Mcmahon in jakarta - And the fantastic local supporter club

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby anfieldadorer » Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:05 pm

Just been back from Indonesia for a month and being fortunate having a chance to attend an ESPN exclusive coverage held in a sport café in Jakarta featuring Steve McMahon and involving local official LFC supporters club.

This coverage undertaken during the night of the latest derby match against Everton (attended by more than 200 attendees whom more than half of them are members of the Indonesian Official LFC Supporters Club) had also planned to land Steve McManaman but only to have been canceled in the last day for some reason. 

The superbly win over the blue nose perfectly electrified the fans with the joyous moment and celebrated by fans’ singing, dancing, jumping, and hugging each other. Impressed by the local fans, McManaman, who had banter with McMahon during the remotely interview conducted by ESPN, passed a comment: “are you sure you didn’t take a wrong plane, Steve?” (this must have been Anfield –not Jakarta).

Indonesian LFC Supporters Club is probably one of the bigger LFC fans club in Asia. They have been established since 1996, but had not been running well until 2004. They have today about 400 registered members and more than 1,600 web-forum members. This organization is believed to be the biggest and most influential international football supporters club in Indonesia (the second goes to Manutd OLSC). Here are some of the photos:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:10 pm

Nice one Annie, good to see the reds are attracting more and more fans world wide, although we know Liverpool are popular in the south east :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:09 am

zarababe wrote:Nice one Annie, good to see the reds are attracting more and more fans world wide, although we know Liverpool are popular in the south east :)

kent?
112-1077774096

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:54 am

Anfieldadorer is your name Daniel by any chance ?
66-1112520797

Postby anfieldadorer » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:16 am

zarababe wrote:Nice one Annie, good to see the reds are attracting more and more fans world wide, although we know Liverpool are popular in the south east :)

yes, zara
we've been popular already and are getting much more attention after the istanbul.
in hong kong, it was terribly difficult to find any LFC merchandise, (while is always very easy to find manure's in any sport store),
but after the 25 may, more stores here begin to sell LFC jersey, etc.
i found it different in singapore, their official LFC SC sell a wide variation and quantity of LFC merchandise. you will probably find LFC condoms there in their stores.
While in malaysia and thailand, they also have a pretty strong basis of SC.
In addition, Indonesian SC reportedly will organize a gathering including some additional functions (indoor football etc.) inviting some asian OLSC this april in jakarta.

@bamaga
danieladorer :wwww

seriously no, why?
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Sat Apr 08, 2006 4:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:43 am

anfieldadorer wrote:

yes, zara
we've been popular already and are getting much more attention after the istanbul.
in hong kong, it was terribly difficult to find any LFC merchandise, (while is always very easy to find manure's in any sport store),
i found it different in singapore, their official LFC SC sell a wide variation and quantity of LFC merchandise. you will probably find LFC condoms there in their stores.
In addition, Indonesian SC reportedly will organize a gathering including some additional functions (indoor football etc.) inviting some asian OLSC this april in jakarta.

@bamaga

seriously no, why?

Sorry ,
there was a guy on another Liverpool forum who looked Asian and I thought it was him in the photo's , so therefore I thought it was you.

No worries  :upside:
66-1112520797

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:03 am

Bamaga man wrote:
anfieldadorer wrote:

yes, zara

@bamaga

seriously no, why?

Sorry ,
there was a guy on another Liverpool forum who looked Asian and I thought it was him in the photo's , so therefore I thought it was you.

No worries  :upside:

no probs,

but i'm not anyone in the photos
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum