Just bought a snes

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:01 pm

If you like your old Nes, Snes, N64 and NGC games, buy a Nintendo Revolution console when it comes out. Not only is it going to be able to play NGC discs AND DVDs, it's completly wireless, the size of three DVD cases and really really cool, but you can also download any Ninty game ever made including all of the Mario, Mariokart, Zelda, F-Zero, Kirby, Pokemon, Mario Golf/Tennis, Tetris, Donkey Kong, Metroid and many more. It will also be way cheaper than it's adverseries and will boast much better features, but it will be true gaming innovation on every level.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:17 pm

The Ace1983 wrote:but it will be true gaming innovation on every level.

Hey ACE you sure you dont work for Nintendo mate!!!
sounds like something they would say just prior to release!

:D
76-1115222408

Postby The Ace1983 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:29 pm

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:
The Ace1983 wrote:but it will be true gaming innovation on every level.

Hey ACE you sure you dont work for Nintendo mate!!!
sounds like something they would say just prior to release!

No Comment.  :D
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Gareth G » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:54 pm

jonnymac1979 wrote:He plays it on six then.  Don't know about buying stuff though, because I play on my brothers and I don't think he bought it. ???

I am nowhere near that level, admittedly, I am sh!te at it.  I did manage to beat Manchester United 4 - 1 last night though.  I battered them, there is a surefire way of beating them on it, which they can do nothing about.

I mean buying it with the credit's you gain by winning or drawing matches mate. You can also buy thing's like new style's on the ball's ( think the normal one is REITERO or something ), different training ground's, stadium effect's and lot's of other stuff. I think you gi into option's to get to the menu where you buy this stuff - I can't remember though as I haven't been playing it this last two week's or so, too busy playing managing game's.

Do you know there is a PES5 coming out dude? Think it's due around October or possibly earlier.
Last edited by Gareth G on Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:59 pm

KOP-1892 wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:He plays it on six then.  Don't know about buying stuff though, because I play on my brothers and I don't think he bought it. ???

I am nowhere near that level, admittedly, I am sh!te at it.  I did manage to beat Manchester United 4 - 1 last night though.  I battered them, there is a surefire way of beating them on it, which they can do nothing about.

I mean buying it with the credit's you gain by winning or drawing matches mate. You can also buy thing's like new style's on the ball's ( think the normal one is REITERO or something ), different training ground's, stadium effect's and lot's of other stuff. I think you gi into option's to get to the menu where you buy this stuff - I can't remember though as I haven't been playing it this last two week's or so, too busy playing managing game's.

Do you know there is a PES5 coming out dude? Think it's due around October or possibly earlier.

Oh right, well then, our Dave has all that sh!te, ball effects and stadiums and stuff.  He must have done it years ago when I moved out. I've only started playing Pro Evo 4 in the last two months.
jonnymac1979

Postby Gareth G » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:00 pm

Yeah I just switched it on there and checked it out, incase you're interested, you go to option's then PES - shop.
Gareth G
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:50 am

The Ace1983 wrote:If you like your old Nes, Snes, N64 and NGC games, buy a Nintendo Revolution console when it comes out. Not only is it going to be able to play NGC discs AND DVDs, it's completly wireless, the size of three DVD cases and really really cool, but you can also download any Ninty game ever made including all of the Mario, Mariokart, Zelda, F-Zero, Kirby, Pokemon, Mario Golf/Tennis, Tetris, Donkey Kong, Metroid and many more. It will also be way cheaper than it's adverseries and will boast much better features, but it will be true gaming innovation on every level.

The Revolution will be able to play Gamecube discs but regards to N64, SNES and NES you will have to download them from Nintendo and pay for them, I really hope this console is good because I feel it's make or break for Nintendo outside of Asia, look what happened to Sega :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Ace1983 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:07 am

Paul C wrote:
The Ace1983 wrote:If you like your old Nes, Snes, N64 and NGC games, buy a Nintendo Revolution console when it comes out. Not only is it going to be able to play NGC discs AND DVDs, it's completly wireless, the size of three DVD cases and really really cool, but you can also download any Ninty game ever made including all of the Mario, Mariokart, Zelda, F-Zero, Kirby, Pokemon, Mario Golf/Tennis, Tetris, Donkey Kong, Metroid and many more. It will also be way cheaper than it's adverseries and will boast much better features, but it will be true gaming innovation on every level.

The Revolution will be able to play Gamecube discs but regards to N64, SNES and NES you will have to download them from Nintendo and pay for them, I really hope this console is good because I feel it's make or break for Nintendo outside of Asia, look what happened to Sega :(

I know what you mean, but Sega was a money grabbing company that cut corners all the time and only really had one franchise (Sonic) which always tried too hard to be cool. The Dreamcast was just bad timing, due to the fact that everyone either had a playststion or an N64 already and nobody wanted a console with no contracts (and when one of your flagship titles is Sega Bass Fishing, expect trouble).

As for the games being downloadable, they may cost very little indeed as Nintendo are likely only to charge about 20p in profit, plus maintenance and rights. You may be able to pick up N64 games for as little as £1.

The main problem with the NGC was the fact that it didn't have a DVD drive and this cost it in the war with Microsoft and Sony, but it's price pulled it back and eventually it was the only console to make a real profit (even the PS2 lost a lot of money due to Sony's failed experiments like the first 468 versions of the eyetoy which all broke) and part of this was due to the fact that NGC discs cost 5p, and PS2/Xbox discs cost 12p. And if you ask anyone who owned a cube what the worst game was, they'd probably say something that still got 3 stars or around 70% because the most of the games were so good. The Metroid games took on both of the Halo games and came off equal and the New Zelda game is being hyped as the greeatest gaming experience of all time. Not to mention Killer 7, The new Resident Evils, the improved Metal Gears, the Marios, The kiddie Zelda game, F- Zero GX (which had a fps rate twice that of the last Wipeout) and all the others. It had Bongos, microphones, the first Wireless controllers, the best contracts and the most innovation by far.

If you like gaming, always go Nintendo. They will always pleasantly suprise you. The Revolution will even have a DVD player.
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:11 am

I had a PS2 and Gamecube but sold them both at Christmas cos I wanted an Xbox as I love online gaming, I am always arguing with my mate who is an avid PS fan, he says 'teno games are kidish and all you do it collect coins for something, I think that these days games just aren't fun, their all serious and about how realistic you can get the graphics, fair enough I like my GT and Forza games but all games are the same these days :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Piewhack » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:26 am

KOP-1892 wrote:
jonnymac1979 wrote:Do you know there is a PES5 coming out dude? Think it's due around October or possibly earlier.

Yeah it will be out sometime early October if it meets its pass date.

It's coming into the office in the next couple of weeks!!!  I can't wait to have a go on it!!!

Plus there is a PSP version that is coming out around the same time!!!

Oh JOY!!!    :buttrock
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:47 am

Piewhack wrote:It's coming into the office in the next couple of weeks!!!  I can't wait to have a go on it!!!

Do you work for Sony or sumthin?
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Piewhack » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:50 am

In the tech park in wavertree yeah.
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:58 am

Piewhack, I heard face value from a fella I know that you's all got flown out to Istanbul as part of working for Sony as they are sponsors.

Is this true or was I being bullshitted?  Did you get flown out for the European Cup final?
jonnymac1979

Postby Piewhack » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:04 pm

Half true....

There were 21 guest tickets (courtesy of playstation 2 as they are the UEFA champions leauge sponsers)
There was a raffle on the work email to get the chance to BUY the tickets.. they cost me 120 quid for two.

It was great.. we got to sit in the guest section up at the top of the east stand!!

The only bad thing is that once i'd got my tickets for the game.. i had a week to find myself a flight to Istanbul!!!
Piewhack
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:33 pm

Good stuff.  Sounds like a top place to work, being a games tester and all that.  Used to go out with a girl who was put there by a job agency but she didn't like it.  Only lasted a day or two.

I took a week off work after the final, half holidays, half sick, I was on the pi$$ solidly.
jonnymac1979

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum