Hacked

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby lakes10 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:00 am

some git has hacked my router and my modem, i have been told that my modem has been cloned so they are sending me out a new on, they downloaded 30 gb in two days, lucky v media blocked me or i would not have found out it has happend
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:03 am

thank god for my mobile.....but its slow to use sometimes.
Spent loads on firewalls and spywear over the years and loads of free ones, i was so sure it would not happen to me.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:46 am

I never pay for any anti virus or firewalls.

I am a firm believer that if you aren't stupid and visit sites with poor privacy/spyware reputations and you don't download from disreputable sources invariably you don't get hacked.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:00 am

Thanks for update  Lakes

If someone does appear on this forum under your name sprouting credible football stories, I know its the imposter :D
Last edited by laza on Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby roberto green » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:18 am

laza wrote:Thanks for update  Lakes

If someone does appear on this forum under your name sprouting credible football stories, I know its the imposter :D

:D
roberto green

Postby roberto green » Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:21 am

Seriously though Lakes do you do your Internet banking and that because you could be in trouble if you do.I had a mate that had a few grand wiped from his account through him not having any privacy and password settings on his computer.
roberto green

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:14 pm

:laugh:  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GOAT » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:14 am

SouthCoastShankly wrote:I never pay for any anti virus or firewalls.

I am a firm believer that if you aren't stupid and visit sites with poor privacy/spyware reputations and you don't download from disreputable sources invariably you don't get hacked.

Exactly.

I don't have any proper anti virus or firewall either. As long as you're clever enough to know what to do and what not to do you will be fine. I haven't had any protection for 2 years and I've literally never had a problem with anything

And I regularly download torrents too

i'm either a magician or I just know what I'm doing
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby lakes10 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:01 pm

roberto green wrote:Seriously though Lakes do you do your Internet banking and that because you could be in trouble if you do.I had a mate that had a few grand wiped from his account through him not having any privacy and password settings on his computer.

i am on dial up right now (and it stinks)
can not use both of the main pc's can only use the notebook.

our banking got hit and other files have also been taken from my PC, most of them are to do with banking, my Tax file ha gone.

we have changed our bank stuff now, going to take 3 days for the new cards to get here. the banks have blocked our online banking for 14 days just in case he finds a way of using the information to get them to change it as he could try to be me and phone them.

the  person would have got my Date of birth and all stuff like that from my PC.

Vmedia seem to think they cloned my moden and was able to change all the setting on my pc so they could do what they like.

getting a new modem sent, should be here monday, been told to reformat both pc.

been told it was a backdoor and that i might have missed a XP update.

anyway getting off this now as i have to pay from every min i am on the net right now.,
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:05 pm

vm are a joke, spent 7 hrs trying to talk to them on the phone this weekend.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:13 pm

You should get a mac
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:51 pm

:laugh: Made me laugh that  :laugh: .
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:52 pm

lol

anyway

i have new new modem, sewt it up and had top phone them to get it online......once they put in the mac addy nothing hapend, they saind i was going to be put on hold to bet moved to the tech lot........1hr 57 min later someone so lady in india spoke to me.....and then cut me off, 1hr later I spoke to another person in india and they got it working (they did not put in the right mac addy)

so i have one pc running from the modem, still have to reformat the main pc and sort out my router.

good to be back online...for a bit lol
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:29 am

lakes10 wrote:1hr 57 min later someone so lady in india spoke to me.....and then cut me off

:laugh:  im laughing because I can empathise with how miffed you would have been.

We got cut off last week, Tv, Internet and phone. Virgin had not received a payment. It was paid of course over the internet, but for some reason they had not recorded it. It went out of our bank, but they had it down as unpaid, and so we were cut off.

I went nuts. Every bloody phone call was to an indian who were totally useless. The same charade every time. Account number, password then pass me on to another department.

The amount of times they tried passing it off as a "fault at their end". Advice for anyone who gets this response, hang up then call back, you WILL get another indian, but you may come across one that is remotely helpful.

This is unfair on the indians in general, but whenever we have trouble with our services indians are all we deal with, and from this service in particular, they are not shown in a favourable light.

I hate Virgin with a passion, I am so bloody tempted to go the way most people are going. Lets face it, its cheaper and more reliable.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:09 pm

well i have it free now for the next 3 months.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum