Major crashes london underground - On news now

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby skipper » Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:52 am

The man in the underground station matched the clothing description of a terrorist and he refused to obey officers' orders.  It's a shame it happened.  Its all the terrorists' fault. :angry:

Like you say CIGGY,
the war on terrorism will be a VERY long one.  Car bombings and suicide bombings killing innocent civilians everyday...

People are worried everywhere they go...

When we arent fighting world wars, we are killing fellow innocent humans.

What has society come to?  :(
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 3:01 am

88 dead in Egypt bombings!!!!

:no
76-1115222408

Postby zarababe » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:08 am

... the guy was Brazilian... what a strange turn of events.. why did he run.. jumped over the ticket turnstiles apparently.. legged it in to the train.... ??? awfully suspicious behaviour.. ... sad though it is.. in this hour of high alert... if you behave like that.. it's shoot to kill.. or the risk of a suicide bombing..
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sun Jul 24, 2005 9:15 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:What about them poor souls in Sharm El Shiekh ffs, that was really awful, why are they killing thier own? This is only the beginning Its going to get an awful lot worse :(

..  as I said earlier.. it's indiscriminate and no-one is safe..

... there is no "their own".. there is only a determination to murder and cause carnage...
Last edited by zarababe on Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:59 am

True Zara, but Sharm El Sheik is a large tourist area and I guess thats why it was targeted. It's a lot easier for these people to set up an attack in their own country than try and get into the UK or US and do something similar, becasue they are obviously going to be much harder to detect.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby IstanBuL-FenerBaHce » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:25 pm

LFC #1 wrote:True Zara, but Sharm El Sheik is a large tourist area and I guess thats why it was targeted. It's a lot easier for these people to set up an attack in their own country than try and get into the UK or US and do something similar, becasue they are obviously going to be much harder to detect.

Right...and they also can punish their own 'USA-supporting' governments by this way.
IstanBuL-FenerBaHce
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 1:29 pm

good point. Saudi Arabia is like that as well. Although the governement supports the US, the general population definitely don't. Many of the 9/11 terrorists came from Saudi.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby skipper » Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:27 pm

I still cant believe bush got re-elected in '04.  We should've been focusing on hunting down terrorists, not go into iraq and get thousands of people killed.  Plus, the terrorists are even more mad now.  Bombings everyday in different places and we cant do anything about it.  Fighting terrorism is way too difficult.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby [Dom2] » Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:02 pm

woof woof ! wrote:Here we fking go  :angry:

A guy gets shot fleeing from armed government agents and immediatley people start climbing into our security forces .

Considering whats happened in central London in the past two weeks I would ask why any law abiding indiividual would continue  to leg it when pursued by armed government agents . Maybe the fella was only a minor criminal (drug dealer ,failed asylum seeker or something else ? ) eager to evade questioning by the authorities . Do I give a sh'it ? .......... NO !  . In the present climate I give my full support to those who are trying to protect us.

Damn right woof ... found this on the bbc website just before... I dont really think I cud say it better than this fella did...

Instead of criticising those whose job it is to protect the public, we should be looking at ourselves and ask why we are not willing to do all we can to make their job easier. Unless we, the public, give them our full support, why should they bother? Innocent people will die, but I would rather a wrong decision was taken for the right reasons instead of the terrorists getting away with committing more atrocities.

Dom2
[Dom2]

Postby adamnbarrett » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:21 pm

Ah I see mr toffee nose has returned :angry:

:D
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jul 24, 2005 8:42 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:Ah I see mr toffee nose has returned :angry:

We all have our vices , Dom's happens to be supporting everton ,apart from that he's a diamond and has brought more support and humour to this forum than many others in here .

Good to see you back again Dom .

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby [Dom2] » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:16 pm

nice choice of words woof x 2 ''apart from that'' :D

cheers mate :)  appreciate it!
[Dom2]

Postby Ciggy » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:50 pm

[Dom2] wrote:nice choice of words woof x 2 ''apart from that'' :D

cheers mate :)  appreciate it!

Yer we love ya you little blue rascal  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 4:33 am

Will be their a Dom3 after you post another 10000?  :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Jul 25, 2005 6:18 am

im tired with do-gooders.

if he failed to obey clear instructions from the police in this current climate then he got everything he deserved and good riddance.

its the same as any criminal that dies or gets injured whilst committing a crime, its their own fault. steal a car and crash it, if ur injured then u deserve it, if u die i dont really care. u have the option to not steal the car to start with.

if u burgle a house and get killed while ur doing it, i dont really care, u get what u deserve.

too many people criticise the police in UK but u should realise how lucky you are. it makes me laugh how much people criticise them but then turn to them in times of trouble, it used to make me laugh when a burglar would get burgled and call the police for help and then expect sympathy.

i used to hate the prats i would stop driving like idiots who would then ask me 'do you not have anything better to do'? and the simple answer was 'yes i do, but im unable to just deal with the more serious stuff when i also have to deal with idiots like you'.

the point i am trying to make here is do everything you can to help the police at any time, the job is hard enough to start with without having to make a split decision to end someones life, but the policeman who fired the shots had a decision to make 'its him or me and everyone else on this train'. what decision would you make.

the guy didnt deserve to die because he was stupid, but he did die because he was stupid, if you have done nothing wrong then just stop. he failed to do that, even an idiot would know in these time if you fail to stop then the chances are that you will be hurt or worse.
112-1077774096

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum