July 1st - Comin up....

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:23 am

But people don't drink responsibly why can you not understand that!!! ???
account deleted by request

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:24 am

s@int wrote:Why should I stand outside choking on your car fumes

Car fumes don't kill, and the concentration is MINISCULE compared to Ciggarett smoke.

Car fumes are everywhere, if you stand outside or inside they are still there, there is little if any difference between the concentration indoors or out.
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:26 am

LFC2007 wrote:
s@int wrote:Why should I stand outside choking on your car fumes

Car fumes don't kill, and the concentration is MINISCULE compared to Ciggarett smoke.

Car fumes are everywhere, if you stand outside or inside they are still there, there is little if any difference between the concentration indoors or out.

The emissions from car exhausts are responsible for more deaths than road accidents, according to World Health Organisation (WHO) research.

Author of the study Dr Carlos Dora explains his findings
A study looking at France, Austria and Switzerland found that the number of people dying from respiratory or cardiovascular problems which could be attributed to car fumes far outweighed the death toll from crashes.

The BBC's Richard Hannford: "Vehicle pollution is responsible for an extra 21,000 deaths"
The WHO will now ask 70 environment and health ministers gathering for a conference in London to adopt a new charter on transport policies to reduce the effects of pollution.

Dr Carlos Dora from the WHO European Centre for Environment and Health said: "The growing evidence that air pollution is causing a major health burden adds to effects of road traffic through noise, accidents and barriers to cycling and walking.

Roger Higman, Friends of the Earth: Pollution builds up rapidly to unhealthy levels
"We are paying a huge price for this excessive road transport with our money and our health."

The research found that one third of all harmful particulate air pollution was caused by road transport, and that long term exposure to pollution caused an estimated 21,000 premature deaths a year across the three countries.

This is far higher than the 9,947 who died that year as a result of road accidents.

Bill runs into billions

In addition, the researchers calculated that the car fumes caused 300,000 extra cases of bronchitis in children, and 15,000 extra hospital admissions for heart disease made worse by the pollution.

They calculated that the cost of dealing with all this was £27 billion Euros per year - about £16bn.

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:27 am

s@int wrote:But people don't drink responsibly why can you not understand that!!! ???

People don't drink responsibly, of course, that is NOT the issue. That is avoiding the issue.

Drinking Responsibly does NOT kill.

Smoking responsibly whilst in the presence of other does KILL.
LFC2007

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:32 am

s@int wrote:
the number of people dying from respiratory or cardiovascular problems which could be attributed to car fumes far outweighed the death toll from crashes.

"COULD"

The causes of respiratory related illnesses are diverse, how do you link car fumes DIRECTLY to these illnesses - you can't - it's not possible.

With passive smoking you can, there is direct evidence.

An 8 year old article.
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:35 am

Bollox , there is more evidence about deaths from car fumes than from secondary smoking. You go in your garage close the door and switch on your engine. I will go in mine and smoke 20 cigs. Lets see who walks out smiling :D

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:37 am

s@int wrote:Bollox , there is more evidence about deaths from car fumes than from secondary smoking. You go in your garage close the door and switch on your engine. I will go in mine and smoke 20 cigs. Lets see who walks out smiling :D

:laugh:  :D
LFC2007

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:39 am

But car fumes are in our atmosphere, an eternity of space - and are absorbed by trees and the ocean, clouds etc. Cigarette smoke is contained in a high concentration in a pub, a very small space. Regardless there will always be fumes emitted into the atmosphere - power stations, aeroplanes, cars etc. Coal burning and power stations emit the most I think.
LFC2007

Postby LFC #1 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:47 am

Dawson, move to Germany mate. Every fuker smokes there these days, especially in the 16 - 25 year old age bracket. This law has been mentioned in Germany too but it will be a lot harder to introduce, in fact I doubt it will be.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:16 am

F.uck the health risks of second-hand smoke, it's the fact that you come out of the pub reeking to high heaven that p!sses me right off.  Smokers can light up in the pub so long as they come round and do my laundry for me! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:24 am

Right.

This old "Do not work in a bar if you do not like smoke" gag is long past it's sell-by date. The fact is that being a waiter or bar tender has nothing whatsoever to do with fags. Not one thing. Nowhere in the job description does it mention "As part of your employment you must breathe in a killer smog created by the customers."

That, friends, is why there is a gluttony of claims against Landlords, etc, by ex-employees.

The "freedom of choice" line is also older than the Dead Sea Scrolls. How can anyone justify their "right" to smoke by citing "freedom of choice", when the very act they are trying to excuse breaches others' rights to clean air?

Cars are a tool that many people require in order to do their jobs.

Children do not kill simply by association.

And breast-feeding hurts no-one unless the Mother has a sensitive nipple.

Smoking is wrong - there can be no arguement. I am not trying to stop anyone from doing it, I'm simply saying they should put other people before themselves and just step outside.

If that's too much to ask, maybe smokers would like to sit next to someone waving a steaming pile of sh*t in their face all night? It might give them an idea of a non-smokers view of a smoking environment, but without the damage to their health.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:06 am

aww, go feck yerselfs :p
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:10 am

dawson99 wrote:aww, go feck yerselfs :p

You could have said that a few pages back and saved us all some bother  :D

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:26 am

lol...i have refuelled my nicotine levels this morning and am fine.

i will say this then nothing more. it may be a good idea, in restaurants it definately is. but pubs should get to choose, not have rules thrust apon us by some half-a$$ government .

there, now finished, onto flange  :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:31 am

dawson99 wrote:lol...i have refuelled my nicotine levels this morning and am fine.

i will say this then nothing more. it may be a good idea, in restaurants it definately is. but pubs should get to choose, not have rules thrust apon us by some half-a$$ government .

there, now finished, onto flange  :D

Yep, lets ban all women from pubs, they are a definate health risk, especially at my age  :D

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum