Need some advise - About car ownership

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:37 pm

My sister has been living with a lad for about 8 month now. They decided they wanted a car so they went and bought a 2005 Golf GTi off a fella and everything was good! She paid for it (got the proof of the money leaving her account) she taxed it and she paid the insurance for her and her fella to drive it, however HE put his name on the log book.

They have since split up and she has kicked him out and he has taken the car, leaving her and 3 month old child without transport. He claims cos his name is on the log book the car is his despite not paying a penny towards it.

now we can get the car back, if ya know what I mean (a bit of force and a scarborough warning) but we need to make sure who stands where first.

Anyone know where she stands?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:43 pm

Get it back by persuasive means then apply for a new log book (in her name) stating it was lost. He could try and claim that it was nicked to the police but they would just probabaly tell him to PO
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:48 pm

If he's got his name down a the registered keeper (owner) then you're sisters b'uggered mate. Even if you can "recover" the car, as long as he's down as the registerd keeper he can alway claim your sisters stolen the car from him.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Lando_Griffin » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:03 pm

The registered keeper is the legal owner. However, Small claims court will probably side with your sister if she can prove she paid for it. Failing that, they would perhaps force him to sell it and split the proceeds.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:08 pm

cheers guys. what a sh!tty situation to be in though poor lass. She lives out in the sticks and has the young baby - he's a tool.

the fellas a tool , not the baby  :laugh:
Last edited by Roger Red Hat on Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:23 pm

What a Tw@t .... I genuinely admire your patience and restraint Lee because I personally would still be stamping on the f*ckers face
what an obnoxious little ingrate .... tell your Sister she is well shut of the pr*ck and then douse the :censored: car in battery acid
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:29 pm

Im with RBG, sounds like the guy needs some contact counselling
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:30 pm

you should call a couple of hard, pipe-hitting scousers to go to work on the homes there with a pair of pliers and a blow torch
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:40 pm

does he have a flag you could burn?

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:43 pm

lol I dont want him killing ! ha ha nice ideas lads. very tempting too. I'm playing it cool, he hasn't laid a finger on her and cars can be replaced.

although, my patience is starting to wear out a little at a time.

thing is, he had nothing but debts when he met her. She had a few quid stuck away and mum and dad helped out as they do. He cleared his debt. Then Dad built 3 houses and when she fell pregnant he was trying to rent 2 of them out so he did the right thing and said - you 2 and the baby will live there as long as you want. So that was a 4 bed detached house in a rural location for free and he still treats her like this.

she's gorgeous ( no, I aint putting her pic on here either!!) too

so at 21 years old he had gorgeous girlfriend, baby, 4 bed detached house in countryside, nice Golf GTi and no debts - and he STILL acted like a cu.nt.
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:25 pm

Is he paying child support?  If he can't manage that couldn't a court demand he hand over the car if your sis can prove she paid for it?
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:30 pm

good point bad bob - I'll look into that.

someone here has just said the name on the log book is not the owner, just the registered keeper. If she can prove with a a receipt that she paid for it then it's hers.
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:42 pm

Exactly what others have said - small claims court. Go to the citizens advice bureaux and explain your situation, they will in turn recommend a solicitor who can offer legal aid (last time I checked you will get 2hrs free). From there build a case, the evidence seems extremely weighted in your sisters favour.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:15 pm

Lee J wrote:good point bad bob - I'll look into that.

someone here has just said the name on the log book is not the owner, just the registered keeper. If she can prove with a a receipt that she paid for it then it's hers.

:nod

The registered keeper isn't necessarily the legal owner and so as long as the car wasn't a gift from your sister to her ex, and if you are able to prove the transaction between your sister and the previous owner, you'll have a sound case.
LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:24 pm

Put a banana in his tailpipe. :D
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum