July 1st - Comin up....

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:34 am

i can smoke in private?

what next?
i can smoke in my bedroom, with the lights out, under my duvet?

Im sorry, its just wrong. the choice has been taken away.

as for the other views, im in rant mode :D
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:35 am

Why should you be allowed to eat dead flesh in front of others who may find it offensive. Surely there should be a law against eating murdered animals in public. If I am a vegetarian waiter why must I be forced to serve dead animals.
account deleted by request

Postby shanks72 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:39 am

dawson99 wrote:6: cant hunt foxes, even tho they are a menace

Foxes also have a right to life and if they 'cause a nusance (which I dispute) it's usually down to man again.

Anyways, regarding your smoking.

If it didn't affect other people there would be no problem.

If cigarettes could be invented that didn't kill then it wouldn't matter where you smoked.

It is not about you personally....it's about protecting innocent people from breathing in potentially harmful chemicals.

Why can't you smokers see that!!!!

If you were non smokers I reckon you'd be welcoming in this ban with open arms. It is all about protecting people...

After all why should you have the right to inflict your poisonous fumes onto us!!!
Image Image

REST IN PEACE DRUMMERPHIL, YNWA

underneath are the everlasting arms
deuteronomy 33:27
shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:40 am

s@int wrote:Why should you be allowed to eat dead flesh in front of others who may find it offensive. Surely there should be a law against eating murdered animals in public. If I am a vegetarian waiter why must I be forced to serve dead animals.

Because serving meat on a plate does not harm other people, it does not KILL people - that is why.

There are vegetarian restaurants, but there are also vegetarians who are happy to serve people in meat eating restaurants because they know it is their job.
LFC2007

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:42 am

dawson99 wrote:i can smoke in private?

what next?
i can smoke in my bedroom, with the lights out, under my duvet?

Im sorry, its just wrong. the choice has been taken away.

as for the other views, im in rant mode :D

I reckon it's just your nicotine urges that are keeping you going tonight Dawson!  :D
LFC2007

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:43 am

shanks72 wrote:

Foxes also have a right to life and if they 'cause a nusance (which I dispute) it's usually down to man again.

If cigarettes could be invented that didn't kill then it wouldn't matter where you smoked.

It is not about you personally....it's about protecting innocent people from breathing in potentially harmful chemicals.

If you were non smokers I reckon you'd be welcoming in this ban with open arms. It is all about protecting people...

After all why should you have the right to inflict your poisonous fumes onto us!!!

yet for hundreds of years we have been allowed. now this nanny state again being absolutely pathetic changes things on a whim.

All im saying is give us a smoking pub, why not?
have a non smoking pub and a smoking pub, see what one the people want!

does that not seem right to anyone?

and yes, gagging for a smoke, and it will be absoltuely beautiful when i smoke that lvoely nicotine  :love:
Last edited by dawson99 on Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanks72 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:45 am

s@int wrote:Why should you be allowed to eat dead flesh in front of others who may find it offensive. Surely there should be a law against eating murdered animals in public. If I am a vegetarian waiter why must I be forced to serve dead animals.

You smokers are missing the point...perhaps on purpose??

I am a vegetarian.

I do not find it offensive for other people to eat meat in front of me.

(I do not agree with eating veal, but that's another matter to do with the way the calves are reared which is very cruel indeed).

But if anyone eating meat damaged my health, then I wouldn't like it...but it doesn't hurt me...so on this subject I say each to their own.
Image Image

shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:45 am

dawson99 wrote:
shanks72 wrote:

yet for hundreds of years we have been allowed. now this nanny state again being absolutely pathetic changes things on a whim.

Private members clubs, yes. Public bars/restaurants, no.

For hundreds of years it's been accepted because people were not aware of the health effects of smoking!

It's only recently that extensive research has shown the effects of passive smoking aswell.
LFC2007

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:46 am

But its infringing on my right to work in the establishment I want, because I would have to serve dead flesh. So I am forced to work elsewhere. It affects my health because it makes me ill to look on people tearing dead flesh with their teeth.
Because serving meat on a plate does not harm other people, it does not KILL people - that is why

Tell that to all the "mad cow infected people" (oh sorry you can't, they are all dead)

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:48 am

LFC2007 wrote:
dawson99 wrote:
shanks72 wrote:

Private members clubs, yes. Public bars/restaurants, no.

For hundreds of years it's been accepted because people were not aware of the health effects of smoking!

It's only recently that extensive research has shown the effects of passive smoking aswell.

u facist commie!!!

u r SERIOUSLY saying that the people should not have the god given right to decide whether to go into a smoking or non smoking pub? Seriously?

Come on. Take 2 pubs. one is non smoking only. one is smoking. if the people want they can go to either.

that is the fair democratic way.

I cant see how you would not like something that 'the people' get to decide on?

you might hate smokers mate but from what uve said there u r on the wacky baccy  :rasp
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:51 am

s@int wrote:But its infringing on my right to work in the establishment I want, because I would have to serve dead flesh. So I am forced to work elsewhere. It affects my health because it makes me ill to look on people tearing dead flesh with their teeth.
Because serving meat on a plate does not harm other people, it does not KILL people - that is why

Tell that to all the "mad cow infected people" (oh sorry you can't, they are all dead)

Your first point is cack, serving meat has no health effects. There are vegetarians who do serve meat and go to meat eating restaurants where there are also vegetarian options.

It's not infringing on your right to work in the establishment you want - you can do so and plenty do. Feeling sick because of seeing meat is not a medical issue - it does not kill you - perhaps after a while in that environment you may get used to it.

Mad cow disease is a different issue that is going off on a tangent, and a pretty nasty and sarcastic remark I might add.

Eating meat does not PASSIVELY kill people, look it up.
LFC2007

Postby shanks72 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:53 am

dawson99 wrote:
shanks72 wrote:

and yes, gagging for a smoke, and it will be absoltuely beautiful when i smoke that lvoely nicotine  :love:

dawson...it is not 'on a whim'..it is because it has at last been realised that smoking damages your health and the health of those around you.

I do not think that your idea is feasible or practical.

Like someone else said...it's not that big a deal to go outside for a fag, surely.

If it's that good for you, saint and dawson, then I don't expect you wake up with a 'smoker's cough' in the morning.

But of course if you do then it is your choice after all.  :D
Image Image

shanks72
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:55 am

theyve only just realised?

come on, gimme a break. all im saying is give the people the choice. we are grown ups, we should be allwoed to smoke in a f*cking pub if we want. and if a bar manager or owner wants to let people smoke in HIS pub, then let him!
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:56 am

Eating meat does not PASSIVELY kill people, look it up.

Red meat 'linked to cancer risk' 

There are health concerns over red meat
A major study has found fresh evidence linking eating red and processed meat and bowel cancer, scientists say.
The European Prospective Investigation into Cancer and Nutrition (EPIC) looked at the dietary habits of over 500,000 people across Europe over 10 years.

Bowel cancer risk was a third higher for those who regularly ate over two 80g portions of red or processed meat a day, compared to less than one a week.

EPIC's study is reported in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute.

Red meat and alcohol bowel 'risk'

Eating a diet high in red meat and alcohol may triple the risk of a bowel disease relapse, according to research carried out on Tyneside.
Scientists at Newcastle University found those who ate larger amounts of red meat and drank more than two units of alcohol per day were at risk.

Researchers studied 183 men and women with ulcerative colitis in the north-east of England.

Those who eat over 100g of meat a day are three times more likely to relapse.

The risks increased further for those eating red and processed meat, with patients five times as likely to suffer a relapse.

The researchers also found that patients who had a high intake of animal protein in general - meat, fish and eggs - tripled the risk.

The same increased risk of relapse was seen for those who drank large amounts of alcohol.

The findings were published in the medical journal, Gut.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:57 am

At this moment in time smokers are the target, will the people who drive cars when there forced to walk carry this argument? the gas emitted from exhausts kill people as much as people who smoke.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum