Maddy mccann - Little girl missing

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby adamnbarrett » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:23 pm

Innocent until proven guilty.

The Portugese police are desperate to have anyone for this. I also get the impression that they don't have a clue what they are doing and haven't from day one.
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 2:33 pm

adamnbarrett wrote:Innocent until proven guilty.

The press might have you think it's the other way round.

Let the Police get on with it I say.

We'll see what happens.
LFC2007

Postby PhiLFC » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:19 pm

lakes10 wrote:I think a lot of the UK have felt that the only way we was going to find out what happend was to ask the parents.

I have been had ago at for saying this in the past but the way they have both acted has not been right.

Well as a nation we do question things from all angles because we're allowed to as free people, free press, free media and everything.... aren't we?

And I do agree with you on the way the parents have reacted or acted. We don't all act the same way to certain situations but I've found it difficult to come to terms with these two from the time the story broke.

* as a parent of a girl about the same age as Madeleine I find it beyond belief that they left the children alone - Madeleine was only 3 at the time and she was the oldest. However this doesn't make up for the fact that evil entered into the apartment and took the little girl out of her bed and away from her family

* how can they face the world's media without breaking down... I would be fucking absolutely distraught but i haven't seen these two cry once in public or did I miss it. Its difficult but let's not judge a book by its cover.
PhiLFC

Postby Big Niall » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:53 pm

Bit harsh treating them as guilty.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby matrix » Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:10 pm

ffs  lets wait and see what happens...

to many of you jumping in with 2 feet...

lets see when the facts come out...

if any of the parents are guilty, they can rot in fuc.king hell...

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:08 pm

So far as the whole case is concerned, I suspected something fishy from the start. The whole circus around it was so overblown, so OTT, that it seemed almost forced. Look at the parents of Rhys Jones - one appeal for information, then keeping their head down. Whereas the McCanns' publicity seeking has made the Beckhams look like Howard Hughes.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby metalhead » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:41 pm

I watched a bit of CNN today and they put on about Kate Mcann being a suspect, I'm not convinced she is into this abduction, the CNN conducted some phone conferences and interviews with the mcann's family and they are all shocked and bewildered with the situation that is happening. Maybe the family don't know something that the Mcanns do.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:59 pm

stmichael wrote:So far as the whole case is concerned, I suspected something fishy from the start. The whole circus around it was so overblown, so OTT, that it seemed almost forced. Look at the parents of Rhys Jones - one appeal for information, then keeping their head down. Whereas the McCanns' publicity seeking has made the Beckhams look like Howard Hughes.

I know what you mean, the whole media thing was really bizaar and I found it all uncomfortable. I personally found the fact that (when a report that Maddy had been seen in Morocco) the parents didn’t change their plans…instead of heading straight there looking, they went off to Holland to perform some press conference.

I really hope they didn’t have anything to do with it, but the handling of the entire media/PR thing has been very distasteful and poorly managed.  At times the Parents’ of maddy have looked fame seeking.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:24 pm

Seems to me that a lot of people are jumping to a lot of conclusions.

The "parents did it" is still a theory but lets not talk like it's fact. If people are wrong with this theory they stand to be saying some of the most fiendish stuff possible about one of the worst traumas a person can go through.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby ConnO'var » Fri Sep 07, 2007 8:29 pm

JBG wrote:Seems to me that a lot of people are jumping to a lot of conclusions.

The "parents did it" is still a theory but lets not talk like it's fact. If people are wrong with this theory they stand to be saying some of the most fiendish stuff possible about one of the worst traumas a person can go through.

Agreed and very well put.
:nod

This has been a sad episode and time will tell... More importantly, hopefully, they'll find Maddie....
ConnO'var

Postby Ciggy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:20 pm

Dont think the scottish auntie should have said what she said tonight like could well feck everything up.

How could they have hid her body for 5 weeks? For the blood to be in a hire car five weeks later a body doesnt bleed for long after death.

I was having my doubts but now I think Ive been wrong in doubting them.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:47 pm

I think this whole thing stinks, the Portuguese police are just clutching at straws because of the way they :censored: things up in the first place, the time that elapsed before they started to act was key stone like to say the least, its a 30 minute drive to get across the border the first thing they should of done is to set road blocks.

I don't care if it happened in their country, they should of been left to do door to door enquiries and traffic control  and let the UK Police be flown over to take over the case.

The last I heard on it was that they are saying that traces of blood have been found on the walls of the apartment,on the toy the mum hasn't let out of her site since Maddie went missing and in some hire car that was hired and used by the parents weeks after, the rest seem to be based on forensic tests and a theory that they had sedated her so they could go out drinking, they are doctors a sedation is not the sort of thing they would make a mess of, and lets just say they did, how the :censored: did they manage to injure her in such a way to leave such a trail of blood by trying to wake her ?

You hear terrible things that parents have done to their kids every day in the news, but in this case I don't believe they had anything to do with it, the Portugese Police are so desperate to bring this to an end that I am surprised they haven't arrested and charged some Portugese mute vagrant !

My thoughts STILL go out to the family of Maddie , innocent until proven guilty, and even then in some Kangaroo Court, by a justice system that is no doubt as incapable as their Police force.
destro

Postby Ciggy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:06 pm

That auntie Phil in Scotland needs to keep her mouth shut though TBH she might seriously damage this case, shes been on every news channel since This Morning.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:14 pm

What's she saying Lynds?
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:22 pm

Igor Zidane wrote:What's she saying Lynds?

:D  Ive got to laugh she really kickin off big time, she was on GMTV then on This Morning, been on Sky, BBC news just been on Sky again she really laying into the Portugese police.
She said the police offered Kate a deal last night of a two year prison sentance if she confesses to have killed Maddy accidently.
She's calling the sniffer dogs everything, and said if the dogs smelt death well they are doctors  :Oo:
She's off on one and could jeopodise this whole case Gerry is still being interviewed.
Kates mother is saying they have set her up and planted blood in the hire car, its getting nasty.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum