Maddy mccann - Little girl missing

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Judge » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:10 am

apart from Maddy missing, does anyone remember Ben Needham ?? been many years since he went missing
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:25 am

Anyone see the program on ITV (Ithink) this week called Torn?  Its a bout a girl who is taken off a beach and the woman who took her raised as her own as she couldn't have kids.  I really hope this is what has happened to madeline, as at least she would be looked after...
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:27 pm

peewee wrote:why do you think its unlikely in this case? do you know something specific or is it just a wild guess?

Purely down to media exposure. No other case has received anything like this exposure, which would make it more difficult for a kidknapper to handle. Partly gut feeling, yes.
LFC2007

Postby The Manhattan Project » Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:34 pm

Judge wrote:apart from Maddy missing, does anyone remember Ben Needham ?? been many years since he went missing

Too late for him now IMO.

If he's alive and was "adopted" by another family, he may not wish to return to his "real" family after so many years away from them.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:35 pm

In my honest opinion, the police in Portugal have not dealt with this well at all and are not used to the huge amount of media attention this has received,  It stinks to me of incompetence and bad media relations leaving the press to have hints equalling huge headlines mostly of guesswork.

Portugal stand to lose a lot of tourism out of this and there is pressure on them that they are not used to.

On leaving the kids, I cant defend the parents but it was a family resort not some yahoo place and there but for the grace of God go all of us before we get sanctimonious.  They have to live the rest of their lives with that guilt.

I cant see a happy ending to this but I dont like this suspect thing as a few months ago people wanted to hang that fella who was a suspect

It looks to me like their old bill are a bit suss
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bammo » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:05 pm

It's a bit unfair to criticise the Portuguese police of
bad media relations
when it's illegal for them to discuss any aspects of the case. What were they supposed to do?

Considering over 70,000 children go missing each year in the UK (http://uk.missingkids.com/missingkids/s ... ageId=1987), the McCann's have been given a huge media spotlight and their own incompetence as parents is being ignored. Whatever their involvement, they left their young children unattended and at risk. We can only hope Madeleine is safe but unfortunately it's unlikely.
Twitter[url=http://twitter.com/IanBamford[/URL]Lego Pirates:
[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v....o0]http[/url]

Scallies: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=SRWxvm_HNQU
Bammo
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:11 am

has anyone seen the picture taken in morocco, here is a link to the story and the picture is below

link

Interpol are said to be examining a photo taken in Morocco that could show Madeleine McCann.

It features a light-skinned, blonde-haired child who looks similar to Madeleine being carried on an elderly Moroccan woman's back in a sling.

The image was taken by a Spanish tourist Clara Torres in Zinat in northern Morroco on August 31.

Ms Torres told Spanish radio station Cadena Cope she had been regularly taking snaps from the window of her tour bus when she saw the blonde child among a group of people.

Her immediate thoughts were of the missing girl, but she said she forgot about the picture until nearly a month later, when she heard other tourists had reported possible sightings of Madeleine in Morocco.

She downloaded the picture onto her computer and discovered a "chilling likeness" to the missing girl.

Ms Torres, from Albacete, then gave the picture to Spanish police who are understood to have passed it on to Interpol.

Madeleine's parents Kate and Gerry McCann are believed to have seen the photo after a copy was given to their lawyers.

Speaking on Sky News, the couple's spokesman Clarence Mitchell said the McCanns are waiting for the results of analysis on the picture before getting their hopes up.

"We do not comment on any individual sightings however in this case the picture was passed to the relevant authorities as soon as it was received and Gerry and Kate are obviously keen for it to be analysed as quickly as possible," he said.

It is the fourth reported sighting of Madeleine in Morocco since she went missing from the Portuguese resort of Praia da Luz in May.

The McCanns have always believed Morocco to be one of the most likely places that Madeleine could have been taken to.

The couple travelled to the north African country in June to as part of a campaign to raise awareness about their daughter's disappearance.

???
112-1077774096

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:19 am

peewee wrote:has anyone seen the picture taken in morocco, here is a link to the story and the picture is below

link

Interpol are said to be examining a photo taken in Morocco that could show Madeleine McCann.

???

God she really looks like Maddy.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:22 am

freaky isnt it cigs?

i wonder why the tourist never went over and checked.

if it is here i am surprised that she is with a poor family as opposed to a wealthy family who would have bought her, unless she was abandoned somewhere and found by this family
112-1077774096

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:22 am

here is the pic blown up

112-1077774096

Postby PhiLFC » Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:45 am

Jesus this made me sit up when I saw it on the news... hope all the authorities get a move on coz it looks like this lot were moving out.  Scarey - gave me goosepimples
PhiLFC

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:10 pm

I've been in Morocco and at this distance she doesn't look Moroccan to me. Thats not to say there's no fair skinned , fair haired  Moroccans, I've just never seen one.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:12 pm

PhiLFC wrote:Jesus this made me sit up when I saw it on the news... hope all the authorities get a move on coz it looks like this lot were moving out.  Scarey - gave me goosepimples

They could be anywhere.

A source from the head office of Moroccan Police told us that the “Sureté Nacional” (Moroccan Intelligence Services) has already identified the man that was helping the family carrying their bags and they found that it's a family of Moroccan immigrants that lives in Europe. Moroccan intelligence services keep on investigating the last sightings, according to the same source.

http://gazetadigitalmadeleinecase.blogspot.com/2007....ne.html
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby PhiLFC » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:33 pm

Ciggy wrote:
PhiLFC wrote:Jesus this made me sit up when I saw it on the news... hope all the authorities get a move on coz it looks like this lot were moving out.  Scarey - gave me goosepimples

They could be anywhere.

...it's a family of Moroccan immigrants that lives in Europe...

Good link that Ciggy...

The first "sighting" in Morocco was reported by the (Norwegian? Was it?) tourist ages ago wasn't it?!
PhiLFC

Postby Grimly Fiendish » Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:54 pm

PhiLFC wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

They could be anywhere.

...it's a family of Moroccan immigrants that lives in Europe...

Good link that Ciggy...

The first "sighting" in Morocco was reported by the (Norwegian? Was it?) tourist ages ago wasn't it?!

A tourist who's husband is from a town a couple of miles away from where the McCanns live...to quote Harry Hill (and do it in a Harry Hill voice) "What are the chances of that happening!"

As for the photo...
There you with a little girl who just happens to be the most famous missing person in the world and for whom the reward money runs into millions and you've got her strapped to your back while your husband pushes your families wordly belongings in a wheelbarrow?! I mean come on.....

This whole malarkey is just....grimly fiendish....
Living the life grime....

"Ain't Gonna Bump No More With No Big Fat Women"
Grimly Fiendish

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum