Manures chrimbo party

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Judge » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:03 pm

at every leeds game they sing ''stand up if you hate man u''

quality, even for the neutral
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ronny » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:23 pm

I don't see what's wrong with that? I'm sure Gerrard, Carragher and Fowler sing the samething? Liverpool hates Manchester, Manchester hates Liverpool. It's like Celtic and Rangers. I take it none of you live in Liverpool?
Ronny

Postby zarababe » Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:10 am

Just shows, they're a bunch of classless scums, who dupted some blind 'ol' in to believing they can play footie, and get payed a sh*t load for it too. lowest of the low scum..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peggyboots1 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:29 am

I am a Manchester United fan for 20 years and to be honest, I find this kind of behaviour very sad. Yes, we are the biggest of rivals and we love beating each other but some things are above football. Both clubs have had to deal with terrible tragedies in their history and have dealt with them with dignity and that should remain.
peggyboots1

Postby Dalglish » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:37 am

peggyboots1 wrote:I am a Manchester United fan for 20 years and to be honest, I find this kind of behaviour very sad. Yes, we are the biggest of rivals and we love beating each other but some things are above football. Both clubs have had to deal with terrible tragedies in their history and have dealt with them with dignity and that should remain.

Well said Peggy.

I'm not surprised your disappointed when your clubs PLAYERS sing those type of songs. You almost ewxpect it from fans cos of the wide cross section of supporters and what some of them find acceptable to sing about  ???

I'm all for a bit of good humoured banter and fierce rivalry between the two cities. Lets face it we have been competing for centuries and it's ineviatable that will extend to sport .

What puzzles me though is how the PLAYERS sing anti scouser songs when you have shelled out £25 Million on one (Rooney) and your captain's brother plays for Everton  :Oo:
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peggyboots1 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:43 am

Exactly. Banter is all well and good between fans but its sad when players feel the need to sing these songs. I know how offended I would feel if Liverpool players were singing songs about Munich.
peggyboots1

Postby Dalglish » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:48 am

peggyboots1 wrote:Exactly. Banter is all well and good between fans but its sad when players feel the need to sing these songs. I know how offended I would feel if Liverpool players were singing songs about Munich.

The fact is though mate that they don't and therein lies the difference between the two clubs  ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby peggyboots1 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:58 am

I think maybe that is too sweeping a statement. I live in a house full of Man Utd fans and trust me, there was many a tear shed as we watched the Hillsborough disaster unfold. I have also seen Liverpool fans perfectly respect a minute's silence for Matt Busby. I think you may be surprised under all the terrace chants and years of heated competition, there is a great respect of the way Liverpool conducts itself and its history, especially the way the club dealt with the aftermath of Hillsborough. Thats why I found this surprising and disappointing.
peggyboots1

Postby Dalglish » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:14 am

Your semtiments are well meant Peggy and I respect them but your players have let your club down.

When it comes to supporters you can't control what they sing, shout or say but you'd expect there to be greater control on the staff at the club.

Liverpool players have not always conducted themselves accordingly over the years but you get the impression that Benitez has them well drilled and disciplined.

Singing a  song about burning Scousers on a Bonfire is not (in my opinion) akin to singing songs about Munich or Hillsborough and i susp[ect alchaol probably played a part.

However your CAPTAIN is a self confessed "Liverpool" hater (he said so in his precious article) so what do you expect when the clubs ambassador has such public views ! ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum