Mod accountability - Do we need an appeal/review committee ?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Judge » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:56 am

bigmick wrote:It's an interesting idea saint but not one that works I don't think. Thanks for giving me a mention in the topic starter for instance, but I definately have finished with all forms of modding and wouldn't touch any responsibility with a ten foot dildo, and i have plenty of them.

:D  @ mick

theyre probably a bunch of middle class muesli eaters anyway :D
Last edited by Judge on Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:57 am

speak of the devil

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:58 am

museli ??? why would anyone ever eat that ?? :p
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:59 am

GYBS wrote:museli ??? why would anyone ever eat that ?? :p

:laugh:  :laugh:
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:01 am

more of a frosted shreddies man myself  :p
Last edited by GYBS on Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:02 am

Judge wrote:
bigmick wrote:It's an interesting idea saint but not one that works I don't think. Thanks for giving me a mention in the topic starter for instance, but I definately have finished with all forms of modding and wouldn't touch any responsibility with a ten foot dildo, and i have plenty of them.

Judgie you are the undisputed master of that quote thing you fecker so I know full well I'm beat, and I'll fold  :D
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:04 am

andy_g wrote:how about the mods open up their secret area for a day of guided tours and let all us mortals have a look around? kind of like the anfield tour but with less trophies and more whips and chains. i've heard the mods jacuzzi is massive and they have their own troupe of lesbian ninja dancing zebras.

:D , For some reason the words " keys, bananna plantation, monkeys and give" spring to mind.

GYBS.in answer to your question
when it comes to issuing cards or bans etc do the mods have a chat about it or is it down to that one mod ?

Cards, suspensions and bans are generally discussed, although due to having a life outside of the forum all mods are not always present. An individual mods intention to issue a card is usually immediately reported to other mods.

Also, always discussed, is the re-admittance of banned/suspended members and the rescinding of cards.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby GYBS » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:07 am

Thats cool - cheers woof . :)

I dont think everyone can be pleased no matter what mods do or dont do and people just got to realise they do what they think is best for forum and being a mod is pretty much a poisoned chalice and i think most mods are doing it as a favour to the forum and its not there prime job.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:23 am

bigmick wrote:It's an interesting idea saint but not one that works I don't think. Thanks for giving me a mention in the topic starter for instance, but I definately have finished with all forms of modding and wouldn't touch any responsibility with a ten foot barge pole.

I know many thought Woof was out of order for his banning of the guy the other day. I didn't FWIW, I just think he was a bit harsh. Not the same as being out of order, perhaps Woof is human after all and made a mistake. As it was the guy was banned for a week or so so it didn't do any harm, and I've long felt that timed bans are the way to go. People should be warned and then given a ban for a couple of weeks to cool down. None of this "lifetime ban" stuff and then letting them come back, as it only serves to p!ss of other members of which Ciggy is a good example.

I actually think the mods do a very good job. My only gripeis that they post less on football because they are sorting out nonsense. Also IMHO one or two members are allowed to patrol the boards rarely if ever posting about football but simply on a wind up mission, with inanities, insults and silliness being their stock in trade. That though is simply my opinion, and I don't think they'd be my biggest fans either.

I think you are probably right mate, my original post wasn't meant as a .... "this is the way forward post", but rather as a starter for discussion, unfortunately as often happens its taken wing and flown in a slightly different direction.

While I have no doubt that Maypax will live to tell the tale mate, that wasn't the main reason I raised the thread. I just thought that if a system of appeal or similar was available maybe people wouldn't feel so aggrieved as at least they would get the opportunity to air their side. Maybe thats cloud cuckoo land, but I never pretended I was a genius.

I remember moaning to you when you banned Stu. You threw me completely off my stroke by firstly agreeing with me, and then convincing me you had no other option.  :D No wonder you are in sales!

What I am trying very unsuccessfully to say is that no system is so perfect it can't be improved, and while my ideas might not be practical, I was hoping others might have better ones.
account deleted by request

Postby Judge » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:27 am

bigmick wrote:
Judge wrote:

Judgie you are the undisputed master of that quote thing you fecker so I know full well I'm beat, and I'll fold  :D

cheers mick  :D

all the best fella  :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:41 am

:laugh: I've seen it all now.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Sabre » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:14 pm

Bigmick says

I actually think the mods do a very good job. My only gripeis that they post less on football because they are sorting out nonsense.

I agree.

I was thinking these days of asking to Bad Bob to resign for selfish reasons. When moderating on hot topics he is very neutral these days to fulfill his job better. ( I miss the pro Rafa poster! :D )

That was the reason I was "happy" when you resigned too, as since then, you've been able to post about footie a lot more and in a selfish way I prefer that.

I'll advocate again for rotation of mods.  :D I think almost every regular member could do the job for some months. Since it would be sensible rotation, the team of mods as a whole wouldn't notice negative consequences.

I personally would like a lot to see *all* the regular members rotating as a mod. If they make a big mistake the team of mods will correct them.

That way, we'd get several goals in one shot

* Incoming Users to the mod team would understand better the mod's job, and how they work. They'd also would be able to see that the mod's board is not so mysterious (If my guess about that board is right).

* While an user tries the modship he'll also be able to provide his view about how to moderate this site to the rest of the team, and thus, we'd all be participating in the moderation of this site.
Last edited by Sabre on Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:17 pm

JBG wrote: :laugh: I've seen it all now.

what have you seen?  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:17 pm

Rotating or Styling of mods isnt a bad idea :D
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:30 pm

I think we need to take on the FA's approach...

RESPECT - We need to respect the mods, no mods, no forum!

:D
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum