Jkd - Will it work in a confrontation?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby The Ace1983 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:50 pm

I suppose the best martial art for a friday night bust up would be Drunken Boxing. I've seen a couple of vids of it and it looks so funny, but very powerful. Hapkido was invented in a brewery so I guess I'll stick with that. :D
The Ace1983
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:56 pm

I did karate for a couple of years , certainly reinforces your confidence , however the first time I attempted to employ it for real I was in a bar and fairly drunk, started to stand on one leg to deliver a roundhouse kick and promptly fell over . :laugh:

My enemy stood there looking at me with a puzzled wtf expression, giving me just enough time to get up, and t'wat him over the head with a handy beer bottle, which didn't even break :laugh:

We both got slung out and ended up laughing and buying each other a pint at another a bar down the road.

Drunken Master is the way to go . 

:D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:54 pm

:laugh:  :cool: :laugh:
account deleted by request

Postby Sabre » Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:45 pm

woof woof ! wrote:I did karate for a couple of years , certainly reinforces your confidence , however the first time I attempted to employ it for real I was in a bar and fairly drunk, started to stand on one leg to deliver a roundhouse kick and promptly fell over . :laugh:

My enemy stood there looking at me with a puzzled wtf expression, giving me just enough time to get up, and t'wat him over the head with a handy beer bottle, which didn't even break :laugh:

We both got slung out and ended up laughing and buying each other a pint at another a bar down the road.

Drunken Master is the way to go . 

:D

That's a nice story.  :D

Maybe a stupid question, but what's the typical reason you pick up a fight up there with some guy when drunk?

Here the reasons tend to be quite stupid, most common ones

a) I don't like how you're looking at me. Depending on the answer, you pick a fight or not

b) talking with a girl and the guy thinks you shouldn't.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dalglish » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:18 am

daxy1 wrote:mate the best way to test if it works is next time yer out on the lash find the biggest scariest
fecker yer can and run up behind him and ram yer finger up his ar$e right up to the knuckle
and say whats up yer knuckle draggin swamp donkey yer mam loves it
and i can guarentee you will find out if you are good enough or have the right mentality
if you need any more help give me a holla and ill sort yer out mush! 

ps let me know how yer get on

:laugh:

Daxy has spoken ..................
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:30 am

Sabre wrote:For what is worth the words of my maestro were much more conservative than those of your teacher. He said  that in cases we were asked for money with a knife, we shouldn't be stupid and put our risk in our life.

that's the bottom line. after all how much do we ever carry in our wallets? £100 max? i'd quite happily lose £100 to not be stabbed.

give him the money and get a very good look at his face. then if ever you see him again on his own, take him by surprise and administer justice :laugh:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Sat Sep 29, 2007 1:25 am

I prefer the DS technique. You chat up my bird I take it as you support manchester what? your a dead man. I wake up with broken bones 2 black eyes and a split lip but the man I fought is dead ! works for me.

DS - Drunken Stupour
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:16 am

we were taught taekwondo in the police as a form of self defence mainly, as well as various restraint techniques (including the stranglehold which can render you unconscious very quickly, it was outlawed after it was used on an illegal immigrant woman and she died as she was restricted from breathing for too long).

however to use the moves effectively in real life you had to be very very good at them or they just failed. basically at the end of the few months the instructor told us that apart form the restraints we may as well forget everything else as if someone wanted to fight we would end up wrestling with them trying to get a lock on them (we also did a lot of ground work). we were also instructed to just hit people with whatever we could in a violent situation in order to solve it and protect yourself.

one night me and a colleague were jumped by 10 or 11 drunk youths, i got  broken bone in my hand and he got a broken nose, but we managed to arrest 5 or 6 of them by basically just fighting and holding onto them (and of course excessive use of the baton) we both took lots of kicks and punches but managed to put a few down and cuff a few to a lamp post, we never used anything we were taught, it was basically just a street fight and any training i suppose went out the window.

one thing i would like to learn is muay thai now i am out here, but i think i am past it now    :D
112-1077774096

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum