New laptop - Feel like a f*ckwit

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Woollyback » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:29 am

i bought a new laptop today and (nice as it is) i can't type on it :blush: my old one (and the two before that as well) had black keys with white letters/numbers but this one has white keys with dark grey letters. i'm hoping i'll get used to it, otherwise i might have to pull all the keys off the old one and see if they fit on the new one :sniffle

has anyone else had this problem and does it go away after a bit? :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:47 am

Woollyback wrote:i bought a new laptop today and (nice as it is) i can't type on it :blush: my old one (and the two before that as well) had black keys with white letters/numbers but this one has white keys with dark grey letters. i'm hoping i'll get used to it, otherwise i might have to pull all the keys off the old one and see if they fit on the new one :sniffle

has anyone else had this problem and does it go away after a bit? :D

No cause i would not buy a white keyed laptop! :laugh:

But i did change from a normal keyboard to one of those  slimline jobs!The keys on my old one were much more easier to feel...it took a couple of weeks to get used to but its fine now!

Dont despair there are 2 things you can do:

Wear dark glasses when typing.

Or buy a black permanent marker and a Tipex pen,you can colour them all in and even write the letters in your own handwritting...how cool would that be!!

What make,model machine is it Wooly?
  ???
66-1120597113

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:49 am

inability to see keys is the first sign of senility my friend

(i just made that up)

:D
112-1077774096

Postby Woollyback » Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:57 am

BarryBelfast wrote:Wear dark glasses when typing.

i'm not that much of a c*nt to wear shades indoors :D

it's a sony vaio btw, as was my old one but the new one's a much better spec (80Gb hard drive, intel centrino and some other stuff i don't understand). the old one works fine but it had a celeron processor which meant the battery went flat in about 10 minutes and it got so hot the fan was on all the time and sounded like a feckin hoover it was that loud :wwww

the old one is now going to stay at home for mrs woolly & little woolly jnr where battery life isn't a problem, the new one will get a battering from being used for work all he time
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1120597113 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:02 am

Woollyback wrote:

it's a sony vaio btw, as was my old one but the new one's a much better spec (80Gb hard drive, intel centrino and some other stuff i don't understand). the old one works fine but it had a celeron processor which meant the battery went flat in about 10 minutes and it got so hot the fan was on all the time and sounded like a feckin hoover it was that loud :wwww

the old one is now going to stay at home for mrs woolly & little woolly jnr where battery life isn't a problem, the new one will get a battering from being used for work all he time

They are said to be up there with the best laptops...look the part as well!

You'll get used to the keys in time.
But if you dont want it you can post it to me free of charge of course! :D
66-1120597113

Postby Woollyback » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:02 am

peewee wrote:inability to see keys is the first sign of senility my friend

(i just made that up)

:D

no, it's the sign of chronic masturbation (according to smeg :D )

i've actually cut down on my 2 worst vices - smoking and masturbation. it's been hell as i used to be a 40-a-day man.

i smoked like a chimney as well :D
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sun Oct 01, 2006 1:05 am

BarryBelfast wrote:
Woollyback wrote:

They are said to be up there with the best laptops...look the part as well!

You'll get used to the keys in time.
But if you dont want it you can post it to me free of charge of course! :D

you can have it free of charge if you want, just as long as you pay the postage of £6000 (+vat  :D )
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum