Just bought a snes

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Paul C » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:46 am

Saw how cheap they were on Ebay so I had to get one, it was £17 with 4 games and 2 controllers plus it's in really good nick.  I've bought 2 more games for it and want some more but for about £4.50 a game inc P&P you canna complain with that  :cool:
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:53 am

Street Fighter 2, F-Zero, Super Mario Kart, Super Tennis.......those were the days indeedy.

Get The Legend Of Zelda, one of the best games you'll ever play.
jonnymac1979

Postby JBG » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:02 am

Nintendo's next generation console, the Revolution, which will be released sometime over the next year, will be backwards compatible with all Nintendo games and systems, so even first generation Nintendo games of the 1980s will work, as well as SNES, N64 and Gamecube games.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:27 am

Ive got an emulator in my Xbox memory with 1400 Snes games :D Can also play PS1 and PS2 games on it, plus N64 games.
Old favs Zelda, Super  Mario, and Donkey kong 1,2,3, do you think I need to grow up :cool:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:30 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:do you think I need to grow up :cool:

I think you are a man caught in a woman's body ciggy.  :D

You love football, console games and getting drunk, what more could you ask for!  :D
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:31 am

Ive got a PS2 and I would love to play Donkey kong but I cant find it anywhere?
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:32 am

LFC #1 wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:do you think I need to grow up :cool:

I think you are a man caught in a woman's body ciggy.  :D

You love football, console games and getting drunk, what more could you ask for!  :D

:laugh: I think I must be Scott  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:34 am

Lee J wrote:Ive got a PS2 and I would love to play Donkey kong but I cant find it anywhere?

Its a disk you load into the Xbox bios, so when you start it up you get a menu, either play an xbox game, or play from self installed emulators, thats how I can play them.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:50 am

ive still got my nintendo, snes, n64 and game cube... cant chuck em, they are too good. the mario games on the snes rock!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:56 am

did anyone ever play a football game on the snes called fever pitch? it was absolutely mint.

there were basically no rules. most players had special moves. there were bargers (who just ran through everyone), leapers (who jumped over tackles), blasters (with a thunderbolt shot), benders (with a curling shot) and divers (who would dive anywhere on the pitch to win a penalty or free kick).

it was so funny. if one of the leapers trie to leap over a tackle you could volley him in mid air. you could also use flying headbutts off the ball.  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:22 pm

Can't beat old school gaming, all the games these days are graphics and not enough gameplay, I want the following games:

Mario All Stars (got)
Kick Off 3 (got)
Zombie ate my neighbours
Pop 'n Twinbee (got)
Super punch out
Street Fighter (also getting Aniversary ed on Xbox)
Zelda (even though I had it and I'm cr3p at it)
F-Zero
NBA Jam
Bomberman
etc.........

:)
Last edited by Paul C on Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:29 pm

Ok, if you, ahem, "own" the licences to old SNES games and either your SNES no longer works or your game is broken you can find the ROMS to pretty much every SNES game ever on the net for, er, ahem, "free" download. :p

BTW, CGGY, I don't believe you when you say that you have a PS2 emulator......as far as I know there is no proper PS2 emulator available that will properly emulate the PS2. There are one or two beta emulators for the PS2 that will play one or two games, no more.

Whats your emulator called?

While we are at it, Amiga emulation has some cracking games as well.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:35 pm

JBG wrote:Ok, if you, ahem, "own" the licences to old SNES games and either your SNES no longer works or your game is broken you can find the ROMS to pretty much every SNES game ever on the net for, er, ahem, "free" download. :p

BTW, CGGY, I don't believe you when you say that you have a PS2 emulator......as far as I know there is no proper PS2 emulator available that will properly emulate the PS2. There are one or two beta emulators for the PS2 that will play one or two games, no more.

JBG The emulator is called SlaYors_EvoX
Evolution X. The only Ps games that work though are copies it doesnt take original.
Last edited by Ciggy on Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:50 pm

JBG wrote:Ok, if you, ahem, "own" the licences to old SNES games and either your SNES no longer works or your game is broken you can find the ROMS to pretty much every SNES game ever on the net for, er, ahem, "free" download. :p

Yeah you can get emulators but it's not the same as playing it through the TV on a 'real' Super Nintendo, yeah I could get my Xbox chipped but I don't wanna cos I mainly play Xbox Live  :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:04 pm

Paul, I'm getting me one of those handheld PS2's when they come out.  Pro Evo 4 on the move.  I'm still sh!t at it though.  I only play it on 3 stars. 

Jay, a mate of mine plays it on 7 stars and can wipe the floor with any team on it.

When's it out over here do you know?
jonnymac1979

Next

Return to General Chat Forum