Mods - Re sabre

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:56 pm

Sabre all i see happening when he comes back is the whole thing kicking off again with peewee probably getting a complete ban, i agree that a cooling off period for peewee was needed but you where not the person to do it.

if you cant see that then
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Postby metalhead » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:25 pm

I think everyone needs to cool off, have a beer and start talking on how liverpool will beat psv tommorow.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:30 pm

metalhead wrote:I think everyone needs to cool off, have a beer and start talking on how liverpool will beat psv tommorow.

ooooooh yes :buttrock
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dward » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:54 pm

metalhead wrote:I think everyone needs to cool off, have a beer and start talking on how liverpool will beat psv tommorow.

Amen! :cool:
dward
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:05 am

supersub wrote:just to let you know,peewee's ban will be lifted tomorrow.Hopefully this ridiculous state of affairs will have come to an end and we can get on with the rest of our lives.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm  ???

Care to explain why you deem it necessary to ban Peewee for a day and not remove the rights to post of others involved ?

You can lock threads if you wish but removing the voice of an aggrieved party whilst allowing others who are involved further opportunity to comment is not helpful IMO.

Poor judgement .................
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:28 am

Care to explain why you deem it necessary to ban Peewee for a day and not remove the rights to post of others involved ?

You can lock threads if you wish but removing the voice of an aggrieved party whilst allowing others who are involved further opportunity to comment is not helpful IMO.

Since I took the decission and suggested the 24h ban, I feel it's me who has to explain you that, Dalglish.

I've decided to ban him as a temporary measure after trying every other method to chill down the problem. Based on this rules

http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=17373

I bear in mind. Yesterday we tried a reconciliation, and to lock a thread in order to lead the debate to football again. But unfortunately that hasn't been enough and I've been abused as I have never been in a forum never.

Being accused of something you haven't done repeteadly is OTT. It's difficult to prove that you haven't done something, so the mere fact that he thought I backstabbed him doesn't put me in the position to give explanations when there's not a single fact to back the claiming.

If you do so while you insult, you're breaking repeteadly the rules.

Sorry to answer you the question when you addressed supersub, but since I took the decission, I can't hide. Of course the other mods can back me or they can refuse to back me. I'm old enough to accept people have a different opinion, and I'm ready to hear I was mistaken.

But you have a point, why I am not removed the right to post?

The answer is simple. If someone thinks I've broken that rules repeteadly, I feel my fellow mods must give me warnings aswell, and even ban me if they deem it necessary. I'm ready to accept such a decission, but that precise matter, it's not up to me.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:32 am

fuck me, this is getting boring now  :sleepy:
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:49 am

adamnbarrett wrote:fuck me, this is getting boring now  :sleepy:

Well don't read it then ! Its not rocket science  :p

In answer to Sabre ..........

Because SS chose to post clarification on Peewee's temporary ban I misunderstood who had actually banned him and I have to say I'm surprised that it's actually yourself who has chosen to do so  :Oo:

It would have been IMO more beneficial to either LOCK or DELETE the thread (Both of which I understand you have powers to do as a Mod ? ) rather than to publicly huniliate Peewee further by banning him.

I don't think it is wise to allow the MOD who he has obviously had problems with the power to ban him. You must see that it is a gross error of judgement ?
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:55 am

The reason this whole topic has got out of hand is simple. The reason why Peewee was removed as a mod. He posted messages that Sabre was supposed to have sent. I have no malice towards any of the mods on this site ,however, the fact that nothing can be proved, and the fact that nothing has been said as to why Peewee was removed as a mod is a complete mystery. For me personally id like to leave this sort of rubbish to the press but the fact this is happening on this very site is disheartening, at this moment its Peewee its happened to but it could so easily have been someone else that it happened to. I am simply someone who puts forward his own opinion with regards to the mighty reds, or indeed my simple humble opinion, however I do feel something very wrong in what has happened. I feel like many others that Peewee did a good job, im no personal friend of his, I dont even know if he truly is a "HE"! but all I know is how hes been treated by the people in charge of this site, and from what I can gather its totally wrong, hes asked for an explanation as to why hes been removed from his position so im guessing he doesnt mind it being broadcasted on this site. If it is really a case of people yawning and the truth never coming out then I guess what I said in my last post would be right.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby adamnbarrett » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:57 am

Dalglish wrote:
adamnbarrett wrote:fuck me, this is getting boring now  :sleepy:

Well don't read it then ! Its not rocket science  :p

I didn't I read the big poll one the other day then say this one and thought argh no not again  :D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:59 am

I don't think it is wise to allow the MOD who he has obviously had problems with the power to ban him. You must see that it is a gross error of judgement ?

No, not really. We can go to any forum around the world, insult the mod, and see what happens. It won't take 2 days to be banned and you're likely to be banned by the precise mod you're insulting.

The only problem I had with Peewee is that he insulted me and accused me. If anyone can quote something, public, or private that shows that I didn't want him as a mod, please show it.

We can lock and delete threads, yes. We tried that approach yesterday, locking, rather than deleting, so that the people could still see what a shame of discussion WE had.

After the lock, I went to post a new thread about LFC awards to give points to the player. He follows me there and not to give points. And this morning we have this thread. So I don't think locking or deleting would work (in my experience) since he's decided not to stop it. I make this claim based on what you can read in this thread.

Of course I respect you say it's poor judgement. I don't think so.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:11 am

Sabre wrote:

No, not really. We can go to any forum around the world, insult the mod, and see what happens. It won't take 2 days to be banned and you're likely to be banned by the precise mod you're insulting.

The only problem I had with Peewee is that he insulted me and accused me. If anyone can quote something, public, or private that shows that I didn't want him as a mod, please show it.

We can lock and delete threads, yes. We tried that approach yesterday, locking, rather than deleting, so that the people could still see what a shame of discussion WE had.

After the lock, I went to post a new thread about LFC awards to give points to the player. He follows me there and not to give points. And this morning we have this thread. So I don't think locking or deleting would work (in my experience) since he's decided not to stop it. I make this claim based on what you can read in this thread.

Of course I respect you say it's poor judgement. I don't think so.

Hi Sabre,

If your going to quote me can you include the WHOLE post please instead of just a soundbite.

Thanks for your clarification and taking the time to explain your actions.

I'm not getting involved on the semantics of who said what and why except to say that a lot more could have been done before resorting to such draconian measures.

It was obvious to anyone who read the threads you mentioned that the decision to relieve Peewee of the Mods role was the catalyst that led to Peewee's increasingly irrational behaviour on here but a lack of explanation and reasons why made a difficult situation worse.

Lets not kid ourselves here, we both know that Peter is unlikely to return after what he says as a very public reprimend and the forum is poorer for that.
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:14 am

Ok, I've read your post.

From now on I'll quote all your post. It's not meant as disrespect, it's an old practice of the internet forums (economy and easier to read and spotting the main point to argue).

Sorry, I didn't consider it might bother you and won't happen again.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:22 am

Well, for what it's worth I want to say that I think peewee has been very unfairly treated....
and perhaps he didn't help himself, but I can understand his frustration.

He wanted to know the truth and not getting the answers only aggravated the situation for him.

I reckon he needed to get it out of his system by starting up this thread.

It's a great shame that it has reached this conclusion.

But I can understand his frustration and I think he had a right to air his opinion about the turn of events and the lack of answers.
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Tue Apr 03, 2007 2:31 am

shanks72 wrote:Well, for what it's worth I want to say that I think peewee has been very unfairly treated....
and perhaps he didn't help himself, but I can understand his frustration.

He wanted to know the truth and not getting the answers only aggravated the situation for him.

I reckon he needed to get it out of his system by starting up this thread.

It's a great shame that it has reached this conclusion.

But I can understand his frustration and I think he had a right to air his opinion about the turn of events and the lack of answers.

Spot on! He was only pushing for answers which in my opinion - he didnt get. If staff complain and voice that they think a supervisor might not be up to the job...they at least give them a chance to prove them wrong.

So now hes kicked off for 24 hrs. Nothing against you sabre, but  that was fly! Mod or not , that shouldnt have been you, its only adding fuel to an already big fire, especially as he already thought you were gloating at his ill treatment.

Feel for him , he cared about the forum and hes been here since the dinasaurs -I hope he returns too.
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum