Maggie

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:27 pm

Reg wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:I see all the War nerds are still invading this thread then :laugh:

Mainwaring:  'Took you a while to spot that one, didn't it Wilson?'

:laugh:  ...... Dads Army was class
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:41 pm

Reg wrote:Mainwaring:  'Took you a while to spot that one, didn't it Wilson?'

:D

class

Dont Panic
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:10 pm

laza wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:I see all the War nerds are still invading this thread then :laugh:

Thread gone off topic at newkit..........surely you jest   :D

You know if you dont like it   :D

:laugh:
Benny The Noon

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:17 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Go and google if you think I'm wrong and you will find I'm correct the average age of UK people killed in Afghan is 22 , you will also find that the majority of people serving in afghan did join after 9/11 - you will also find the average age of each Battle group ( the guys that go to Afghan and went to Iraq is between the ages of 19 and 25 . The start of both the Iraq and Afghan conflict increased recruit to the British Forces by 43% .

what is the point you're trying to make?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Benny The Noon » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:44 pm

Forget about it and move on .
Benny The Noon

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:36 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:Go and google if you think I'm wrong and you will find I'm correct the average age of UK people killed in Afghan is 22 , you will also find that the majority of people serving in afghan did join after 9/11 - you will also find the average age of each Battle group ( the guys that go to Afghan and went to Iraq is between the ages of 19 and 25 . The start of both the Iraq and Afghan conflict increased recruit to the British Forces by 43% .

Young people inspired by patriotism or facing joblessness during the recession have contributed to a surge in the number of army recruits, according to a senior officer involved in recruitment.

Ministry of Defence figures show a 25% rise in the number of recruits this year, with more signing up than at any time since 2005. This is despite the increasingly bloody conflict in Afghanistan that has claimed 81 UK lives so far this year.

LINK

where did the 43% come from?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Red-er-Dare » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:03 pm

I love the way Northerners thought they were the only demographic hard done by, when Maggie was in charge. Down south in the early 80's we had 'blackouts' for a couple of hours of a night where the 'juice' would be turned off, gas too and this was done during winter, b.loody cold of a night.

Why do you think we had the baby boom back then?
Last edited by Red-er-Dare on Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Red-er-Dare

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum