Jade goody

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:07 pm

Ok here is a risky question - what is people thoughts about Jade Goody and her cancer and everything thats going on in the media about her ?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:08 pm

I never liked her, but at the end of the day she's a human being. Further more
a mother. Tragic.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:08 pm

i do not like this women, however, i think its terrible what is going to happen.

feel sorry for her, especially the kids who will lose their mum
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:09 pm

sad news, I wouldnt wish it on Lando, Sabre or anyone.

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:14 pm

Reason i asked was had a heated debate in work about her - one guy says there is far more people out there more worthy of his sympathy and that the girl has bleed the media for evertything she can get and is just famous being a racist and being thick on Big bro . I think she and her family deserve all the sympathy because of the awful illness and maybe by being in the media it might highlight the illness and maybe money from all this publicity can go to cancer research or something - but i just dont seem to like the whole max clifford and constant press involved at the moment and it seems that they want everyone to feel sorry for them as if she is a heroine or something ? it is certainly dodgy ground.
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:14 pm

Bam wrote:sad news, I wouldnt wish it on Lando, Sabre or anyone.

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:19 pm

I'm getting all maudlin now but it's fecking terrible. She's got a half brother (Brett) who used to work with us as a chef in the Bulls Head Chislehurst (Nanny might know that pub, not too far from Charlton). He was as daft as a brush as well, but not a bad lad underneath it all. Used to fancy himself a bit but like I say not a bad kid. His and her mum is a bit of a pikey as well as all her other foibles, and with the best will in the world I don't think the kids had an awful lot of chances.

Anyways, she's got two little kids and it's an absolute tradgedy. Thm two poor little buggers left without a Mum or a proper dad. Hopefully this lad she wants to marry is a decent kid and will do the right thing with the wedge of cash she's no doubt leaving behind.
Last edited by bigmick on Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:23 pm

well i didnt want to mention him but he is a different story in my eyes - just released from jail where he was inside for gbh or abh i think - always been a dodgy character - very young lad who he seems to have landed on his feet and may be taking her for a ride here - off course thats just a cynical view he may well be genuine but i have my doubts .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:31 pm

I think I've been ripped off. Bought this years Jade Goody calendar and it only goes up to April. :angry:

that was a text I received on Saturday.  ???

Feel sorry for her young family though, not nice at all.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bam » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:32 pm

bigmick wrote:I'm getting all maudlin now but it's fecking terrible. She's got a half brother (Brett) who used to work with us as a chef in the Bulls Head Chislehurst (Nanny might know that pub, not too far from Charlton). He was as daft as a brush as well, but not a bad lad underneath it all. Used to fancy himself a bit but like I say not a bad kid. His and her mum is a bit of a pikey as well as all her other foibles, and with the best will in the world I don't think the kids had an awful lot of chances.

Anyways, she's got two little kids and it's an absolute tradgedy. Thm two poor little buggers left without a Mum or a proper dad. Hopefully this lad she wants to marry is a decent kid and will do the right thing with the wedge of cash she's no doubt leaving behind.

EDIT

Forum Discourse
Bam
LFC Super Member

Postby GRAHAM01 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:50 pm

GYBS wrote:but i just dont seem to like the whole max clifford and constant press involved at the moment and it seems that they want everyone to feel sorry for them as if she is a heroine or something ? it is certainly dodgy ground.

i don't think she is doing any of this new tv work for herself she has said she is doing as much tv work as she can ( what ever it is ) so she can have as much money for the kids when they grow up

at the end of the day i say if that is true then let her be on tv as much as she can because it's those poor little ones that will get the benefits, it won't make up for not having there mum at there side but anything that helps can't be bad
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:36 pm

sad for her and her family but loads of people die from cancer (including my mother) without the media fixating on a talentless, achieved nothing, person who represents this terrible "reality tv" age. Elton John offering his house for her wedding, would he do it for the woman down the road from you ? no!

I understand her motivation to sell her stories to get more money to support her children, but the newspapers shouldn't be standing by to watch her die. A year or two ago they called her a racist disgrace, but somehow getting a disease makes her a hero?

Nonsense, but then again I despise celebrity,reality television and tabloids trying to get a national outpouring of emotion for somebody that we don't know (that all started with Diana).
Last edited by Big Niall on Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:42 pm

Think you have managed to sum up my feelings there mate and as for diana well thats the same thing to me - yes a royal who died - sorry will never understand the country mourning for her and all the grief and it still going on to this day .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:26 pm

But Diana was a member of our Royal family, someone who was a member of our countries head family. I'm by no means a Royalist, far from it, but I would fight for Queen and Country if I should be required to do so therefore I have athe upmost respect for them. also, Diana did a hell of a lot of charity work and helped a lot of people.

As for Jade Goody, well she's trying to help her own.
Last edited by Roger Red Hat on Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Tue Feb 17, 2009 3:40 pm

I guess its all abouot opinions mate - she blamed the media for making her life hell but she certainly played the media for all its worth and was far from being whiter and than white - yes it was a shame that she died as it is anyone but ten years later still an outpouring of grief ?! sorry not for me . For me she will always be that woman who went into an operating theatre to have her pic taken all doe eyed without any surgical protection while a young kids op was going on and it was a disgrace that she could of infected the young lad and the doctor at the time was sacked afterwards for putting in an offical complaint because she was there and could of ruined the op - just for her own publicity .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum