I've had enough of this! - This forum

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby JBG » Tue Jan 25, 2005 9:52 pm

andy_g wrote:i remember making a post ages ago when i was a newbie when lots of people were complaining about the atmosphere on the forum and all the crud that was being posted. my repost then, and now, is that it is up to us to make the forum good. if we want a good forum then we make a good forum. a forum is made of its posts - the more good posts made the better the forum is.

Extremely well said Andy.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Homebooby » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:19 pm

I started off on the forum in the pre-season and found it an enjoyable experience and it has declined ever since. I find myself popping by every now and then just to see what the latest news/rumours are, but am immediately turned off by the level of junk on here, which is a shame.

I have to say though, I am not as serious about it as a lot of the people on here, but I do find myself wondering if there really isn't that much that we can talk about...hence the mundane subjects to fill the time.

The team is building, it needs time....there are a bunch of threads always running on this theme....some people claiming the team needs time, others that is needs shooting.

General team news and reviews......not much really going on there that hasn't been happening and discussed in the last few seasons.....still got dodgy keepers, the odd defensive mistake....midfield blowing hot and cold and a front line that doesn't look like they know which way the opposition end is.

Steve Gerrard...will he stay or go? Endless discussions here, but I would be very surprised to see him stay after this season based on the way that things are panning out. In any case, a fairly futile debate which really only offers a stay or go option of opinion.

The most interesting thing is the transfer rumour news and debate and that is pretty much limited to a couple of months a year.

Maybe I have it wrong, but there isn't really much else to talk about.
Homebooby

Postby Homebooby » Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:27 pm

forgot to mention the obligatory "who's using more than one name to post?" threads, the people who can't believe the impatience of fans who want things yesterday and of course, the posts such as this one, complaining about the junk.

I know I have contributed here...to those with the quick answers, this is the only time I have, I generally avoid adding to the clutter.

Personally, I would like to see people discussing football from a more general perspective, rather than focussing on every little Liverpool issue. I know that this is a Liverpool forum and that should still be the main slant......I after all view all games as a Liverpool fan but discuss issues on a game to game basis with friends who are fans of other teams on a more general level.

Noone ever seems to talk about anything that they couldn't believe they saw on the weekend, like the best goal, move or save etc...and that could be from any team. It doesn't make you any less of a Liverpool fan to voice those opinions.

I think it would be more dynamic and people would have more to talk about if that was going on,

Maybe I'll kick it off........
Homebooby

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:19 pm

Roberts wrote:
Lee J wrote:Roberts (in whatever guise he's in now) - posts threads about turd and stuff, no need really.

Dont worry Lee J im in this guise, and sadly for you and some of the other chumps who want me of this forum here is my message to you, I am going nowhere so...
GO AND FRY YOUR A.RSE :D

Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:40 pm

Lee J wrote:
Roberts wrote:
Lee J wrote:Roberts (in whatever guise he's in now) - posts threads about turd and stuff, no need really.

Dont worry Lee J im in this guise, and sadly for you and some of the other chumps who want me of this forum here is my message to you, I am going nowhere so...

Okay heres a bit of a guide

This is a A.RSE:

And this is a Pan:

NOW GO AND FRY YOUR A.RSE :D
82-1074641017

Postby JBG » Wed Jan 26, 2005 4:11 pm

Filthy man.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:27 pm

Roberts wrote:
Lee J wrote:
Roberts wrote:

Okay heres a bit of a guide

This is a A.RSE:

And this is a Pan:

NOW GO AND FRY YOUR A.RSE :D

??? WTFin hells that ???  Roberts your getting worse you really are, thats vile :glare:  :Oo:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:29 pm

Roberts: that's bloody manky, lad.  :oh:
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Woollyback » Wed Jan 26, 2005 5:30 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Roberts: that's bloody manky, lad.  :oh:

It's not manky, it's HIM :laugh:  :laugh:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 82-1074641017 » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:20 pm

Oh come on im just turning the other cheek :D

Legend Roberts
82-1074641017

Postby anfieldadorer » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:20 pm

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Hold up Stan I'm thinking of going with yer.  :(

If you go woof im going too :D

if you go i'm going too
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:25 pm

anfieldadorer wrote:
cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:Hold up Stan I'm thinking of going with yer.  :(

If you go woof im going too :D

if you go i'm going too

Awwww didnt know ya cared annie  :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby taff » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:27 pm

Stan Laurel wrote:Im going to take a sabbatical from this forum from tomorrow. This may seem like im going off in a strop or throwing my toys out of the pram but far from it. I've been considering this for a while and now seems like just as good a time as any. Im not sure how long i'll be away for, it could be a couple of days or it could be a couple of weeks.

Basically i've had enough of all the ****** that has been written on these boards over the last couple of months and certain people have spoiled my enjoyment of posting here and I know I'm not the only one considering their future on here. It seems that people are not able to post intelligently anymore, basically a lot of posts on here are full of the same ****** day in, day out and to be honest, I'd rather speak to a bunch of mute monkeys about football than certain people on here, such is the level of their football knowledge. I'm getting bored with reading the same ******, and its from exactly the same people. I am getting fed up with people of this forum that Rafa Benitez should go and I find it incredible what people saying about ****** things of Rafa Benitez. Just give him a chance and be patient.

I need time to chill out a bit, recharge some batteries and seriously consider whether I want to continue posting on here. Things were great until recently, it's just now im seeing the true colours of some people and I don't particularly like it.

Don't get me wrong, I think the way Supersub and JBG run this place is great and that's not the reason im considering my future, the standard of posts is what's getting me down and if I feel I cannot discuss football any longer without having to wade through gallons of ****** to find a sensible and logical post then what is the point in staying here? As I said before, i could be away for a couple of days but again I could be away for longer.

That is all.

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE to the REAL LIVERPOOL SUPPORTERS!!

"When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of a storm,
There's a golden sky.
And the sweet silver song of a lark
Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain.
Through your dreams be tossed and blown....
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone...You'll never walk alone.
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart.
And you'll never walk alone.
You'll never walk alone".

This guy opened his heart and all you lot do is argue over BUM PICTURES AND FRYING PANS

:laugh:
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:28 pm

taff wrote:
Stan Laurel wrote:Im going to take a sabbatical from this forum from tomorrow. This may seem like im going off in a strop or throwing my toys out of the pram but far from it. I've been considering this for a while and now seems like just as good a time as any. Im not sure how long i'll be away for, it could be a couple of days or it could be a couple of weeks.

Basically i've had enough of all the ****** that has been written on these boards over the last couple of months and certain people have spoiled my enjoyment of posting here and I know I'm not the only one considering their future on here. It seems that people are not able to post intelligently anymore, basically a lot of posts on here are full of the same ****** day in, day out and to be honest, I'd rather speak to a bunch of mute monkeys about football than certain people on here, such is the level of their football knowledge. I'm getting bored with reading the same ******, and its from exactly the same people. I am getting fed up with people of this forum that Rafa Benitez should go and I find it incredible what people saying about ****** things of Rafa Benitez. Just give him a chance and be patient.

I need time to chill out a bit, recharge some batteries and seriously consider whether I want to continue posting on here. Things were great until recently, it's just now im seeing the true colours of some people and I don't particularly like it.

Don't get me wrong, I think the way Supersub and JBG run this place is great and that's not the reason im considering my future, the standard of posts is what's getting me down and if I feel I cannot discuss football any longer without having to wade through gallons of ****** to find a sensible and logical post then what is the point in staying here? As I said before, i could be away for a couple of days but again I could be away for longer.

That is all.

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE to the REAL LIVERPOOL SUPPORTERS!!

"When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark.
At the end of a storm,
There's a golden sky.
And the sweet silver song of a lark
Walk on through the wind, walk on through the rain.
Through your dreams be tossed and blown....
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone...You'll never walk alone.
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart.
And you'll never walk alone.
You'll never walk alone".

This guy opened his heart and all you lot do is argue over BUM PICTURES AND FRYING PANS

:laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Wed Jan 26, 2005 7:28 pm

I don't normally post in the General Chat Forum, but I was having an idle thought, that I might pose a question along the lines of 'Is the Forum stuggling a bit'.
So looking to post in General Chat, I came accross this topic at the top of the page.

Now, having seen just the first post and this page I am convinced that it is more than struggling!

My observations:

Too, many of the serious posts are being hijacked into banalities before they can develop a decent theme.
Too few people are willing to discuss a point.
Too many posts are being jumped on and ridiculed within one or two posts, particularly those from new members. Who are often younger people and who must get a confidence knock.
There are a group of pompous senior members who seem to think that only their opinion counts and a group of challengers, who feel it is their duty to respond,as a result, posts eventually disapear into pages of graphic verbal abuse.
Of which there are prime examples on this page, together a picture that does nobody any credit.
All of which, poses a question to me, could I recommend this forum to my son or daughter and feel that I was giving them the best of parental guidance.
And the answer is No!  Which says something !!
Now personally, no one on this forum has upset me and I have no axe to grind with anybody, but I think I have view for you, that some of the more mature might agree with. Indeed, BigMick resigned last year but came back and now we have the latest expression of disinterest from Stan Laurel.
Maybe we should just look at ourselves and question some of the posts that we make, to try and keep some credibility for the forum, without losing the amusing and the wackey or the discussion from opposite ends of the spectrum, but let's try and keep it respectful !!
Just a thought !!
Redrider
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum