July 1st - Comin up....

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 3:03 pm

Bamaga man wrote:
It's not unacceptable Sabre, it uses that murder as an example of the PSYCHOLOGICAL EFFECTS of moderate to high Cannabis use over a long time. I never said the Cannabis was committing a murder, the EFFECT of MODERATE cannabis use over a long time can cause Schizophrenia, these people were HEAVILY influenced by Cannabbis and the evidence strongly points to their mental incapacity as a significant reason for the murders

Going down that route isnt very valid IMO, firstly it CAN produce Schizophrenia, it doesnt mean it will give everyone who smokes it Schizophrenia. Taken one point in which are murder commited, doesnt really hold up for people when comparing it with Alcohol. No, not at all. How many alcoho deaths are recorded every year, how many people cause serious injury or death when under the influence of alcohol. What happens every Friday and Saturday night, in most towns and Cities throughout the UK, its not uncommon for fights to kick off, ending in serious consequences.

You had a fair point about the possibilitiy of  Schizophrenia, but like wise your liver could break down if drinking too much. Mentally or Physically its not what anyone would want.

Using alcohol MODERATELY over a long time does not cause these effects, not on the same scale as Cannabis.

How do you know have you tried using both over long periods moderately, plus everyone is different.

The cannabis in Britain is different - a lot stronger- from elsewhere except holand where they are cannabis kings - it is much stronger, I have friends from Brazil who were shocked when they tried some of it over here, it is much stronger.

That quite simply isnt true.

Smoking cannabis consistently will NOT cause mental health problems in EVERY case, but the incidences are higher than amongst other drugs when used moderately

Are you comparing just Cannabis and alcohol, if you are your possibly right, but like I said Cannabis wont cause mental health problems in many cases, drink driving definately kills more. If you are comparing Cannabis to other drugs like LSD, Amphetimene and Cocaine then you are wrong.

Basically both alcohol and Cannabis have different effects, both may have Pro's both definately have Cons.

I don't know how to multiquote but I'll respond anyway:

1) I NEVER said it caused Schizophrenia in EVERY SITUATION. I make it patently clear if you read my posts, ones to Sabre, that the incidence is higher in people who smoke Cannabis.

2) Alcohol deaths are caused as a result of EXCESSIVE drinking in most cases. You can smoke Cannabis moderately over a long time, not necessarily in EXCESS, and develop psychosis. There is scientific evidence that cannabis causes psychosis in higher incidences than Alcohol taken moderately over a similar period.

3) If you read this whole thread most of your points are answered in abundance.

4) Cannabis in Britain is a lot stronger and is DIFFERENT to Cannabis in other countries, but not EVERY country - especially South America. I have friends in Brazil, it IS different and much stronger. It is true.

5) LSD, Amphetamine and Cocaine are stronger than Cannabis, they are ILLEGAL and a higher classification.
I am comparing Cannabis and alcohol because the argument is whether Cannabis should be legalised, that is why. Drink driving kills more, of course it does - that is outside of the law, Cannabis causes psychological effects that Drinking in moderation does not produce - that is why it is illegal.
LFC2007

Postby shanks72 » Sat Jun 16, 2007 10:50 pm

Thought I sounded a bit prejudiced earlier so just want to say that I have nothing against smokers...it's up to them if they smoke.

It's just nice to be able to choose if I breathe it in or not :D

my mate used to smoke and if I went out with him I was accepting the fact...although now he's given up for health reasons and i don't see him so much nowadays anyways. I reckon it's easier for girls to be friends with blokes...blokes always complicate things :D

Anyways, my mum has 4 brothers and they all smoked....just recently one has given up.

This post is not sounding too good, but I'm being hassled to get off the laptop.

Soooo...to conclude...I stand by everything I've said about smoking...but if you smokers want to smoke then you carry on...
(Just not in enclosed public spaces, ok...  :;): )
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kunilson » Sun Jun 17, 2007 10:12 am

blokes always complicate things?

comedian :D
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby The Hitman » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:23 pm

Im a smoker pubs in town will find it hard 

what happens if you go outside for a fag and when you get back in some scally has nicked your pint or your seat?
The Hitman

Postby kunilson » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:53 pm

violence, thats what.
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby shanks72 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:49 pm

kunilson wrote:blokes always complicate things?

comedian :D

haha  :D

seriously though we were good mates, but when he wanted to change things it sorta messed everything up. I was happy to carry on as mates...and he said he was, but blokes have an ego don't they...

We are still mates, just don't see him as much which is a shame.

Anyways this has nothing to do with smoking really...  :D
Image Image

shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RAGE UK » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:14 am

I cannot believe some of you :censored: that don’t take the perfect opportunity to give up a life style that is killing you.
And are so ignorant not to give others that do not smoke the opportunity to be able to breathe air without taking a lung full you second hand smoke.
I see day after day people driving with young kids in their car smoking in enclosed cars how fecking ignorant can you get .and you just don’t give a monkeys do you .
I’m sick of looking in to a restaurants window to see people sitting smoking there bollox off and I’m not able go in because I don’t want my kids or my grandson to have to breath your :censored: so we move on to a restaurant that is no smoking  .
Let’s face it you could not give 2 fecks about anyone else including your kids or other people’s children people with asthma or any other breather disorder as long as you can smoke.
Roll on July the 1st.
One more thing.
According to my doctor patents will be required to have stopped smoking for a period of 4 months before being considered for any kind of operation  and will be given smoking tests before being given respiratory medication . Now make you mind up a fag or the operation you need?
And I know some people with asthma that smoke how thick is that.
At the end of the day we do not want to stink like you yes you fecking stink real bad.
We do not want out children to breathe your smoke and smell like you.
As far as I m concerned you can rot from the inside out and smell like ashtrays and I will not have to put up with it any more.
If you still want to smoke take a walk outside you will still smell but we will not have to breathe your :censored: smoke any more.

ROLL ON JULY THE 1ST.
LIVERPOOL FC    ….> NOW THAT’S ENTERTAINMENT <…
RAGE UK

Postby Lando_Griffin » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:29 am

RAGE UK wrote:I cannot believe some of you :censored: that don’t take the perfect opportunity to give up a life style that is killing you.
And are so ignorant not to give others that do not smoke the opportunity to be able to breathe air without taking a lung full you second hand smoke.
I see day after day people driving with young kids in their car smoking in enclosed cars how fecking ignorant can you get .and you just don’t give a monkeys do you .
I’m sick of looking in to a restaurants window to see people sitting smoking there bollox off and I’m not able go in because I don’t want my kids or my grandson to have to breath your :censored: so we move on to a restaurant that is no smoking  .
Let’s face it you could not give 2 fecks about anyone else including your kids or other people’s children people with asthma or any other breather disorder as long as you can smoke.
Roll on July the 1st.
One more thing.
According to my doctor patents will be required to have stopped smoking for a period of 4 months before being considered for any kind of operation  and will be given smoking tests before being given respiratory medication . Now make you mind up a fag or the operation you need?
And I know some people with asthma that smoke how thick is that.
At the end of the day we do not want to stink like you yes you fecking stink real bad.
We do not want out children to breathe your smoke and smell like you.
As far as I m concerned you can rot from the inside out and smell like ashtrays and I will not have to put up with it any more.
If you still want to smoke take a walk outside you will still smell but we will not have to breathe your :censored: smoke any more.

ROLL ON JULY THE 1ST.

You certainly live up to your name, mate. :D

I agree wholeheartedly. :nod

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:31 am

oh shuddup, we enjoy it!!! thats why we do it... and why not?

i know people whos asthma stopped when they started smoking. i know smokers in there 90s who are still healthier than me. if its your time its your time.

Ferris: Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.

end of story, its something we like doing.

let us smoke.
Last edited by dawson99 on Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:01 pm

66-1112520797

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Jun 18, 2007 7:52 pm

Has anyone just seen the news on liverpools city council smoking ban. Sorry but its a joke there telling any council workman that any time he has to attend a job fixing something in a council house he cant smoke a ciggy half an hour before and he cant smoke on the job, yer right i can just see that happening , it took years for people to stop smoking on the bus upstairs at closing time in Liverpool even when the ban was in place and now there trying to tell them not to go with a smokey breath to someones house best joke of the year for me so far
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:00 pm

I can understand the council not wanting them to smoke on the job, but not allowing them a ciggarette half an hour before is taking it a little too far in my opinion.
LFC2007

Postby shanks72 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:11 pm

My local council says that from July 1st none of it's employees will be able to take smoking breaks or smoke on any "council premises, grounds, or around gateways, entrances or exits to council premises"...

I think it is totally UNACCEPTABLE to deny it's workers smoking breaks and cannot see how such a draconian policy will work.
We all know nicotine is a drug...and that most 'addicts' cannot just stop smoking like that.

Although I agree with the ban...I totally disagree with this council policy and think it unworkable.
Last edited by shanks72 on Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image

shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jun 18, 2007 8:22 pm

shanks72 wrote:I think it is totally UNACCEPTABLE to deny it's workers smoking breaks and cannot see how such a draconian policy will work.
We all know nicotine is a drug...and that most 'addicts' cannot just stop smoking like that.

They should at least provide a smoking hut where all the nicotine "junkies" can go   :D  I don't mind chipping in for that, will a Sainsbury's homebase two windowed garden shed do for you Dawson?!

If the council do try and deny people the right to a smoking break, I envisage there being a few council managers who smoke who won't hesitate in allowing their subordinates a quick cig on the sly!

It's just impossible to enforce, and the hassle it would create wouldn't be worth it - they may even have to set up a smoking arbitration court. It might just come back to bite them in the backside. 

:pirate
LFC2007

Postby Kharhaz » Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:45 pm

From what I understand its voluntary, there asking the residents of liverpool to do that and not telling them. Asking for common courtesy I guess. But then again the people coming round are probably wanting to judge whether or not to stop your benefits so sod em smoke 20 in 20 mins !
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum