Millwall are proud ... - ...of the chanting they did.

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Woollyback » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:27 pm

This goes to show you can't tar everybody with the same brush. This is something I found on Millwall's forum earlier:

Posted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:13 pm    Post subject: About Last Night   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought long and hard about writing anything. The thing is, I've told only a few people about this, and don't wear it as some badge of honour, or martyrdom. The thing is, I was in a unique position last night among Millwall fans. You see, I was at Hillsborough that day.

On 15 April 1989, I waited at the top of the hill above Hillsborough waiting for two people I had given a lift to the FA Cup Semi-Final that day to return to my car. My mate and I were in the Forest end and had watched the full horror from the safety of the top of the Kop at Hillsborough. My friend's two mates were in the Liverpool end, and one, we knew for certain, was in the Leppings Lane End - on the terracing.

Now put yourself in my shoes. What would you feel like waiting for someone to turn up, who you know well? Looking down the road praying they will come around that corner. Just think a second. No mobile phones to try to contact people with. Not in 1989.

Thankfully they both turned up. We never knew the scale - we reckoned 10 or 15 dead - when I was told over 50, have a guess what I felt like. Try to picture witnessing a man giving his father heart massage, and being told it was no use and a coat being draped over his head. Sit there. Picture it. Think about it.

I have told only a few people here that I was at Hillsborough that day. I was at Liverpool University and lived in the city when it went through that trauma. I hated Liverpool FC, still do, for being successful and their fans arrogance. But I went to Anfield to put scarves on the Kop. I was sickened as Millwall and West H*m destroyed the minute's silence a week later. I was at the first game back for Liverpool - at Everton. I went to the Semi-Final Replay (where Liverpool fans let themselves down by singing "we hate Nottingham Forest..." after the sympathy shown by that club in the immediate aftermath).

Now you may understand where I am coming from. And I didn't lose anyone in that disaster. It was horrific. The memories are still with me, and I watched it from safety. What must it have been like for the individuals there - on the pitch - using advertising hoardings as stretchers, inadequate medical facilities - the confusion, the despair. And then think this. There were people in that away end last night, almost certainly, who knew, or lost someone that day. Or who were there and will never forget what they saw.

I am not in a position to lay blame, or go on police information or LFC information about that day. Liverpool fans were late - I left Liverpool at 9:30 for the 2 hour journey to Sheffield and it took me over 4 hours. But fans have turned up ****** and late and ticketless to football matches since time immemoriam. They didn't deserve to die. That, at the end of it, blame aside, is all that matters.

So why did we sing the song last night? Harmless banter? Well I got upset, as my brother will testify. Maybe I'm a hypocrite. I laugh at Bobby Moore, but not at that. Guilty. But this was personal to me. And it is personal to Liverpool. No matter which way you look at it, no fans received any legal redress, but the police on duty got sizeable compensation for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. No authorities ever got the blame for what happened, except some generic rules were put in place for all seater stadia. Liverpool fans never got justice. It will rankle with them, and rightly so. And yes, there is some guilt in there, in my opinion. Of course, it would not be natural if there wasn't.

I'm sorry that this is long. I hope it doesn't sound self-important or patronising. I don't write that often from the heart, but this is it for me. Those people that sang that last night utterly sickened me. And I can't help how I feel....

At least some of them seem to have some consciense & intelligence
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:29 pm

cant compete with that, never seen so many words, full of budding reporters :D
106-1093504160

Postby taff » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:30 pm

When it got past the initial slagging off, a lot of them were decent on their forum

Its that rep theyve got they might never shake it off but a lot of them dont want to either and they even testified to that
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:43 pm

have a look at this - decent now??

scumbag MFC
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:46 pm

leej, that nez, their site admin geezer, has a couple of lesbo's kissing as the avatar, and likes raving, beer, sex and milwall - sick b@st@rd
106-1093504160

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:56 pm

judge wrote:leej, that nez, their site admin geezer, has a couple of lesbo's kissing as the avatar, and likes raving, beer, sex and milwall - sick b@st@rd

pot calling kettle as leon would say alan :;):  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:00 pm

hey! Lesbos kissing, beer & sex I can put up with  :love:
But rave music & Millwall??? I'd rather lick my own ar$ehole.

What a loser!
Last edited by Roger Red Hat on Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby EastLondonLion » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:31 pm

I used to respect your club until this morning, i admire you for trying to charge into our end but trying to play the victims all the time behave will you and you may get a little bit of the respect back
EastLondonLion

Postby taff » Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:34 pm

Alright mate weve exchanged our views

Till the next time
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:48 pm

taff wrote:I just told them my real name was Dom Hughes.  :laugh:

Theyre all laughing their heads off  :laugh:

D*ckhead
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby Dom1 » Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:49 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Just tell them we're all from Football Fiesta!  :p

why, what good is that gonna do?  ???
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby taff » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:50 am

:p

That hurt Dom
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 106-1093504160 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:57 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
judge wrote:leej, that nez, their site admin geezer, has a couple of lesbo's kissing as the avatar, and likes raving, beer, sex and milwall - sick b@st@rd

pot calling kettle as leon would say alan :;):  :D

thanks lynds, be round tonite, but i'll wait till leons gone first  :D  :devil:  lol
Last edited by Judge on Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
106-1093504160

Postby 76-1098897231 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:27 am

yer lad
76-1098897231

Postby 106-1093504160 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:32 am

f@ck off idiot
106-1093504160

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum