Millwall are proud ... - ...of the chanting they did.

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby simic_ie » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:50 pm

Agreed, my point of few is that because of the reputation Millwall FC has, the hooligan element from Liverpool travelled down just to cause trouble.
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

- Vladi Smicer after scoring in the CL Final

"I'm not a believer in fate..... until tonight, they're going to win it!"
-  Liam Brady after extra time of CL Final
simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:50 pm

MFC & Proud wrote:
zarababe wrote:MFC ..  your chairman thinks nothing bad was said ... ???

I too heard nothing, only going on what othere people nearer the Away fans have said.

.. so do u think that the trouble could have been caused by the organised element associated with your club.. .. because while LFC fans are not incapable of casuing trouble .. it is ironic it happend at MFC..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MFC & Proud » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:51 pm

zarababe wrote:
MFC & Proud wrote:
zarababe wrote:MFC ..  your chairman thinks nothing bad was said ... ???

I too heard nothing, only going on what othere people nearer the Away fans have said.

.. so do u think that the trouble could have been caused by the organised element associated with your club.. .. because while LFC fans are not incapable of casuing trouble .. it is ironic it happend at MFC..

??? The only trouble I saw came from the Liverpool end
MFC & Proud

Postby simic_ie » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:52 pm

It is possible zara but it is far more likely that it was an organised element from Liverpool
“It was my first of the season, my last of the season, my best of the season and the one I will remember for ever.”

simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MFC & Proud » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:52 pm

simic_ie wrote:Agreed, my point of few is that because of the reputation Millwall FC has, the hooligan element from Liverpool travelled down just to cause trouble.

Agreed, but I fail to see how Millwall can be blamed for that.
MFC & Proud

Postby taff » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:55 pm

Try living opposite the Milleniums stadium  :D

In fairness there wasnt hardly any trouble no more than an usual Saturday in Cardiff although what a tense day  :p

I saw the links on your site to this one so welcome and happy posting the point I have is your lot are wrapped up in aggro. Even on your site theres a NF going to Sunderland game topic with people basically arranging the off. 

No club in the land do not have trouble makers but it does seem a point of pride with your lot

Like Rocky 4 If I can change you can change we can all change  :D
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby simic_ie » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:56 pm

The reputation is not completely unwarranted, though it is blown out of proportion. But it is something that MFC is stuck with and it's going to be very hard to get rid of the reputation, and I'm not convinced that a lot of Millwall fans want to get rid of that reputation

simic_ie
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby MFC & Proud » Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:59 pm

taff wrote:Try living opposite the Milleniums stadium  :D

In fairness there wasnt hardly any trouble no more than an usual Saturday in Cardiff although what a tense day  :p

I saw the links on your site to this one so welcome and happy posting the point I have is your lot are wrapped up in aggro. Even on your site theres a NF going to Sunderland game topic with people basically arranging the off. 

No club in the land do not have trouble makers but it does seem a point of pride with your lot

Like Rocky 4 If I can change you can change we can all change  :D

The Sunderland NF thing is a load of tosh.

Yeah some people are proud of the clubs image, the problem being when do you ever read about trouble at Football matchs these days?  Only when Millwalls involved.  A lot worse goes on up and down the Country week in week out, however it is hardly reported, why because Millwall aggro sells papers.
MFC & Proud

Postby MFC & Proud » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:00 pm

simic_ie wrote:The reputation is not completely unwarranted, though it is blown out of proportion. But it is something that MFC is stuck with and it's going to be very hard to get rid of the reputation, and I'm not convinced that a lot of Millwall fans want to get rid of that reputation

Agreed
MFC & Proud

Postby Woollyback » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:25 pm

Surprised we haven't been inundated by MFC fans this afternoon, returning all the abuse that got hurled their way this morning. There's a link to our site on their's. So far we've only had MFC & Proud as far as I can tell but he's here for some constructive debate

Makes a change from all those bellends from Leeds a few months back   :kungfu:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:29 pm

I heard the Monkey chants to Traore, wasnt there a "kick rasism out of football" banner there aswell??!! ???

I noticed aswell just after the fracas in the crowd, when gobsh*te Muscat grabbed Baros by the throat, Baros pointed to where the problem was in the crowd and then suggested to Muscat to "use his head" and stop the crowd trouble from escalating, that was my interpretation anyway..

Well done Milan, Millwall will always be a fecking disgrace.. its the 00's FFS, isnt it time they shook off this 80's image of "hooliganism is cool" :angry:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby MFC & Proud » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:31 pm

Woollyback wrote:Surprised we haven't been inundated by MFC fans this afternoon, returning all the abuse that got hurled their way this morning. There's a link to our site on their's. So far we've only had MFC & Proud as far as I can tell but he's here for some constructive debate

Makes a change from all those bellends from Leeds a few months back   :kungfu:

To be honest with you, I think if the link had been put up this morning you might have had a few more, I think we've moved on from the abuse that was going around this morning.
MFC & Proud

Postby MFC & Proud » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:33 pm

stmichael wrote:I heard the Monkey chants to Traore, wasnt there a "kick rasism out of football" banner there aswell??!! ???

I noticed aswell just after the fracas in the crowd, when gobsh*te Muscat grabbed Baros by the throat, Baros pointed to where the problem was in the crowd and then suggested to Muscat to "use his head" and stop the crowd trouble from escalating, that was my interpretation anyway..

Well done Milan, Millwall will always be a fecking disgrace.. its the 00's FFS, isnt it time they shook off this 80's image of "hooliganism is cool" :angry:

I heard booing at Traore, booing for his clash with one of our BLACK players.  Yes there was a kick racisim banner, which you fans kindly ripped up.
MFC & Proud

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:05 pm

F.A. to investigate.

THE Football Association has launched an investigation after fans clashed at Liverpool's game at Millwall's New Den ground last night.

Reds fans ripped up seats and tried to rush the Millwall end after up to 1,000 home supporters chanted: "You should have died at Hillsborough".

Trouble flared shortly after Liverpool went 2-0 ahead in the second half.

Seats were ripped up and Millwall fans shouted "There's only one Boris Johnson", a reference to the Tory MP's comments about the Hillsborough disaster, where 96 people died in 1989, and Liverpool's reaction to the murder of Ken Bigley.

One disabled Liverpool fan, believed to be from London, was injured at the perimeter of the pitch as supporters in the Liverpool end poured forward.

Three Liverpool supporters and one from Millwall were ejected from the ground.

Riot police were called, but no arrests were made.

Liverpool FC spokesman Ian Cotton said: "Of course we will co-operate fully with any inquiry by the FA but in the meantime it would be innapropriate to comment."

A Millwall spokeswoman said: "We will be carrying out an assessment of the damage and looking at the CCTV footage of last night.

"We will only comment after a report has been given to the chief executive."

Former Liverpool skipper Phil Neal, a charity coordinator for the families involved in the Hillsborough tragedy, was cocommentating on the game for Merseyside's Radio City.

He said: "If it was chants about Hillsborough that started the violence, then it was totally unnecessary."

Liverpool Suporters Club chairman Richard Pedder said: "In the 15 years since the Hillsborough disaster I have never heard anything like that.

"It is time for Millwall to stop shirking responsibility for the actions of its supporters and take real action."

The ECHO's Liverpool correspondent Chris Bascombe said: "One minute it was peaceful, the next there was trouble in one of the stands."
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:07 pm

As I said in another post if Boris Johnson kept his opinions to himself none of this would have happened because alot of fans would be to young to remember heysell or hillsborough.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum