Green street - Firms?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:47 am

Was watching that Green Street on jaag DVD yesterday, the one with Elijah 'frodo' Wood in it.

The reason why I opened this topic was because, apparently, every team across Europe has a 'firm'. Main example, the nob'eds from West Ham and Milwall. If this is true that every club supposedly has one, does Liverpool have a firm? Cos I've never heard of it.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:01 am

Well, I live not too far from Stamford Bridge (about 1.2miles away) and when I was a youngster, there were always stories of the 'Chelsea Smilers' (I'm sure everyone has heard of this firm?) coming down to our school, to sort some people out.

In all honesty, I was frightened (at the time) because they had like a legendary status, in and around west london and most of the country too I believe.
It was just the idea of them either slicing your face from ear to ear, or putting a credit card in your mouth and smashing your cheeks together to split your whole mouth opened!!!  F*ck that ??? :D

As for LFC, I have never heard of a 'Firm' as such, but back in the day there was plenty nutters at all clubs, ours included!!

Also, I wouldnt listen to that film wrighty (IMO) because come on isnt the star of the film a yank?  It was made by Americans, in they dont have the slightest idea about the real goings on in terms of football violence between fans in the UK.
Personally, havent watched the film, and not likely too, as its made by Americans and I have heard its sh*t anyway!!!

If you want a real hooligan film, then there is only one to watch - 'The Firm' which was made in the eighties, no that is a film, much better than 'I.D' too!!!
76-1115222408

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:05 am

Also, just to add, the 'Firms' have sorta died out here now, but go to South America (Argentina especially!) Italy (Rome especially {Lazio/Roma}) and Spain and they have the 'Ultras' who are more than just a violent crew, they actually have deals with the boardroom and have a say in what goes on in and around the stadium at times too.
These Ultras, often get their tickets from high ranking officials from their clubs.
I watched a programme on this a while ago (sorry, cant remeber the name) and it was excellent, a real insight!
76-1115222408

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:06 am

Ive got this film only watched the beginning and fell asleep :D  so Ill have to watch it this week.
Yesterday the Hammers fans where singin to Mido, "your fathers a suicide bomber" and " your mums a shoebomber" rivalry aside these chants have no place at a football match I find them quite disgusting  :no .

There was a survey last week into football fans heres a list of the worst. From RAWK.

The Independant.
Police publish 'league of shame' as violence moves from stadiums to railway
carriages

By Sophie Goodchild, Chief Reporter
Published: 20 November 2005

A massive rise in football violence on Britain's rail networks has prompted
police to publish a league table of clubs with the worst offending supporters.
West Ham pushed Sunderland into second place in the "league of shame", on the
basis of its fans being involved in more serious incidents on trains, according
to figures out for the first time this week.

Manchester United came third. Liverpool, Chelsea and Leeds are also in the top

British Transport Police (BTP), which compiled the figures, say they show the
reputation of "the beautiful game" is being tarnished by the behaviour of a hard
core of fans who have been involved in more than 100 incidents in the past three
months alone.

THE 10 WORST TEAMS THIS SEASON

1: West Ham United
serious incidents: 4
antisocial behaviour: 2
arrests: 4

2: Sunderland
serious incidents: 1
antisocial behaviour: 9
arrests: 5

3: Manchester United
serious incidents: 2
antisocial behaviour: 1
arrests: 14

4: Leeds United
antisocial behaviour: 8
arrests: 4

5: Millwall
antisocial behaviour: 5
arrests: 3

6: Arsenal

7: Chelsea
antisocial behaviour: 3

8: Newcastle United
antisocial behaviour: 3

9: Wolves
antisocial behaviour: 2
arrests: 0

10: Liverpool
arrests: 1

Eight Liverpool supporters had to be ejected from a train at Wolverhampton on 5
November, after being abusive towards other passengers. In another incident on
the same day, police were called to separate 30 Liverpool supporters and a
breakaway gang from Manchester United who were throwing bottles and beer cans at
each other at Stafford railway station. Batons and CS spray were in readiness
but not used. Liverpool are currently 10th in the worst fans league.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:10 am

LIVERPOOLANYTIME wrote:Well, I live not too far from Stamford Bridge (about 1.2miles away) and when I was a youngster, there were always stories of the 'Chelsea Smilers' (I'm sure everyone has heard of this firm?) coming down to our school, to sort some people out.

In all honesty, I was frightened (at the time) because they had like a legendary status, in and around west london and most of the country too I believe.
It was just the idea of them either slicing your face from ear to ear, or putting a credit card in your mouth and smashing your cheeks together to split your whole mouth opened!!!  F*ck that ??? :D

As for LFC, I have never heard of a 'Firm' as such, but back in the day there was plenty nutters at all clubs, ours included!!

Also, I wouldnt listen to that film wrighty (IMO) because come on isnt the star of the film a yank?  It was made by Americans, in they dont have the slightest idea about the real goings on in terms of football violence between fans in the UK.
Personally, havent watched the film, and not likely too, as its made by Americans and I have heard its sh*t anyway!!!

If you want a real hooligan film, then there is only one to watch - 'The Firm' which was made in the eighties, no that is a film, much better than 'I.D' too!!!

Nice one LA and CGGY. Anybody else know any more about it? Apparently, isn't there also a british film called 'the football factory' though, which has more or less the same kinda thing in it?
Last edited by wrighty (not mark!) on Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:13 am

read 'scally' by andy nicholls, one of evertons boys for years.

he talks about different clubs firms, including liverpool, and evertons battles with other firms.

i know hes blue nose but its an interesting read and i feel a truthful account as hes prepared to say when they got a good hiding
112-1077774096

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:14 am

We used to have the so called Liverpool Ultra's but its a thing of the past now, them that do cause trouble are probably p#ssed and we probably got beat when they have kicked off.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:16 am

watch the firm (old gary oldman film) for proper football violence, if thats your cup of tea.
Also there is football factory and Id, both ok but the firm is the original.

there are message boards just for football hooligans. i think liverpool got the urchins yeah?
Its just blokes having rucks and then talking about it the next weekend.
Its getting a lot bigger now with racists taking over and its getting more violent as well.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:18 am

the urchins are the younger fans, also called urchins at everton
112-1077774096

Postby 76-1115222408 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:18 am

Thats the one Dawson, 'The Firm' with Gary Oldman, I couldnt think of his name...One of the best films I have seen.
76-1115222408

Postby Ciggy » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:20 am

dawson99 wrote:there are message boards just for football hooligans. i think liverpool got the urchins yeah?
Its just blokes having rucks and then talking about it the next weekend.
Its getting a lot bigger now with racists taking over and its getting more violent as well.

Sheffield United/Wednesday have loads of them hooligan sites they love it its all the NF and BMP malarky with these 2 firms though, feckin idiots these are the @rseholes that give England a bad name.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:21 am

ive actually joined another message board. its one just for hooligans, wanted to see what was said, and its some pretty filthy violent stuff. they are all neo-nazi right wing thinking hooligans but the scary thing is that they are also very intelligent. It might not be on the news as much anymore but it is always still happening and there are more and mroe prison sentances every week.

the other scary thing is that when someone from one firm is sent down then other firms pay respect. Its actually a lot more organised than people think
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:22 am

mate the boards are aparently all just talk, the proper days of hooliganism were before the internet and they look down on the kids writing rubbish on forums
112-1077774096

Postby dawson99 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:25 am

peewee wrote:mate the boards are aparently all just talk, the proper days of hooliganism were before the internet and they look down on the kids writing rubbish on forums

you'd be surprised how much isnt talk. been doing alot of research. and the talk is just as scary. talk of a 'revolution' wont be far away.

these are scary days people, its gettin a wee bit mad
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby wrighty (not mark!) » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:27 am

Thanks for all the input ppl!
wrighty (not mark!)
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to General Chat Forum