My big liverpool heart - Youll neeeeeever walk alonnnnnnnnnnneeee

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby cheesecakery » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:37 pm

Recently in this forum I've had all sorts thrown in my direction. 

Some have tried to deny me the right to be part of the greatest footballing democracy in the world.  A club that was born from the proud sacrifices of thousands of Irish imigrants that left their beloved Ireland to seek a better more and a prosperous life in the greatest sea port in the world.   

For once upon a time Liverpool was the gateway to the new world, the place that maintained and upheld the total wealth and dominance of the British Empire.  The city that brought the delights and the riches of the commonwelth of great nations to British shores.  Here many of my kin folk went in search of the basic human aspirations.  The sought,their humanity, their right to life, their right to eat and their right to work and earn food to feed their children. Most importantly they sought a chance of a brighter and better future. They came and help build a small sea port into a city that all the world would come to honour.   

Liverpool offered Irishmen and women the freedom their own country could not give them. From this influx was born names such as Lennon and McCartney. But most importantly form these masses of Irish imigrants were born the foundations of two great football clubs. One that would one day rival any in its own land and one that would teach nations what football should and could be a conquerer of nations. 

The team born to conquer the sporting world would rely on its birth right of Irish, Scottish and Welsh imigrants who would augment, the indigenous masses of hardworking Anglo Saxon stock and togather they would build a great legacy of a city, Culture and sporting success.

But this clubs greatest hour would be born from the belief and conviction of humble Ayrshire miner.  A man who having worked his young life in darkness of the coal mines in the same place that great men and great reformers such as Kier Hardie where born. This miner was destined to lead millions of dreamers out of the darkest pits and into the brightest of light.

This Little man who had played for or managed Carlisle, Preston North End, Grimsby, Workington and Huddersfield would make the dreams of poor Liverpool factory workers and Liverpool dockers come true. 

He left his home of Glenbuck and delivered to the people of Liverpool his promise of the greatest football club in the world. He met his standards and delivered on his word.  He gave many of us our dreams and we honoured him, rightly.  Bill Shankly was truly the greatest ever football manager and he set the standard that all those who came after himwould follow.  He made promises and then, to his word he honoured them.  Those who were old enough here, knew him well, those of us, like me remember only his greatness, I have only memories of a straight talking little Scotch man, that made me love football.  I suppose my memories play tricks and thats why I like G. Strachan so much.  I long for the candid and witty genius that was Bill Shankly.

I was an 8 years old boy many miles away in Belfast when he hung his boots up in July 1974.  I cried more tears that day
than ever in my life and perhaps more than many of you who think your more entitled to be a Liverpool fan than me. 

I have cried many more tears both for joy and with great great sadness.

I have been told that I have no right to belong on the streets of Liverpool they are not my streets, more importantly for me I have been told that I don't belong in the stands of my beloved Anfield. If this was true how many outsiders would not belong,  I have stood in the Kop on great European nights and I have been there for both victories and defeats as have so many of you and yet someone tells me I don't belong.  I have met hundreds and thousands of die hard Liverpool fans, I've met ex players and coaches even an ex manager not one of them in my 30 years as a fan and supporter has ever told me I don't belong.  Shame on those who do.

More importantly I'll be back there in a fortnights time, should anyone think I don't belong just Look out for the big Irishman with the liverpool badge on his heart you come and you try to stop me.
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby supersub » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:42 pm

And where did you steal this post from cheesie ?
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby cheesecakery » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:43 pm

you cheeky get ! i was up all night thinking of that
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby greenred » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:51 pm

you cheeky git cheesy,its big Al`s post.Stu had claimed Irish people werent wanted in Liverpool and Al was defending himself.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Fri Jun 18, 2004 1:53 pm

greenred wrote:you cheeky git cheesy,its big Al`s post.Stu had claimed Irish people werent wanted in Liverpool and Al was defending himself.

No it isnt , if you look at the dates it was posted youll find Big Al copied me and hes winding you up , you always look at the bad side dont you?
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:00 pm

CHEESY YOU SAD LOSER, I USED TO TOLERATE YOU CUS I THOUGHT YOU WERE AMUSING, NOW I KNOW YOU ARE A PATHETIC LITTLE MANC VIRGIN, WEIGHING IN AT A MASSIVE EIGHT STONE AND STANDING 4FT9IN IN PLATFORMS WITH MORE EARINGS THAN PAT BUTCHER AND PIERCED NOSE AND EYEBROW, IN YOUR RIPPED JEANS, CAP ON BACK TO FRONT IN AN ACID TOP, WEARING DUNLOP GREEN FLASH, SITTING IN SOME SHITTY SEEDY LITTLE OFFICE SOMEWHERE OVERLOOKING THE LOCAL SCHOOL PERVING AT SCHOOL KIDS AND LAUGHING AT YOUR OWN JOKES AND YOUR PATHETIC ATTEMPTS TO MOCK PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM.

F U  C K   O F F  YOU SAD LITTLE MAN.

P.S. BigAl, remember immitation is the highest form of flattery.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:02 pm

Leonmc0708 wrote:CHEESY YOU SAD LOSER, I USED TO TOLERATE YOU CUS I THOUGHT YOU WERE AMUSING, NOW I KNOW YOU ARE A PATHETIC LITTLE MANC VIRGIN, WEIGHING IN AT A MASSIVE EIGHT STONE AND STANDING 4FT9IN IN PLATFORMS WITH MORE EARINGS THAN PAT BUTCHER AND PIERCED NOSE AND EYEBROW, IN YOUR RIPPED JEANS, CAP ON BACK TO FRONT IN AN ACID TOP, WEARING DUNLOP GREEN FLASH, SITTING IN SOME SHITTY SEEDY LITTLE OFFICE SOMEWHERE OVERLOOKING THE LOCAL SCHOOL PERVING AT SCHOOL KIDS AND LAUGHING AT YOUR OWN JOKES AND YOUR PATHETIC ATTEMPTS TO MOCK PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM.

F U  C K   O F F  YOU SAD LITTLE MAN.

P.S. BigAl, remember immitation is the highest form of flattery.

oh yes you with only 915 posts to your name  :D

pfuuufff :D
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby simic_ie » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:03 pm

Cheeso, as soon as I see the post was more than about 3 lines I  was wondering where you robbed it from, then I realised I knew the post form somewhere and now thanks to Greenred I know.... go away and write something heartfelt and thoughtful yourself. :D
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby cheesecakery » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:05 pm

simic_ie wrote:Cheeso, as soon as I see the post was more than about 3 lines I  was wondering where you robbed it from, then I realised I knew the post form somewhere and now thanks to Greenred I know.... go away and write something heartfelt and thoughtful yourself. :D

oh ok then
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:17 pm

simic_ie wrote:go away

I'll second that.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:44 pm

Stop picking on Cheesecakery :D  I Reckon he posted that himself and poured his heart and soul into it :D  maybe.....

Prove me wrong people !!
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby Leonmc0708 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:46 pm

JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:51 pm

Bloody Hell your right :(

Big Al did copy of Cheesecakery then :D I never expected that from him i am so dissapointed :(
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby cheesecakery » Fri Jun 18, 2004 5:08 pm

Dom1 wrote:Bloody Hell your right :(

Big Al did copy of Cheesecakery then :D I never expected that from him i am so dissapointed :(

thankyou , i rest my case , told you i was innocent ,
thanks Dom for sticking by me thru thick and thin as we travel lifes heighways on a roller coaster ,
My mate DOM , hes a good un
ARF ARF
cheesecakery

Postby Dom1 » Fri Jun 18, 2004 6:45 pm

:D  Thankyou  old buddy ol pal  :D
Ure a good man ureself  :D  (im not 100% on the man bit, no offense)
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Next

Return to General Chat Forum