Is anyone else having a really bad week? - ...double trouble...so far !

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby bunglemark2 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:33 pm

Right, before one of you (and you know who you are !) point out that I posted this in the wrong forum, I've deliberately picked this one "General Chat".

Basically me and a mate - who I've known for 19 years - fell out over the weekend over a job I asked him to do on my house. Not building work, or anything like that, more like a survey.
AND....my missus and his missus (who have known each other and been friends for 25 years) fell out over the same thing.

Turns out it was a complete misunderstanding on theor part, miscommunication between them....and the upshot is, we're painted as the guilty party.

Part of me thinks "Well, fook 'em !"....but it's tinged with regret.

I've tried the sensible approach, it doesn't work....

And today...my boss has the hump with me 'cos I chose to sit in a different place to my normal desk. Not that it makes a blind bit of difference anyway, 'cos he's already told me I need to find somebody else to work for. He's just a power-merchant and now is insisting I sit back where I was. Farkin' tool if you ask me....

Ho hum....30 mins and I'm out of this kip.

I need a new job. I need an injection of The Kop.
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Judge » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:07 pm

tell yer mate that to fook off, and that youve bummed his missus

:D

seriously:

get a new job, life is too short

plus, life is too short to fall out also - point that out to yer mate

if he was truly a good friend, he will see sense
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:33 pm

plus, life is too short to fall out also - point that out to yer mate

if he was truly a good friend, he will see sense

It should be more than enough.

I've gone through that and when somebody is really interested in the friendship things are solved.

The problem in this case seems to be a misunderstanding between them, and in those occasions, sometimes third parties pay the broken dishes. But everything will return to normal if you swallow a bit of pride -- it might not work right now but it will soon enough, and if it doesn't, they're not worth the trouble.

I went through a job change months ago and when you're not comfortable in a job uncertainty comes. It's better the known devil and all that. But right now I'm very happy with the new job.

So, nothing rare, just a bad week, just sit down patiently and wait until the wind blows behind again.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:44 am

Judge, Sabre....I know you're right that if somebody is interested in keeping a friendship alive, then it's worth working on. Thing is, some really, really nasty things were said; other nasty things inferred; tone and attitude (from the other couple) absolutely sucked. And it's not the first time in recent years either....
I think I've just had enough at this point in time.

As for the muppet I work for, yeah, I've made up my mind to get a new job. It ain't great at the moment though, anywhere....Market's gone very quiet...At least here in Ireland

What's it like over in the UK/Spain ?
bunglemark2

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:47 am

i left my job
i left my job for if i were to stay i would fall in love with her
after leaving my job, i realize leaving her is so much harder
i left my job but ive yet to leave her
stuck in my heart like a lullaby
i left my job and now im in love.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:50 am

Which band/track ?
bunglemark2

Postby LegBarnes » Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:17 am

bunglemark2 wrote:Right, before one of you (and you know who you are !) point out that I posted this in the wrong forum, I've deliberately picked this one "General Chat".

Basically me and a mate - who I've known for 19 years - fell out over the weekend over a job I asked him to do on my house. Not building work, or anything like that, more like a survey.
AND....my missus and his missus (who have known each other and been friends for 25 years) fell out over the same thing.

Turns out it was a complete misunderstanding on theor part, miscommunication between them....and the upshot is, we're painted as the guilty party.

Part of me thinks "Well, fook 'em !"....but it's tinged with regret.

I've tried the sensible approach, it doesn't work....

And today...my boss has the hump with me 'cos I chose to sit in a different place to my normal desk. Not that it makes a blind bit of difference anyway, 'cos he's already told me I need to find somebody else to work for. He's just a power-merchant and now is insisting I sit back where I was. Farkin' tool if you ask me....

Ho hum....30 mins and I'm out of this kip.

I need a new job. I need an injection of The Kop.

Sounds like a week we have all had from time to time.

You are not alone.  :alien:

But don't worrie so much if you hate your working environment make that change it will only make you happier in long run.

As for falling out with long term friends it happens there isn't much people can say as we don't know you friendship I say move on give it some time to cool down and you never know what will happen.

Good luck with it and hope things can turn around for you.
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:23 pm

As for the muppet I work for, yeah, I've made up my mind to get a new job. It ain't great at the moment though, anywhere....Market's gone very quiet...At least here in Ireland

What's it like over in the UK/Spain ?

It depends on the sector, are you a commercial agent?

As for the nasty things said, 2 years ago I had a bit of a quarrel with a close friend. He's a happy díck, you know those guys who shoot to every girl they see. I've known him for decades, and he knows me too, and he chose to try to fúck my best friend at 5am in the morning. It píssed me off that he treated a friend of mine like yet another slut, despite she told him to fúick off.

I told him I don't fúcking care he's a mad díck but that he had thousands of sluts and foreign girls to get wet his thing (basically his tactic is to lie them about how special they are, I've seen it thousands of times :D, but I didn't like it with a close friend). He told me I already have a gf and I shouldn't be my friend's fúcking body guard. From that, the situation scalated a la spanish, shouting, insulting and remembering old quarrels. Really nasty.

It took almost a year to meet each other again, and you know when is the moment to fix something, it's seen in the face. Give it time mate.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:39 pm

bunglemark2 wrote:Which band/track ?

if you're referring to my post, then its something i came up with expressing what i recently went through. i write poetry when im sad. its my outlet.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Emerald Red » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:18 am

It's like this: if anyone crosses me, be it a mate or otherwise, and it's serious enough, I tell em to go f*ck and cut them clean out of my life. I'm ruthless like that if I know I'm totally in the right and being f*cked with. I don't care how long I've known them for. That is not an issue. People change all the time.

Last year a mate of mine visited, and I'd a load of cash in my jeans. No one was in the room I was in for days. I know this because I'd never left it. I left my jeans in there, and he was the only person in that room. He was a mate since I was about 7. My best mate in fact. Anyway, I came back from getting him coffee and I noticed my jeans were sitting differently. He left. The next night I went to get some money from them, and everything was gone, even the coins. I marched up to his house, gave him the chance to admit, yet he lied through his teeth. His parents were present, and I gave him and them a right bolloking in his house. Eventually his ma pushed me out the door. If he'd got up to do it, he'd have gotten a right kicking. So, that's that. To this day, I've no intentions of ever speaking to him again. He was a good mate, but principles are principles. and I can't have both a liar and a thief  in my company. Trust your instincts. They'll always be faithful even if people aren't.
Last edited by Emerald Red on Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:26 am

I would have forgiven him if he admitted the truth, but in your case, I'd done the same thing.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:50 am

Since coming back from Spain last week i have had an absolute stinker.

The a.ss bandit that covered mine and the wifes shop completely screwed everthing up, paperwork everywhere the wrong percentages bieng paid out hence the shop loosing
money, the retards up in the head offices in Manchester getting in a flap because we weren't there for two weeks and supposedly not being able to wipe thier cracks without us.

Oh God i don't know why we came back, it's cold and crappy the kids are still not back at school and my cars m.o.t run out while i was away.

Role on the weekend.
Last edited by mistyred on Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Aug 28, 2008 1:11 pm

mistyred, have you made up with the catsmeow yet? :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:22 pm

Judge wrote:mistyred, have you made up with the catsmeow yet? :D

Good day's Judge.

But he can f'ck off the jumped up little tw@t the only contribution he made to this place was making me famous  :D   :p
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:35 pm

mistyred wrote:
Judge wrote:mistyred, have you made up with the catsmeow yet? :D

Good day's Judge.

But he can f'ck off the jumped up little tw@t the only contribution he made to this place was making me famous  :D   :p

famous for many years now mate  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum