Jade goody

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Ciggy » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:13 am

I feel sorry for her kids that they will grow up without a mother. But she should have gone for a smear test and she would have probably survived as they can detect the early stages.

But there are millions dying of cancer every day and dont get financial help from anyone.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:19 am

Ciggy wrote:I feel sorry for her kids that they will grow up without a mother. But she should have gone for a smear test and she would have probably survived as they can detect the early stages.

But there are millions dying of cancer every day and dont get financial help from anyone.

one good thing that will come out of this lynds is that more women will go for smears now .
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:26 am

Igor Zidane wrote:one good thing that will come out of this lynds is that more women will go for smears now .

I hope so, you men are lucky you dont have to have these things done, they are horrible and hurt like hell and its embarressing to say the least.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:28 am

Ciggy wrote:
Igor Zidane wrote:one good thing that will come out of this lynds is that more women will go for smears now .

I hope so, you men are lucky you dont have to have these things done, they are horrible and hurt like hell and its embarressing to say the least.

I'm right there with yer lynds  all the way . Oh to be a gynocologist (sp)  :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:43 am

On the question of Jade Goody I'm surprised to be honest at the negative emotion she has provoked off the boards. Whether or not anyone agrees with the way she's handles her impending death, and whether or not she is worthy of the fame and norotiety which is bestowed upon her, I'm surprised that more people aren't more sympathetic to another human being who is going to die aged 27 and leave kids behind into the bargain.

A few people have made the point that there are people who die of this illness every day, and that nobody makes a fuss about them. I don't necessarily think that's the point though. Any person that I hear of who is cut short in this way, and any young kids I hear of that are going to have to go through the rest of their lives without a Mum, register in my heart anyway. I'm not saying I go to bed at nights and sob about every unfortunate person, nor am I saying I'm any sort of Saint because I most certainly aren't, I do though thank God or fate or whoever is in favour with me at the time that it hasn't happened to mine.

It's true Jade Goody being terminally ill is no more tragic than any number of ordinary people who contract cancer every day, but it's no less tragic because she was on big brother and is able to milk some cash for her family before she goes either. Whatever she's done in her life she doesn't deserve to die at 27 years old I don't think, and her children certainly don't deserve to lost their Mum either. Each to their own and all that, but my best wishes go out to her family anyway.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:03 am

Igor Zidane wrote:
Ciggy wrote:I feel sorry for her kids that they will grow up without a mother. But she should have gone for a smear test and she would have probably survived as they can detect the early stages.

one good thing that will come out of this lynds is that more women will go for smears now .

Definitey true Igor - Jade Goody is doing more than politicians, health professionals or health promotion have been able to do to raise the profile of cervical cancer.

Ironically the people who are at most risk of cervical cancer are the people who don't attend for smear tests. They are people in lower socio-economic areas who give very little thought to their long-term health. It's extremely difficult to change their ways but it's been widely reported that the uptake of cervical screening has increased in these neighbourhoods with the recent publicity from Jade Goody's cancer.
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:24 pm

why is her thug boyfriend free? he is supposed to be in jail but was released so all this :censored: could play out in the news and they'd be seen as caring

scumbags should do their time in jail and if their loved ones die while they are inside, tough. don't like it? - well don't commit another crime then.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:26 pm

LegBarnes wrote:If you buy news papers you are just a mug any ways so what do you care unless you are a mug that buys them.

90% of whats in them are bollox.

or you could buy a proper newspaper i.e. not a tabloid.

tabloids aren't proper newspapers, good for sport but for proper news buy a broadsheet.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:32 pm

Big Niall wrote:why is her thug boyfriend free? he is supposed to be in jail but was released so all this :censored: could play out in the news and they'd be seen as caring

scumbags should do their time in jail and if their loved ones die while they are inside, tough. don't like it? - well don't commit another crime then.

I agree with this mate. Where's Jack straw for Michael shields then ! Friggin double standards.
UP THE PURPS !!!
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:38 pm

Big Niall wrote:why is her thug boyfriend free? he is supposed to be in jail but was released so all this :censored: could play out in the news and they'd be seen as caring

he's not suppose to be in prison, he's under Curfew and is tagged. He’s not meant to leave his mums house between the hours of 7pm – 8am. Hardly much a concession to let him have one night out, eh?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:56 am

Jade Goody through Max Clifford has said she is ready to die on camera if its what her fans want ?!?!ffs
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:55 pm

that'll make good telly, better than X factor and all the other :censored: on there.

get on with it Jade.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:03 pm

My mate reckons there will be a miraclous recover in the next couple of weeks ? bit harsh
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:00 pm

GYBS wrote:My mate reckons there will be a miraclous recover in the next couple of weeks ? bit harsh

My mate made a picture of Laurent Blanc kissing her head... now thats harsh!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:41 pm

GYBS wrote:My mate reckons there will be a miraclous recover in the next couple of weeks ? bit harsh

No chance
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum