Local legends - North west weirdos

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Rafa D » Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:57 am

Every town has them don't they?  Local legends known for their acts of violence, their urban myths or their sheer craziness!

Well here's a thread to tell the forum about your favorite local legends and see if people recognise them. Everyone must know one so why dont you put it down.

I'll start with the most famous off them all: Purple Aki!

Purple Aki

This guy was the ultimate urban legend when you where a kid. He originally came from Birkenhead as a child but is known as coming from Liverpool. His legend goes as far as Newcastle but St Helens was his main hunting ground. We often heard stories of him living in Bidston Hill by us and bumming lads and scraping his intials into their :censored: cheeks. He was a massive frame of a man and was downright scary. I only ever saw him once and me dad pointed him out as he used to knock round with him when they were kids.

He was jailed for 6 years in 2003 in Preston Crown court details here:
Aki Jailed

And it was reported yesterday Purple Aki is now been set free, oh :censored:!!   :down:
Aki Out

* Favorite story  -  When he was outside Anfield on a match night and tried to stare out a road ender. The road ender chased him down the street and gave him a hiding!

Wiki Purple Aki
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:03 am

i can remember aki from my police days in st helens, we could never get him on an ID parade as we could never get any other people who looked like him to do the parade. we would have to drive round with the victim until they just pointed him out in the street.  freaky man    :D

when i was a kid in tuebrook i lived on new road, at the back of the railway line there was a hospital, as kids we thought it was a mental hospital but i think it was a OAP hospital, anyway at the bottom of the road was allotments and a playground, and also a tunnel under the railway through to newsham park, there was a myth there that if you went through alone then yellowhead would get you, he apparently had a yellow whicker head    :laugh:
112-1077774096

Postby Rafa D » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:08 am

Plank

One of the people that make going out to shop in Birkenhead Town Shopping Centre so unique. This lad is at least 7ft tall and skinny as hell. He has ginger hair and the smallest head ever in proportion to his height. He looks like a gumba off Super Mario Bros film and goes around with a toy gun in a holster and a drum kit round his neck.

He is often seen running round firing his gun at people and shouting as loud as he can. Has also been spotted in Yates with a coke and cigar many times. he is a crazy cat.

*Fav Story - Me and a few of my mates were on a night out on a Wednesday and went into the John Laird wetherspoons. We sat down and this guy was at the table next to us. He kept staring at us and it didn't bother me as I knew he was fecked up in the head , although my mate Galloway blew his top in the end and asked him "What are you staring at?"

I expected the lad to bale or at least turn away but to my mates collective shock he called Galloway " a ginger :censored:". Me mate Galloway is ginger as well but to hear a fellow ginger call a ginger a ginger :censored: shocked us and left us all laughing at Galloway. Class act.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:20 am

I expected the lad to bale or at least turn away but to my mates collective shock he called Galloway " a ginger ". Me mate Galloway is ginger as well but to hear a fellow ginger call a ginger a ginger  shocked us and left us all laughing at Galloway. Class act.

:laugh:

Have to say I've never heard on a ginger taking the pi$$ out of another ginger, for being ginger :D
66-1112520797

Postby daxy1 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:45 am

ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaa! purple feckin aki he used to scare the sh!t out of us when we were kids once he chased us round town and we hid in the arcade in charing cross we got told he'd carve are :censored: if he caught us feckin hell raffa dodd youd turn his @rse to mulch if you got yer hands on him wouldnt ya! and that tall lad is autistic mad as a box of frogs he was livin in a hole in the ground in arrowe park woods i seen him mevery mornin when i walked me dogs. there's another who hangs around the carparks behind jjb and he pours boilin water on his feet till the blister and all the skin is comin off and says he needs money because some lads do this to him in the hostel he stays in worth a quid to see someone has done that pure mad head

purple aki pmsl havent heard that for years he he!

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:43 pm

peewee wrote:i can remember aki from my police days in st helens, we could never get him on an ID parade as we could never get any other people who looked like him to do the parade. we would have to drive round with the victim until they just pointed him out in the street.  freaky man    :D

when i was a kid in tuebrook i lived on new road, at the back of the railway line there was a hospital, as kids we thought it was a mental hospital but i think it was a OAP hospital, anyway at the bottom of the road was allotments and a playground, and also a tunnel under the railway through to newsham park, there was a myth there that if you went through alone then yellowhead would get you, he apparently had a yellow whicker head    :laugh:

I know the tunnel you are talking about.  I never used to live far from Newsham Park and some bird dropped me off the other side of the park once after work and I had to walk through that tunnel to get home.  On my own as well.

Horrible little tunnel, should be knocked down.  Didn't see no freaks trying to attack me though.  Which is rare for Newsham Park if we're being honest!!!  :D

Does anyone remember a fella who was mentally ill, called Chinnyboo who used to run round St John's Precinct most afternoons about 5 - 10 years ago?  Used to collect toy cars and there was slobber all the time down his chin!!!

:laugh:  :laugh:
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 12:45 pm

Not laughing at the mentally ill like, just the way he ran top speed round the precinct!!!  Was a killer if you saw him doing it!!!!!

jonnymac1979

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:50 pm

anyone remember danny and his tranny in tuebrook, (dont get excited judge, its a transistor radio and not a transexual).

he used to walk round with his dog and radio all day, he was a sarnie short of a picnic.

haha jonny, did you run through the tunnel realy fast, i used to when i was a kid in case yellow head got me     :D
112-1077774096

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 2:57 pm

No I just thought it was dead weird and horrible and very random.  Nothing to be scared of but spooky all the same especially on your own when it's dark, which is when I walked through it. 

It was only the once about two and a half years ago when I walked through it after I'd been dropped off my mine after work before I had a car of my own, back in those dark days when I had to accept lifts rather than get on public transport because it's a lod of wank.  It reminded me of the type of place a tramp could have a good nights sleep.  The bird who dropped me there must have clearly known about it.

You just don't expect to see such a horrible little tunnel that has no business being there.  It's weird isn't it?  I thought I was going to end up in Narnia or somewhere like that though when I got out the other side.
jonnymac1979

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:00 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:Does anyone remember a fella who was mentally ill, called Chinnyboo

Hahaha, I've just remembered, I swear, he used to have a little mate who we used to call MINIBOO!!!!!  He had a dead high pitched voice like he was on helium all the time!!!!

:wwww  :laugh:  :wwww  :laugh:  :wwww
jonnymac1979

Postby daxy1 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:07 pm

who's the fella on the bike that has all the anti smokin signs on it and what feckin language does he speak he's off his chunk!!!!!

daxy1
LFC Super Member

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:10 pm

daxy1 wrote:who's the fella on the bike that has all the anti smokin signs on it and what feckin language does he speak he's off his chunk!!!!!

oh mate, i remember him, i saw one day in north wales then later in the day i saw him in liverpool.

does anyone remember plink a plink, he was a busker but he only had a cardboard cut out guitar and he used to pretend to play it and say plink a plink at the same time
Last edited by 112-1077774096 on Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
112-1077774096

Postby taff » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:23 pm

I remember Plink plink when I lived in Liverpool in the 90's

I had a run in with Purple Aki as well, he used to intimidate students in the campus in town.

Anyone remember Jaffa
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:26 pm

taff wrote::laugh:
I remember Plink plink when I lived in Liverpool in the 90's

I had a run in with Purple Aki as well, he used to intimidate students in the campus in town.

Anyone remember Jaffa

Iv never seen Jaffa but in the early 70's they used to chant his name in the kop. Someone told me he was black with orange hair?
Last edited by account deleted by request on Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Oct 27, 2006 3:26 pm

yeah mate, jaffa. he used to run a marathon every day that guy, seriously he run miles every day, very fit. used to stand on the kop.

i wonder what happened to him
112-1077774096

Next

Return to General Chat Forum