Music albums

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:01 am

Just listened to Definitely Maybe last night. What an album  :)

What albums have you dusted down recently and thought "F#ck me, i forgot how good this is!!" ???
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mynameisred » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:03 am

Nas -Illmatic, Such a classic.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:04 am

Definitely Maybe.  Absolute class.  I've seen Oasis five times live.  Love them.

Keane's new album is good, as is Franz Ferdinand's.

As for old album's, Mother Nature Calls by Cast is one you can sit back to, I find.

Also Different Class by Pulp.

I'll stop now or I'll be here listing them all day. :D  :D
jonnymac1979

Postby mynameisred » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:07 am

Hijack - the horns of Jericho, anyone got that.
The man who came to merseyside from Newcastle, the man who says he's part of Liverpool as much as the Liver building. When he was needed Alan Kennedy was there. And with now just 8 minutes to go it could be that Alan Kennedy has made a little history.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:10 am

the best band around at the moment are a band called "the music". absolutely f#ckin class. a modern version of led zepellin. they've got a new album out this week! :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mynameisred » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:12 am

The problem is one of genres. Im into hip hop, soul, funk and jazz whilst yous lot are into indie.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:14 am

mynameisred wrote:The problem is one of genres. Im into hip hop, soul, funk and jazz whilst yous lot are into indie.

Yeah, always have been.

There hasn't been as many decent bands around as there is now for about ten years.
jonnymac1979

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:16 am

i'm not into a particular "type" of music. i'm just into music in general. i'm in a band. basically, if it's a good song i like it, regardless of who sings it.

personally, i love mowtown music. stevie wonder, marvin gaye, aretha franklin. love it. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mynameisred » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:20 am

Nice I love Stevie Wonder and Marv too. Hows about Curtis Mayfield? I love Bob Marley stuff too. No Im not a wigga with a rasta complex either.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:22 am

bob marley is an absolute legend. anyone who can smoke that much and still sing in tune is top notch in my view! :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby mynameisred » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:25 am

Wasnt his last ever concert in Liverpool. I think it may have been. I think he died on the plane on the flight back to the U.S.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:35 am

actually listened to "songs in the key of life" by stevie wonder the other day aswell. one of the best albums of all time if you ask me. almost faultless.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby JBG » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:38 am

Oasis=Manc ****** (even though they're of the light blue persuasion).

Myself I love everything that sounds good to my ear, from Johnny Cash to Slipknot, from Korn to Ludacris, from The Neptunes/N.E.R.D to System of a Down.

System of a Down, Slipknot and Korn....I bet none of ye wouldn't have thought of that!  :D
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby taff » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:40 am

stmichael wrote:bob marley is an absolute legend. anyone who can smoke that much and still sing in tune is top notch in my view! :D

I was watching Prodigy in Glastonbury when sone Rastas walked past going skunk sesnsie Bob Marley smoked it and it made him a great singer man  :D

Well with that sales pitch it was rude not to buy some  :cool:
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mynameisred » Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:42 am

Stevie Wonders early stuff was amazing and is looked over far too much. Living for the city is an amazing tune as is Higher ground. Brilliant.
mynameisred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum