How bizarre

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:30 pm

lakes10 wrote:
bunglemark2 wrote:Take a leaf out of their book, mate.
Go on - head down, rev up, and throw yourself headfirst into an oncoming truck....

what and leave my daughter without a daddy and my wife without a husband....................nice.

i can sort that out mate  :rasp
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Emerald Red » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:13 pm

Bat's are not blind contrary to popular belief. The expression blind as a bat probably comes from bats doing exactly what you saw, Lakes. They use sonar to locate insects in the air. If your bat was chasing one, it probably just smacked into the lampost by mistake or the lampost could have been giving out a slight vibration which it heard and confused it with a moth or something. I remember one time when I was a kid standing with a group of mates one night, and when one turned around, he'd a bat sitting on his shoulder. They're oddballs, them bats.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby fivecups » Fri Jun 25, 2010 9:05 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Bat's are not blind contrary to popular belief. The expression blind as a bat probably comes from bats doing exactly what you saw, Lakes. They use sonar to locate insects in the air. If your bat was chasing one, it probably just smacked into the lampost by mistake or the lampost could have been giving out a slight vibration which it heard and confused it with a moth or something. I remember one time when I was a kid standing with a group of mates one night, and when one turned around, he'd a bat sitting on his shoulder. They're oddballs, them bats.

I thought theirs sonar 'bounced' sound off objects thus measuring the distance and size of said object? Could be completely wrong but never thought they measured the 'vibration' of lamp-posts???
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:16 pm

fivecups wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Bat's are not blind contrary to popular belief. The expression blind as a bat probably comes from bats doing exactly what you saw, Lakes. They use sonar to locate insects in the air. If your bat was chasing one, it probably just smacked into the lampost by mistake or the lampost could have been giving out a slight vibration which it heard and confused it with a moth or something. I remember one time when I was a kid standing with a group of mates one night, and when one turned around, he'd a bat sitting on his shoulder. They're oddballs, them bats.

I thought theirs sonar 'bounced' sound off objects thus measuring the distance and size of said object? Could be completely wrong but never thought they measured the 'vibration' of lamp-posts???

I would've thought the same, too. Makes you wonder what else they accidentally mistake for food.  :D
LFC2007

Postby Sabre » Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:52 pm

Great stats from Andy :D

We captured bats with jerseys when kids. You threw the jersey up, and often the bat got trapped in it, as the jersey fell again.

I like bats, they keep insects in acceptable rates in summer.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:55 am

LFC2007 wrote:
fivecups wrote:

I would've thought the same, too. Makes you wonder what else they accidentally mistake for food.  :D

lol yer.

IN 1996 i was doing a bit of caving, we was about 50ft down when about 500 bats took off right at us, there was not much room but not one of them hit us.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:42 am

:laugh: Some crackin replies in here, LFC and the takeover and Andy's stats :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:07 pm

Dya reckon any cats kill bats ?
You know like the way they get birds all the time ?

Me brothers cat has killed a few pigeons in its time. But it would be weird seeing it mauling a bat.

Bats are weird but also quite mysterious like foxes.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:24 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:Dya reckon any cats kill bats ?

Me brothers cat has killed a few pigeons in its time. But it would be weird seeing it mauling a bat.

Theres loads of them flying round my garden everynight, I dont know where they sleep during the day but its horrible sitting out of a night they swoop down to eat the mossy's and you think they will get caught in your hair, well not hair obviously youve got none :D
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Jun 26, 2010 1:28 pm

Ciggy wrote:
Ben Patrick wrote:Dya reckon any cats kill bats ?

Theres loads of them flying round my garden everynight, I dont know where they sleep during the day but its horrible sitting out of a night they swoop down to eat the mossy's and you think they will get caught in your hair, well not hair obviously youve got none :D

Oi you !!!! :angry:

:D

I love the pepe reina look me.

I would proper sh!t meself if there were bats flying round my head, hair or not  :D
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:53 pm

lol well heres another strange one for you, me and my wife jumped out of bed at 3am due to the fire alarm going off in the bed room. after 5 mins of smelling everything we put it down to the battery(but when it was set off it continuous untill i took the battery). I got a new battery and as i was about to put it in a very small spider crawled out of the sensor part of the alarm.

it must have crawled over the particle sensor and then just sat there lol

bloody spiders.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:00 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
fivecups wrote:

:laugh:

Yeah. But surely some interfernce happens with them and they mistake stuff.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:04 pm

Ben Patrick wrote:Oi you !!!! :angry:

:D

I love the pepe reina look me.

No need for the  :angry: cause your quite fit  :;):  :D

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:37 pm

That bat must of been out ROBIN,  what a JOKER i am  :laugh:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:43 am

NANNY RED wrote:That bat must of been out ROBIN,  what a JOKER i am  :laugh:

pmsl  :D
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<