Massa crash

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:48 pm

Bloo,dy hell did anyone see the Massa crash , hes apparentyly in a bad way after having had surgery on his brain,

GET WELL SOON Phillipe lad ,

Ferrari have confirmed driver Felipe Massa is in a "stable, satisfactory condition" following a high speed accident in qualifying at the Hungarian Grand Prix.

Massa's skull was fractured in two places and he suffered concussion in the 170mph crash.

The Brazilian, 28, was hit on the head by flying debris before driving into a tyre wall in the second qualifying session at the Hungaroring.

He was treated at the track then underwent emergency surgery at Budapest's AEK military hospital where he will be kept under observation overnight.

A Ferrari official described the operation as a "success".

A hospital spokesman said: "At the time he was admitted to hospital his condition was stable and his breathing and blood circulation was normal.

"During the course of his examination they established that he had suffered serious, life-threatening injuries including loss of consciousness and a fracture of the forehead on the left side and a fracture on the base of the skull.

"After the operation he is being cared for in intensive care and now he is in stable, satisfactory condition."
Last edited by NANNY RED on Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:51 pm

He's having surgery on his brain?!?!?! , yea i saw the crash . I hope he gets well soon
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:07 pm

yeah hope he makes a full and speedy recovery. apparently he hit the tyre wall at 125mph, just shows how safe & tough those F1 cars really are. hit a tyre wall at 125mph in a normal car and they'd be mopping up bits of you off the road for days
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:14 pm

he was not in a good way after the opp,   but he is now in stable condition,  which is verry good news...  :)

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 100-1247207744 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:47 am

he is lucky, a similar thing happened to henry surtees last week when a wheel hit him on the head and killed him instantly, you can see it on youtube
100-1247207744

Postby Greavesie » Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:46 am

the crash itself looked fecking awful, hope he's back as soon as :)
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 9:20 am

shocking photo

lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:13 am

Ferrari driver Felipe Massa is in a "stable" condition following emergency surgery after he suffered skull damage and concussion.

The Brazilian hit a tyre wall after a spring from Rubens Barrichello's car flew up and hit Massa's helmet during Hungarian Grand Prix qualifying.

Massa had initially suffered "serious, life-threatening injuries", according to Budapest's AEK military hospital.

But Ferrari later said the operation was "positive" and a "success".

And the Italian team added on Sunday: "After undergoing an operation yesterday afternoon, Felipe Massa's condition remains stable and there were no further complications through the night.

"He will be given another CT scan today which will provide more precise information."

Speaking on Saturday, AEK military hospital medical director Peter Bazso added: "At the moment he's under anaesthetic and will be woken up on Sunday."

Button and Barrichello's team boss Ross Brawn said the team were "naturally concerned" about Massa's condition.

"We had a problem with the back of the car and we are still investigating," he added.

"We haven't had the piece back from [motorsport governing body] the FIA yet so once we get it back we can understand what occurred.

"It's the first time we've really had a problem with the car as it's been so reliable."

McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh added: "What happened today was a shock.

"We've got to make sure we do everything we can to make F1 as safe as it can be.

"But a spring coming off and being in a collision four seconds later is an incredible circumstance and coincidence.

"You have to remember that motor racing is dangerous and that racing drivers are incredibly brave. It's all too easy to become blase about that."
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:15 am

lakes10 wrote:shocking photo

Fecking hell! :oh:

Imagine If it was a few inches lower,it would have been right through his visor,he'd have been a mess!!....If he pulls through hes a very lucky boy!
I hope he be's OK!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:58 am

I hate Ferrari but I feel so sorry for Massa, it was such a weird incident, how he kept his hands on the wheel and just carried on driving straight, I didnt think anything of it as it wasn't a high impact crash into the tyre barrier, must have taken some smack from that spring :(

Hope the lad is ok!
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:23 am

Number 9 wrote:
lakes10 wrote:shocking photo

Fecking hell! :oh:

Imagine If it was a few inches lower,it would have been right through his visor,he'd have been a mess!!....If he pulls through hes a very lucky boy!
I hope he be's OK!

I think the problem was that a bit made it made it through the helmet its self  or pushed the helmet into his skull.
Your right if it had only hit the visor he would have been killed there and then.

thats the starange thing about motor sport, nothing happens for years then you get  a few deaths or near death in the space of a few days, and even strange is the fact then tend to be down to the same sort of thing.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:04 pm

175mph and a spring hits him in the face, must feel like sh!te this morning. I agree Baz, my first thought was what if it was lower, the only thing keeping his head intact would have been the helmet

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Gerrard30391 » Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:16 pm

Hes still under anaesthetic;) Get well soon mate.
"I certainly wouldn't say I'm the best manager in the business, but I'm in the top one."
Gerrard30391
LFC Super Member

Postby Toffeehater » Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:57 pm

Get well soon massa , horrific crash
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:14 pm

oh and, GET IN LEWIS!

YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Next

Return to General Chat Forum