Mods - Wtf

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:57 am

What was spam about it I made a comment about the post above and the same user found it funny

I actually found your comment quite funny BUT as it immediately followed Kazza's post (which already contained a couple of quotes) did your post really need to quote them all again ?.

It is weird though that you guys don't delete the blatantly abusive posts, like the one mentioned above, surely a post with "get to feck" doesn't really add much to the debate does it?

Certainly doesn't . I don't read every post in the forum , send me a link and I'll delete it.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby heimdall » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:57 am

Dazzer wrote:
heimdall wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Have you ever bothered to read the forums regulations or taken any notice of a civil request to all members to refrain from excessive multiquotes (russian dolls) ?.

You consider my pm to you a threat ? all I can say is you're apparently easily threatend.

Apart from spamming up the forum I see you've chosen to post a my PM about abusing my tolerance. Ironic really.

It is weird though that you guys don't delete the blatantly abusive posts, like the one mentioned above, surely a post with "get to feck" doesn't really add much to the debate does it?

Its a witch hunt heidmall he don't like what I talk about or is bored.

Or needs a ego boost I heard hookers are good for that.

Let me have a guess though was the "Get to feck" post from a prorafalite.

You see certain people have virtual immunity on this forum and can do whatever the hell they want whereas other people are under the microscope and get punished for the slightest transgression. Oh well that is life I guess, I still enjoy the forum, you just have to accept it's unfair and tread carefully.
heimdall

Postby Dazzer » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:58 am

heimdall wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Reminder

Don't know about you lot but I and others are sick and tired of the russian doll multiple quotes that infest the forum.

Sure , when you're responding to a post you may want to include some reference to posts that have gone before BUT do you really need to include 4-5-6-7 previous references ?

It's usually down to a couple of members having a ding dong, throwing sh'ite backwards and forwards or just a member who can't be ar'sed to edit quotes and doesn't give a sh'it about the spam their shovelling on with their responses.

Mods will have no hesitation in editing such posts and in the more extreme circumstances deleting a post completely.

So do us ALL a favour lads 'cause it's f'ucking tiresome, try and limit the number of quotes you reference

Thanx

Can't you guys set up an automatic rule which doesn't allow more than 4 quotes inside a Russian doll, I would have thought that woud be quite easy to put into the php logic if it isn't an option already. Who's the admin for this site?

Thing I don't understand tho thier was posts with 4-5-6 quotes in a row and they get left alone I do one on the 5th which was in respect to the other posts and I get kick in balls for it.Just like ReFs in football woof a mod has to be consistent and really pay the rules down for every one or the rules don't work.Don't be angry at me for being angry my post was delete look back at how this happened and put things in place to stop it happening agian.That is the key and like I said before some correspondence to what the hell was going on would have niped this in the butt before it even turned into a problem.

Also I like to still know reason for my card or was that a personal thing as well ?  :oops:
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:01 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
What was spam about it I made a comment about the post above and the same user found it funny

I actually found your comment quite funny BUT as it immediately followed Kazza's post (which already contained a couple of quotes) did your post really need to quote them all again ?.

Certainly doesn't . I don't read every post in the forum , send me a link and I'll delete it.

Oh I'm sorry in the past when I have sent examples of abusive posts I have been told to stop whinging by the mods so it is kind of tricky Woof.

You cannot seriously be saying that you don't notice all the abusive posts flying around at the moment, yet nothing is done about them, they don't get deleted.

Yesterday I recived a very unpleasant PM telling me to feck off back to Norway you Norwegian %&#%. Who do I report this kind of PM too or are PM's open to any kind of abuse?
heimdall

Postby Dazzer » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:01 pm

woof woof ! wrote:

Woof can you not understand alot of us forget about this rule since it is new and hasn't sunk in yet ?

Also if you just sent me a quick PM saying what you have done and reasons I might not be so upset ?

I know being a mod isn't easy but if you don't have the time to be doing it properly , should you be taking on such a task ?

A PM can take 30 seconds to write and really help explain reasons for your actions.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:04 pm

Dazzer wrote:
heimdall wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Reminder

Don't know about you lot but I and others are sick and tired of the russian doll multiple quotes that infest the forum.

Sure , when you're responding to a post you may want to include some reference to posts that have gone before BUT do you really need to include 4-5-6-7 previous references ?

It's usually down to a couple of members having a ding dong, throwing sh'ite backwards and forwards or just a member who can't be ar'sed to edit quotes and doesn't give a sh'it about the spam their shovelling on with their responses.

Mods will have no hesitation in editing such posts and in the more extreme circumstances deleting a post completely.

So do us ALL a favour lads 'cause it's f'ucking tiresome, try and limit the number of quotes you reference

Thanx

Can't you guys set up an automatic rule which doesn't allow more than 4 quotes inside a Russian doll, I would have thought that woud be quite easy to put into the php logic if it isn't an option already. Who's the admin for this site?

Thing I don't understand tho thier was posts with 4-5-6 quotes in a row and they get left alone I do one on the 5th which was in respect to the other posts and I get kick in balls for it.Just like ReFs in football woof a mod has to be consistent and really pay the rules down for every one or the rules don't work.Don't be angry at me for being angry my post was delete look back at how this happened and put things in place to stop it happening agian.That is the key and like I said before some correspondence to what the hell was going on would have niped this in the butt before it even turned into a problem.

Also I like to still know reason for my card or was that a personal thing as well ?  :oops:

To be fair to the mods, it's not easy to be impartial because they aren't impartial. The majority of the mods don't like my views therefore they are more likely to punish me or you, I think we share the same view on a few things, than for example someone who they agree with and like. That is just human nature but as the saying goes "with great power comes great responsibility" and some of the mods can sometimes get a bit carried away.

All in all though I think the mods do a pretty good job but there is always room for improvement.
heimdall

Postby aCe' » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:06 pm

lets not get over ANALytical about this....

we move on, have a game coming up... pointless the whole thing now...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:07 pm

Dazzer wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:

Woof can you not understand alot of us forget about this rule since it is new and hasn't sunk in yet ?

Also if you just sent me a quick PM saying what you have done and reasons I might not be so upset ?

I know being a mod isn't easy but if you don't have the time to be doing it properly , should you be taking on such a task ?

A PM can take 30 seconds to write and really help explain reasons for your actions.

Dazzer for mod, you have my vote mate. :D

Again I think it would be a great idea to have mod elections, democracy is good at the moment there is not one mod who is an anti despite a huge chunk of this forum being anti's.
heimdall

Postby Dazzer » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:07 pm

heimdall wrote:To be fair to the mods, it's not easy to be impartial because they aren't impartial. The majority of the mods don't like my views therefore they are more likely to punish me or you, I think we share the same view on a few things, than for example someone who they agree with and like. That is just human nature but as the saying goes "with great power comes great responsibility" and some of the mods can sometimes get a bit carried away.

All in all though I think the mods do a pretty good job but there is always room for improvement.

O yes I do agree 100% no doubts , but its about letting people know why things have been done.Or else people get the wrong idea don't they ?

also if it was said only 4 quotes max is ok I am sure that is a rule people can live by but 4-5-6-7-8 wtf is that ment to mean ? do 4 but 5 ooo you pushing it or 6 I gonna get the beating sticks out and 7 is bullet to the head and 8 no one has got that far ?

Why does it have to be like that when if you say 4 people know there limit.  ???
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Dazzer » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:12 pm

Also I have been carded for what god knows ?

Yet to be put in the Sin Bin ?

Its a joke a bloody joke.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:16 pm

Dazzer wrote:Also I have been carded for what god knows ?

You were carded for posting a PM I think, that is a straight card every time, actually for me that offense usually carries a penalty of immediate ban.  :sniffle
heimdall

Postby Dazzer » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:18 pm

heimdall wrote:
Dazzer wrote:Also I have been carded for what god knows ?

You were carded for posting a PM I think, that is a straight card every time, actually for me that offense usually carries a penalty of immediate ban.  :sniffle

But it was a PM from a mod ? with a threat in it ? Surely its ok to post a PM from a mod or did I miss that part in the rules ?

Not like he was telling me his address or any thing ?

So am I right you can't be carded from sending abusive PMs ? or any sort of PM ?  :devil:

Well the post is EDITED now so I should have my card taken away.  :grinning:
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:20 pm

heimdall wrote:Oh I'm sorry in the past when I have sent examples of abusive posts I have been told to stop whinging by the mods so it is kind of tricky Woof.

You cannot seriously be saying that you don't notice all the abusive posts flying around at the moment, yet nothing is done about them, they don't get deleted.

Yesterday I recived a very unpleasant PM telling me to feck off back to Norway you Norwegian %&#%. Who do I report this kind of PM too or are PM's open to any kind of abuse?

It is tricky Heimdall. Whilst we are trying to keep a lid on the level of abuse that is sometimes bandied about at the same time we don't want to turn the forum into a sunday school .

As far as receiving abusive PM's is concerned
The posting of a Private Message (PM) without the consent of the PM’s author (But note that unacceptably abusive or inappropriate PMs can and should be forwarded to the mods)

If however you feel the moderators are less than sympathetic to your complaint you can of course via your address book simply block any member from sending you pm's .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Dazzer » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:22 pm

woof woof ! wrote:
heimdall wrote:Oh I'm sorry in the past when I have sent examples of abusive posts I have been told to stop whinging by the mods so it is kind of tricky Woof.

It is tricky Heimdall. Whilst we are trying to keep a lid on the level of abuse that is sometimes bandied about at the same time we don't want to turn the forum into a sunday school .

As far as receiving abusive PM's is concerned
The posting of a Private Message (PM) without the consent of the PM’s author (But note that unacceptably abusive or inappropriate PMs can and should be forwarded to the mods)

If however you feel the moderators are less than sympathetic to your complaint you can of course via your address book simply block any member from sending you pm's .

So what you are saying is I should ban you from all posts because you threatened me ?  :laugh: ( unlike you with me I like alot of stuff you post so this would be counter productive don't you think)

Come on woof woof stop the silly games lad take the card away.  :eyebrow

Plus I edited it now due to my knowlage that its sort of a no no.

Don't be so anal about every thing.

at the same time we don't want to turn the forum into a sunday school

Then stop modding like a teacher woof and have a laugh and please if I do a russia doll post it really isn't to pee you off its just that I forgot please just send me PM and I will edit it my self.
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby Ciggy » Sat Nov 28, 2009 12:34 pm

I have two questions.

1. Whats the average age of members in this topic?

2. Dazzer are you LegBarnes?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum