in to myself is Bad Bob
Now I don't really like Bob, I really like bob, nice one lad!!!

Baddie of the year is one that no one wants to win, but its the one that more than anyone can win, and the winner of this, the one who got more votes than anyone? Kazza
I've never been happier to give out an award (I especially love how none of the mods would vote on this, but I think we all know they wanted to vote more than anyone!!!

Seriously tho Kaz, happy Christmas mate!

The pessimist and optimist of the year are coming to collect there award together, I think thats the best way to do it...it's almost kinda romantic... and when we see the winners we can only guess on the offspring!!!
Now it should really be Nan and Heimdell winning these awards, but I actually think they'd get on... so who's going on the blind date?
Congratulations Lando and Lakes
Fly on the wall there would be different eh?

Please come back...
Now this is one where there can be no winner, some say Manhatton, some say Leon, some say all of them...
But it's the votes what counts... so Manhatton, you're the one eprson here weirder than me, so get your skinny a$$ back on the forum.

Joker of the year is my favourite award, as its the laughs what counts when it's all going wrong. Most of us go all moody, me included, but there is one person on here whose IQ won't allow him to get upset, so the 2009 Forrest Gump joker of the year award goes to... Andy_g (his avatar was all that was needed to win it)

Football poster of the year should be the most important award on a forum like this, but this is Newkit, and that's not how we roll... but it is an important award... the winner?
Big Mick Can't wait for his acceptance speech hehe, nice!

MODS AWARD:  I would like to give this to someone who frequently courts controversy on here, despite not always being allowed the luxury of true understanding:  Somebody who i have, in the past and will continue to, respect for a single act of humility that is indicative of the lads character, which few might have hesitated to emulate.  care of Red37

And it is for Lando Griffin.

Couple of stupid awards now:

For keeping the fit bird zone alive and kicking: dundalk!!!

Drunk of the Year: Number 9

romantic couple of the year: Festy and Judge, we can hear through the walls guys!!!

Man of the people 2009: Igor

Here come the girls! Nan and Cigs, always together, posting, keeping it kinky, we luv em!!!!

Now, the most important award of the evening, the Newkit member of the year 2009. Previous winner of this illustrious award include a lot of people I can't think of right now, but they're awesome.
The winner this year is always on, posts just as much in football chat as in general, and has been a great contributer to the site.
The winner is a happy poster, and to be honest is getting on a bit so needs this award to keep him happy.

Congratulations to

s@int Newkit member of the year 2009!!!!

OK, that's it, I can't be bothered to type anymore.
Happy New Year to all, I'm off to Glasgow to get so drunk I end up with a glaswegian bird, and we all know how drunk you gotta be to do that.

I will say tho, there are forums with more members, but there is no forum with better members. The good, the bad, the ugly. We're all here, and the core of us have been here for years... and that's a nice thing. Feck I sound like Springer.

Take care of yourselves, and each other

oh, one last award, picture of the year:

LATERZZZ and ting
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:26 am

Cracking post Dawson and thanks for the kind words and the wonderful awards ceremony. Do I get a trophy, or is it just a large cash prize and a night out with Natalie.
account deleted by request

Postby bigmick » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:46 am

Well done to S@int, richly deserved award :buttrock

Thanks also to the people who said some nice stuff about me in the other bit, much appreciated. I post here quite a lot (don't you all know it) so by the law of averages it has to be that they aren't all good, and my days aren't all good ones either. To that end I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise for the indisputable fact that I am a complete Nobhead on occasions and assure everyone whose t!ts I get on that it isn't intentional (with the possible exception of Lynd's obviously, and GYBS for entirely different reasons).

Thanks to all who use the forum and who have helped inadvertantly to keep me sane whilst I've been living in the land that time forgot. Thanks to the mods who do a good job by and large putting up with us lot, and a particular mention to Woof and Red 37, both of whom I've had wee fallouts with recently. Your both good blokes and one day perhaps I'll get the chance to tell you to your face over a beer. Love and peace to everyone and all that old b0ll0cks, be cool, Mick.
Last edited by bigmick on Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:46 am

As nice as it was winning the newcomer of the year award I have to decline the award given to me unfortunately. I am an alter ego and I thought most people knew that, therefore I am not a newcomer and recieving this award on a lie is something I cannot bring myself to do.

I must say I think S@int deserves his award, a b.loody good football poster who knows his stuff and is well balanced with his views on these boards and is someone I'd like to meet in person.

One last call to Manhatten Project who now posts on RAWK for reasons unbeknown to me (I think that forum is too congested and in turn pretty s.*i*e for footballing debate) to return, he has a weird and twisted humour that most people on this forum appreciate. Also Leon, I loved his dry wit and footballing opinion (when he posted it on here) I've spoken a couple of times with him via PM and the guy is sound, I'd like to meet up with him and have a beer sometime.

There are many many good football posters on here like Bigmick, Badbob, LFC2007, Ben Patrick aka AV, Scottbott, Saint, JBG (when he posts), Kharhaz, Conn O var, Effes, John Craig etc etc the list goes on and thats why I like coming back here.

Then you have the weird and wonderful like Dawson and Judge a pair of jesters that reside in residence that have me chuckling to myself and also Dundalk, I think this fella is a funny fecker too.

Special mention to two mods who I never got on with in the past but now see in a different light, BadBob and Red37 with their co-operation it feels good to be posting back on here and something I appreciate.

There are many other personalities also that keep this place ticking over and its a decent site although there seems to be two big divides on the footballing side but all is good.

People............... Its been emotional, take care and have a happy new year!
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:52 pm

made in UK wrote:I am an alter ego and I thought most people knew that, therefore I am not a newcomer and recieving this award on a lie is something I cannot bring myself to do.

Are you me fisherman friend, mate?
ConnO'var

Postby made in UK » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:49 pm

ConnO'var wrote:
made in UK wrote:I am an alter ego and I thought most people knew that, therefore I am not a newcomer and recieving this award on a lie is something I cannot bring myself to do.

Are you me fisherman friend, mate?

Oui  :;):  :D
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby made in UK » Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:54 pm

Hey Conn, talking of fish I went for a walk along the beach a couple of months back and found this Barra dead on the shore. The thing stank to high heaven and it was rather heavy--probably died of old age.

I caught this a few days later (a bit smaller)

made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby ConnO'var » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:34 pm

Holy mother mitra!

That's one big barra, mate.......

I have to haul me fat @rse down to your neck of the woods again. Dust off the old fly rod and do a spot of saltwater flyfishing. You anywhere near Ningaloo? I've been told the fishing there is out of this world.

Good to have you back btw.
ConnO'var

Postby dawson99 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 3:14 pm

Made in UK...who are you?

Woof told me that he did in fact name a baddie of the year, but hes too cool to be a klink...

hope you had fun all
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:54 am

what a load of sh'ite
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:36 am

Judge wrote:what a load of sh'ite

I actually think it's a beautiful fish.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:52 am

andy g celebrates his joker of year award with his mate :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:13 am

dawson99 wrote:Baddie of the year is one that no one wants to win, but its the one that more than anyone can win, and the winner of this, the one who got more votes than anyone? Kazza
I've never been happier to give out an award (I especially love how none of the mods would vote on this, but I think we all know they wanted to vote more than anyone!!!

Well since you have never won anything it gives me great pleasure in announcing that you have won the "gayest thread" of the year. :hearts

Well done as I always knew you had it in you.  :D
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:56 am

kazza wrote:
dawson99 wrote:Baddie of the year is one that no one wants to win, but its the one that more than anyone can win, and the winner of this, the one who got more votes than anyone? Kazza

Well since you have never won anything it gives me great pleasure in announcing that you have won the "gayest thread" of the year. :hearts

Well done as I always knew you had it in you:D

usually when he's bent over
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:18 pm

lol i will buy Lando a drink..............not say what i will put in it lol

in fact i will only buy half a drink as too him it will be half full.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum