Laptop help please

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:41 pm

Ciggy wrote:
s@int wrote:Just right click on your INTERNET EXPLORER icon. Click on PROPERTIES from the list. Click on the CONNECTIONS option from the tabs on top. Choose SETTINGS . Then delete everything in the SETTINGS option. (Unless you use a script or password which I would doubt) Click OK and hopefully you will be back up and running.

If it deleted your home page, just click on General tab and copy   
Code: Select all
 http://www.google.co.uk/
that in to the home page box at the top. It will give you Google as your home page, but you can change it to what you want once you are back online.

Done all that, but the screen just remains blank when I click on the IE icon, my ip is also different to the one in the laptop  ???

Right click on I.E. icon. Choose CONNECTIONS. Choose settings. Add a tick to use a proxy server, this will highlight Advanced box. Click on advanced. Delete everything in advanced. Click ok. Take tick away TO USE PROXY SERVER again. Click OK.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby redbeergoggles » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:29 pm

Start your lap top in safe mode, and remove all security then install McAfee security suite it retails at around £40 ,sounds like you have a nasty trojan kid ,the longer you leave it the better camouflage it will attain and will lie dormant . 
I personally would give it to the tech guys in PC World at Speke retail prk for a thorough examination ,but if thats not an option open to you try my first suggestion, McAfee is the best and will identify any Trojan hopefully "good luck" ,but dont forget its important to start in safe mode as to limit the trojans influence .
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Woollyback » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:51 am

redbeergoggles? you didn't join here in may 2008, you've been here for fkin years   :oh:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:53 am

Have you tried downloading the latest Internet Explorer (I use firefox) and tried reinstalling it? sometimes the easiest answers are the best :)
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:54 am

Woollyback wrote:redbeergoggles? you didn't join here in may 2008, you've been here for fkin years   :oh:

He couldnt remember his password so he had to create another account if I remember correctly.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:44 am

i love my mac :nod: :D

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:51 am

andy_g wrote:i love my mac :nod: :D

andy's mac  :grinning:
Judge