Jade goody

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Judge » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:22 pm

JBG wrote:I refuse to feel guilty for feeling schadenfreude for Jade Goody's death. The stuff in the papers and on tv is absolutely nonsense: about her being a warm and loving person, a "character", what have you. Remember this person was a complete and utter idiot, a piece of media trash that would have done anything for a few bob and both during her life and in her death she detracted from far more important issues that people should be worried about, such as the silent millions who die for disease and cancers across the world each year, millions who die from hunger, war, global warming, the economic depression, social issues etc. I mean, I can understand public mourning where a person who actually contributed to mankind passes away, but what did Jade Goody do? She was a symbol of much that was wrong in the 21st century: its ok to be dense, its ok to make an absolute fool of yourself in public. I mean, Natasha Richardson achieved more in five minutes of her life than Jade Goody ever did but her passing has been utterly eclipsed by Jade.

I'm not inhuman and as an expectant father I do genuinely and sincerely sympathise with her kids, as for her husband and mother, I'll give them five minutes before they sell their stories to the tabloids and make themselves a few grimy bob.

spot on mate
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:35 pm

JBG Posted on Mar. 23 2009,12:13I refuse to feel guilty for feeling schadenfreude for Jade Goody's death. The stuff in the papers and on tv is absolutely nonsense: about her being a warm and loving person, a "character", what have you. Remember this person was a complete and utter idiot, a piece of media trash that would have done anything for a few bob and both during her life and in her death she detracted from far more important issues that people should be worried about, such as the silent millions who die for disease and cancers across the world each year, millions who die from hunger, war, global warming, the economic depression, social issues etc. I mean, I can understand public mourning where a person who actually contributed to mankind passes away, but what did Jade Goody do? She was a symbol of much that was wrong in the 21st century: its ok to be dense, its ok to make an absolute fool of yourself in public. I mean, Natasha Richardson achieved more in five minutes of her life than Jade Goody ever did but her passing has been utterly eclipsed by Jade.

I'm not inhuman and as an expectant father I do genuinely and sincerely sympathise with her kids, as for her husband and mother, I'll give them five minutes before they sell their stories to the tabloids and make themselves a few grimy bob.

JBG hits the nail on the head. and gets an extra point for using shadenfreunde in a sentence  :D
burjennio

Postby tubby » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:59 pm

I feel sorry for anyone with cancer but cancer aside as a person she was an evil selfish racist bitch. I can't believe even Gordon Brown made a comment
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:05 pm

burjennio wrote:
JBG Posted on Mar. 23 2009,12:13I refuse to feel guilty for feeling schadenfreude for Jade Goody's death. The stuff in the papers and on tv is absolutely nonsense: about her being a warm and loving person, a "character", what have you. Remember this person was a complete and utter idiot, a piece of media trash that would have done anything for a few bob and both during her life and in her death she detracted from far more important issues that people should be worried about, such as the silent millions who die for disease and cancers across the world each year, millions who die from hunger, war, global warming, the economic depression, social issues etc. I mean, I can understand public mourning where a person who actually contributed to mankind passes away, but what did Jade Goody do? She was a symbol of much that was wrong in the 21st century: its ok to be dense, its ok to make an absolute fool of yourself in public. I mean, Natasha Richardson achieved more in five minutes of her life than Jade Goody ever did but her passing has been utterly eclipsed by Jade.

JBG hits the nail on the head. and gets an extra point for using shadenfreunde in a sentence  :D

no foulgander from JBG :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GRAHAM01 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:54 pm

RIP my thoughts go to the little ones bless them and i hope they only have happy Memories
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:13 pm

Jade wants to be cremated and her ashes put into little purple pouches. Her thought was that everyone attends her funeral can go home with a goody bag.

doh, didn't take long for the phone text gags to appear did it. ???
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:22 pm

Unfortunatly that joke was out couple weeks ago . There is worse about
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:23 pm

GYBS wrote:Unfortunatly that joke was out couple weeks ago . There is worse about

Not even im gonna type the ones ive heard!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ulster-red » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:24 pm

R.I.P Jade heart goes out to her two young ones:(
You'll never walk alone
ulster-red

Postby Bermenstein » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:51 pm

R.I.P. Jade Goody. For one to loose their life so young is such a tragedy.

Whether you liked her or not, for what she achieved in her short life, is a credit to her, whatever way she achieved it. She had a tough upbringing with her mum & dad apparently no good when she was growing up. She was courageous and ambitious to the very end.
Bermenstein
LFC Super Member

Postby dawson99 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:53 pm

Bermenstein wrote:R.I.P. Jade Goody. For one to loose their life so young is such a tragedy.

Whether you liked her or not, for what she achieved in her short life, is a credit to her, whatever way she achieved it. She had a tough upbringing with her mum & dad apparently no good when she was growing up. She was courageous and ambitious to the very end.

Are there 2 Jade Goodys?
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:18 pm

Lee J wrote:Jade wants to be cremated and her ashes put into little purple pouches. Her thought was that everyone attends her funeral can go home with a goody bag.

doh, didn't take long for the phone text gags to appear did it. ???

:D  lol
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:17 pm

From thousands of miles away, I dont understand any of the fuss surrounding this girl´s death. Are the brits just looking for a reason to get some emotion off their chests during the financial crisis? From what I see she is a foul mouthed bigot who changed her mind when she realised she was dying.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:22 pm

really pathetic the way people are supposed to be upset about a stranger dying. none of us knew her and she didn't lighten up any of our lives in any way.

obviously sad for her family and friends but are we going to open up a thread for anyone that dies young?

society really is going to the toilet when stupid talentless people can just become celebrities - see Kerry Katonia for details.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:32 pm

The BBC says her funeral will be on tv ffs...... what is the matter with the UK these days, think of all the wonderful, wonderful people who have raised millions for charity, given their life's work to help those in need, helped the old, infirm and disabled who quietly go on to a better world unnoticed. The Uk is a sad and pathetic nation symbolised by the 'News of the World' mentality.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum