Jade goody

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Dalglish » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:34 am

Firstly I extend my heartfelt sympathy to Jade Goody's friends and family as I'm sure any normal person would...............

In a society where celebrity has replaced royalty and the public seem fascinated with the ins and outs of people they have never met but feel they know, this whole episode is a further slide into the circus that is "celebrity".

Whatever the reasons why, she is obviously profiteering from her own unfortunate demise and that does make me feel uncomfortable.

We can all choose to live with dignity and equally to die with dignity but Jade Goody hasn't benefitted from a decent education and those that surround her haven't always given her the best advice so she chooses to deal with her illness in the most public of ways. People point to the upturn in women going for smear tests as though this suddenly makes her actions something to applaud but I'm not so sure that the end justifies the means here.

Her children's financial security is another reason she has given as to her actions but with a affluent Father I'm sure they won't go hungry.

I lost my Mum 10 years ago and no amount of money would have eased the pain of losing her but perhaps in Jade's eyes financial reward  is possibly seen as a measure of success and security.

Death is inevitable but in a society where religion and spirituality are largely irrelevant maybe we shouldn't be surprised when celebrity and financial status has become the new comforter ???
Dalglish
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:19 pm

Dalglish wrote:Firstly I extend my heartfelt sympathy to Jade Goody's friends and family as I'm sure any normal person would...............

In a society where celebrity has replaced royalty and the public seem fascinated with the ins and outs of people they have never met but feel they know, this whole episode is a further slide into the circus that is "celebrity".

Whatever the reasons why, she is obviously profiteering from her own unfortunate demise and that does make me feel uncomfortable.

We can all choose to live with dignity and equally to die with dignity but Jade Goody hasn't benefitted from a decent education and those that surround her haven't always given her the best advice so she chooses to deal with her illness in the most public of ways. People point to the upturn in women going for smear tests as though this suddenly makes her actions something to applaud but I'm not so sure that the end justifies the means here.

Her children's financial security is another reason she has given as to her actions but with a affluent Father I'm sure they won't go hungry.

I lost my Mum 10 years ago and no amount of money would have eased the pain of losing her but perhaps in Jade's eyes financial reward  is possibly seen as a measure of success and security.

Death is inevitable but in a society where religion and spirituality are largely irrelevant maybe we shouldn't be surprised when celebrity and financial status has become the new comforter ???

Totally agree.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:24 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
peewee wrote:.

as for me, I say good on the girl, she is uneducated (as are most footballers but nobody denies them their column inches, or WAGs), she made the most out of what little talent she has, made herself wealthy which in turn will help her children.

she is in the news now because she is dying and people (not all people) want to read about it, fair play to her for using peoples fascination to secure a future for her kids.

will I be sorry when she dies?  No because I don't know her, but I am sure as hell not going to make jokes about a young woman dying of cancer. some of you need to take a look at yourselves and hope Mrs drummerphil does not read this thread

Agreed with every word there An if i was in the same situation were i could milk the media for the benefit of my kids id do it an all. Without any second thought.

Nanny, dont you think the kids would prefer their last weeks/days whatever amount of time with there mum they have left in private ?

I understand your sentiments totally, but like i have said money isnt everything and they wont go short.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:34 pm

Dalglish wrote:Firstly I extend my heartfelt sympathy to Jade Goody's friends and family as I'm sure any normal person would...............

Agree with most of the sentiments expressed here, I have to say.
I am also uncomfortable with the degree in which she is in the public eye though. There are many going through this in private I suspect.
Though if it is the case that the main or only reason she is doing it in this manner is to provide for her kids' future, then I would do the same.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby dawson99 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:35 pm

Meh.

I think Pauline Fowler dealt with it well, as for Jade Goody, couldn't give a monkeys to be honest.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:37 pm

LegBarnes wrote:
Number 9 wrote:
dawson99 wrote:Who's gonna play her? Bruce Willis?

:no
Matt Lucas ya fool!

yeah really funy isn't it to mock someone with cancer about them having no hair ain't it so funny isn't it you fu.cking cun.t I lost 2 people close to me with cancer and its any thing but a :censored: joke you small minded little :censored::angry:

Meh.
She wants the public eye, the money, everything that goes with it. that includes people like me and Baz making crude jokes.

Everyone has lost people close to them to cancer, that's the thing. But most people deal with it in a proper fashion.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:13 pm

dawson99 wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

Matt Lucas ya fool!

yeah really funy isn't it to mock someone with cancer about them having no hair ain't it so funny isn't it you fu.cking cun.t I lost 2 people close to me with cancer and its any thing but a :censored: joke you small minded little :censored::angry:

Meh.
She wants the public eye, the money, everything that goes with it. that includes people like me and Baz making crude jokes.

Everyone has lost people close to them to cancer, that's the thing. But most people deal with it in a proper fashion.

most people spend it struggling to suirvive, both health wise and financially. I remember poor Phil telling us how he was battle the banks and mortgage companies as hard as he was fighting cancer.

Yes, this has raised awareness of the disease and I hope it helps save a few lives…but the issue of cancer suffers spending their last days being hounded for debts hasbeen sadly overlooked.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:49 pm

dawson99 wrote:
LegBarnes wrote:
Number 9 wrote:

Matt Lucas ya fool!

Meh.

I understand where you are coming in terms of not caring about her from but I would never crack jokes about cancer. Anyone who has lost someone close to them through cancer would have the respect for that persons life not to make such crude jokes.

Its called morals.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:51 pm

Unfortunatley people cracks jokes about most things including disasters and deaths etc - human nature i guess .
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:29 pm

I agree with all this.

this whole saga says more about society than her.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:01 am

Shes died Mothers day aswell.

RIP
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:25 am

RIP
112-1077774096

Postby Greavesie » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:10 pm

Had to be Mother's day eh

RIP
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby tubby » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:14 pm

Fecking mothers day and all. Feel sorry for her kids. :-( But at least she is not in pain any more.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:01 pm

RIP

also, RIP to the other 100s of people who die daily in the UK from all forms of cancer.

:(
Last edited by dawson99 on Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum